Speculation: Whats next for Petey Mrazek?

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
RFA whose owned by Philly. He has no future with their NHL club from what I understand.

I'm sure someone will pay a 5th or 6th for his rights and take a chance on him? Or do you think he'll go overseas or something?

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
Hexy wont qualify Petr, Making him a UFA and free to sign with any team this summer, Wouldn't shock me to see him back with Detroit for much cheaper. Depending on how the backup goalie market plays out this summer.

rod

Apr 19, 2018
Hexy wont qualify Petr, Making him a UFA and free to sign with any team this summer, Wouldn't shock me to see him back with Detroit for much cheaper. Depending on how the backup goalie market plays out this summer.
That ship has sailed, he wont be back

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
I suspect the Sabres and NYI will be in on him, maybe Edmonton Calgary and Vancouver too and in the case of Buffalo and the NYI I don't know that it would matter 1 bit.

Rasmus CacOlainen

The end of the Tank
Sep 24, 2015
Europe
Id like to see him in Buffalo. Still believe there is some quality starter potential there unlike with Lehner. And we need a 1A/1B to go with Ullmark for sure.

Jan 21, 2018
Id like to see him in Buffalo. Still believe there is some quality starter potential there unlike with Lehner. And we need a 1A/1B to go with Ullmark for sure.

look at your D and then tell me what goalie is going to put up starter numbers on your team. maybe a handful of elite goalies could.

Lehner had a .920 sv% in 59GP the previous season yet somehow he doesn't have starting potential give me a break.

the sabres suck and it's not going to matter who's in net if they don't fix their D. the players in front of you and the system you play is a major factor in your numbers as a goalie.

Put Lehner/Mrazek on teams that don't leave their goalies to hang out to dry and their numbers would be better than many current "starters".

Reactions: Kuola

Rasmus CacOlainen

The end of the Tank
Sep 24, 2015
Europe
look at your D and then tell me what goalie is going to put up starter numbers on your team. maybe a handful of elite goalies could.

Lehner had a .920 sv% in 59GP the previous season yet somehow he doesn't have starting potential give me a break.

the sabres suck and it's not going to matter who's in net if they don't fix their D. the players in front of you and the system you play is a major factor in your numbers as a goalie.

Put Lehner/Mrazek on teams that don't leave their goalies to hang out to dry and their numbers would be better than many current "starters".
Ive seen enough of Lehner to know that even on a good team he will still look trash.

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
Yeah i know after all the trouble Holland went through with Petr's agent, There's absolutely no way he's back. Sounds like Holland has interest in Hutton any ways.
Interesting, where have you heard that Holland is interested in Hutton? Not doubting you, just hadn't heard that reported around St. Louis.

It's funny because I was thinking that the Blues might have an interest in Mrazek, depending on how things go with Hutton!

golffuul

Oct 24, 2011
Probably KHL for Kladno or something along those lines. He just hasn't shown he can be consistent enough for the NHL.

Reactions: deflowd

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
I suspect the Sabres and NYI will be in on him, maybe Edmonton Calgary and Vancouver too and in the case of Buffalo and the NYI I don't know that it would matter 1 bit.
I doubt Vancouver is interested. Markstrom had 2 years left at $3.6m and Nilsson has 1 year at $2.5m. Demko will be promoted at some point next year to play with Markstrom.

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
Probably KHL for Kladno or something along those lines. He just hasn't shown he can be consistent enough for the NHL.

The NHL is full of inconsistent goaltenders. I'm sure some NHL team would be okay inking him as a backup. He's going to be taking a major paycut from his $4m this season though.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
Interesting, where have you heard that Holland is interested in Hutton? Not doubting you, just hadn't heard that reported around St. Louis.

It's funny because I was thinking that the Blues might have an interest in Mrazek, depending on how things go with Hutton!
It's more of our insiders pretty much saying that Hutton more or likely would be Detroit's top target. Really shouldn't have said Holland because i really don't know whom Holland would target. Just mentioned that he was going after a backup this summer and it was mentioned by one of the insiders that it might be Carter Hutton. That he has the most interest in.

Reactions: stl76

Voodoo Glow Skulls

Formerly Vatican Roulette
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017

Any source? I'd like to read that article.

Not directed at you, stl76.

Voodoo Glow Skulls

Formerly Vatican Roulette
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
It's more of our insiders pretty much saying that Hutton more or likely would be Detroit's top target. Really shouldn't have said Holland because i really don't know whom Holland would target. Just mentioned that he was going after a backup this summer and it was mentioned by one of the insiders that it might be Carter Hutton. That he has the most interest in.

Article. Post the article.

If you don't have a source, I can work with you on the idea.

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
I'm confident he won't be in Philly just due to the draft picks that go with him re-signing here. Would be a poor idea for Hexy to retain him and sacrifice another pick.

ManwithNoIdentity

Jun 4, 2016
Kalamazoo, MI
Mrazek is just not an NHL caliber goalie and will probably go overseas or end up in the minors somewhere

Although if Scott Darling is still in the NHL signed to that ridiculous contract...

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
Either he gets another good chance in the NHL or heads to the KHL and turns into one of their best and he comes back on the Trade Rumours and Free Agent talk as a potential comeback goaltender three years later.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad