Durham, NC
Time for the next course, gents.

1385047400528.jpeg

garnetpalmetto

Jerkministrator
Jul 12, 2004
Durham, NC
Weenies and fries.

Having some bostongurka on the side. It's awful. I was going to call you Americans out for that but it turns out it's Swedish shenanigans and nothing to do with Boston.

Had to google it to see what it was. Looks a bit like relish to me, but not the sweet pickle relish that tends to be more common here in the States. You always have to love when US cities/state names get attached to things I don't associate them with in various foreign countries. Bostongurka here, Boston Pizza in Canada, Indiana Tex-Mex in France...

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
Had to google it to see what it was. Looks a bit like relish to me, but not the sweet pickle relish that tends to be more common here in the States. You always have to love when US cities/state names get attached to things I don't associate them with in various foreign countries. Bostongurka here, Boston Pizza in Canada, Indiana Tex-Mex in France...

I don't know what the actual what is going on. The package insists it's "BostonStyle American pickle relish", and the ingredients are pretty much the same as the normal sweet pickle relish I like to have, but this one lacks any kind of sweetness. It's like they went all in with onion.

Chicago Style kurkkusalaatti 415 g - Kurkkusalaatit - Felix

Obviously having bought it from a 85 cent sale may possibly hold a hint why the taste is off.

garnetpalmetto

Jerkministrator
Jul 12, 2004
Durham, NC
I don't know what the actual what is going on. The package insists it's "BostonStyle American pickle relish", and the ingredients are pretty much the same as the normal sweet pickle relish I like to have, but this one lacks any kind of sweetness. It's like they went all in with onion.

Obviously having bought it from a 85 cent sale may possibly hold a hint why the taste is off.

And what's worse is the description there says Chicago style? Heck no. Chicago style relish is neon green.

GoldCoastChardog.jpg

raynman

Jan 20, 2013

And what's worse is the description there says Chicago style? Heck no. Chicago style relish is neon green.

GoldCoastChardog.jpg

Speaking of wieners and relish, aside from mustard, Mrs. Campbell’s Chow Chow is generally the only condiment I use on meats in tube form these days.
CC_HOT.jpg

Finnish Jerk Train

lol stupid mickey mouse organization
Apr 7, 2008
Raleigh
My wife wanted to do Fearrington House for our anniversary, so we did Fearrington House for our anniversary. We did not look at the menu before we went. As soon as we opened it, we realized we had not understood what we were getting ourselves into.

We are now eating ramen every day for the rest of the year, including Christmas day.

But it was delicious.

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
Wings are the easiest thing in the world to make and people don't know it. It takes like half an hour. People are grilling them and such....nah. Brush them with olive oil, throw them in the oven on 500 or 550. The higher the better. when the skins crisp up turn them over. Turn em again in about 5 minutes, sauce them, broil them until the sauce carmelizes, and you're done. I can start with nothing and have food ready to eat in an hour, including a run to the grocery store.

Best wing place I've ever known is Parkside Grill in Moline Illinois. They're famous for their *grilled* wings. I asked one of the cooks one time how they do it and she admitted they do them in the oven. They just throw them on the grill at the end because people want to see grill marks.

I don't like buffalo sauce though. I usually do mine Jamaican or Daytona style. Still spicy, but with a sweetness too.

Last edited:

raynman

Jan 20, 2013
Wings are the easiest thing in the world to make and people don't know it. It takes like half an hour. People are grilling them and such....nah. Brush them with olive oil, throw them in the oven on 500 or 550. The higher the better. when the skins crisp up turn them over. Turn em again in about 5 minutes, sauce them, broil them until the sauce carmelizes, and you're done. I can start with nothing and have food ready to eat in an hour, including a run to the grocery store.

Best wing place I've ever known is Parkside Grill in Moline Illinois. They're famous for their *grilled* wings. I asked one of the cooks one time how they do it and she admitted they do them in the oven. They just throw them on the grill at the end because people want to see grill marks.

I don't like buffalo sauce though. I usually do mine Jamaican or Daytona style. Still spicy, but with a sweetness too.

Can confirm easiness factor. The local pizza place I work at has some of the best wings I’ve ever had. They’re just generic food distributor wings run through our oven 2-3 times. Now I want their wings and they’re closed Sunday, dammit

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad