North Carolina
11D90E1A-EB16-45C2-9E14-214241527FDE.jpeg
C5F77DA4-FF00-4C4D-B668-E40FA9BD0D6B.jpeg

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
I'm baking red velvet cupcakes from scratch this weekend. I'll post my shitty iPhone 6S pictures of them when they're done! :P

I only frosted two (one for me, and one for my husband), with a butter knife, but they turned out very nice and airy. They'll look nicer when I frost the rest tomorrow morning. It's cream cheese frosting, so it has to stay in the refrigerator overnight, then I'll bring it up to room temperature before I can use it. Anyway, here's what one looks like!

oGktzIO.png

JustJonK

I made chicken vegetable soup in the crockpot over the weekend. Parboiled the chicken, diced it, tossed it in the crockpot with onion, celery, carrots, peas, green beans, limas and corn; poured in a can of chicken broth and a can of cream of chicken soup; seasoned it with salt, coarse black pepper, garlic, thyme and basil.

Turned out reasonably tasty, and I made enough to get four meals out of it, which was kind of the idea.

JustJonK

Here's something I whipped up (pun not intended) in a few minutes this afternoon. "Mystery Mousse"; simple, very tasty.

If you're allergic to soy or chocolate, not for you, though. Ingredients:

1 1-lb package silken tofu, drained
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate, melted
2 tablespoons real maple syrup

Put the tofu in a blender or food processor, add the maple syrup. Melt the chocolate however you choose (I use an improvised bain-marie, as it's less likely to shock the chocolate), scrape it into the food processor with a rubber scraper, and blend 'til smooth and all ingredients are incorporated. Pour into small serving dishes and refrigerate 'til firm.

Today I made a variant - I added a blob (a little over 1/4 cup, I'd guess) of peanut butter as well.

Mousse2_20220619.jpg

Reactions: MinJaBen

hblueridgegal

Timing is Everything
Sponsor
Sep 13, 2019
Old North State
Thought of all of you grill masters on Saturday. I had the best dish at The Blackbird..Charred Steak and Watermelon. I have never had grilled watermelon before..so good. Coupled with their summer cooler cocktail. Perfection.

Charred Steak and Watermelon: grilled tenderloin, charred watermelon, blue cheese, pepitas, Sorghum watermelon glaze

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Thought of all of you grill masters on Saturday. I had the best dish at The Blackbird..Charred Steak and Watermelon. I have never had grilled watermelon before..so good. Coupled with their summer cooler cocktail. Perfection.

Charred Steak and Watermelon: grilled tenderloin, charred watermelon, blue cheese, pepitas, Sorghum watermelon glaze
That sounds sounds delicious. Will have to try grilled watermelon. A few years ago, we started grilling peaches from our trees with mascarpone cheese on top and it’s become a favorite.

We try grilling most fruits and vegetables on our farm at least once. We tried grilled radishes the other night and they were dreadful. I’m not a radish fan to begin with though, but someone recommended it and they were terrible.

Reactions: hblueridgegal

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
New potatoes and Biff à la Lindström from the -50% expiration date sale.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad