J Troll
Oct 4, 2006
Raleigh NC
2013-09_crank-arm_05.jpg

rocky7

DAT 13
Feb 9, 2013
God's country
I started drinking when I was a teenager into adulthood. then I became a connoisseur of fine wines and beers. then fine liquors. then years of working on the road and frequenting bars across the country. then years of working on the road and drinking beer in motel rooms. then I retired and bought a farm and continued to drink and enjoy different beer. then I began to buy and drink the cheapest beer.............then cough medicine.

now I drink coffee all the time.

Sens1Canes2

May 13, 2007
Draft PBR is $2 at My Way tavern in Holly Springs. Therefore I drink PBR.

Although sometimes Miller Lite is $2.50 so I'll splurge on that.

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
I'm a huge New Belgium fan, but I'm not huge on the 1554. Mainly because I'm more into pale ales. Give me a Ranger any day.

Id like to point out once again I live about a fifteen minute walk from new belgium's brewery. Bout the same to Odell's and Fort Collins brewery. Equinox and coopersmiths are closer. There's a slew of them here in town.

I don't have much to gloat about, so I tend to go overboard gushing over the beer Shangra la I've moved to.

Reactions: Roboturner913

garnetpalmetto

Jerkministrator
Jul 12, 2004
Durham, NC
Draft PBR is $2 at My Way tavern in Holly Springs. Therefore I drink PBR.

Although sometimes Miller Lite is $2.50 so I'll splurge on that.

Life's too short to drink bad beer. :shakehead

Stopped by Sam's on the way home today - they had a collaboration by Fullsteam and Mother Earth on draft - a white IPA called Whippa Snappa. Not bad at all. Nicely hopped without being a hop bomb. As somebody who doesn't normally like IPAs, I approve.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Years ago, the local Pabst distributor sponsored our softball team (in the Midwest). He supplied us for money for beer for after games, but had to be a Pabst product. Drank a lot of free past that summer.

Sens1Canes2

May 13, 2007
Life's too short to drink bad beer. :shakehead

Stopped by Sam's on the way home today - they had a collaboration by Fullsteam and Mother Earth on draft - a white IPA called Whippa Snappa. Not bad at all. Nicely hopped without being a hop bomb. As somebody who doesn't normally like IPAs, I approve.

Just don't like the taste of all these newfangled fancy beers I guess. I grew up drinking Molson Canadian and Alexander Keith's (not that you'd know what that is).

I literally gag on these hoppy beers. I have a beer vagina.

garnetpalmetto

Jerkministrator
Jul 12, 2004
Durham, NC
Just don't like the taste of all these newfangled fancy beers I guess. I grew up drinking Molson Canadian and Alexander Keith's (not that you'd know what that is).

I literally gag on these hoppy beers. I have a beer vagina.

Then drink Yuengling. Hell, better yet, drink local. Fullsteam's El Toro Cream Ale, Lonerider's Shotgun Betty, and all of Big Boss's year-round brews (Bad Penny, Hell's Belle, and Angry Angel) are all very approachable brews. You've also got both Aviator and Bombshell in Holly Springs. I'm not sure about Bombshell's offerings, but Aviator has Saison de Aviator, MadBeach, Steamhead, and Hot Rod Red all of which may work for you. Or give Devil's Tramping Ground a try. At 9.0% it's dangerous but you wouldn't know it's that boozy.

Sens1Canes2

May 13, 2007
Then drink Yuengling. Hell, better yet, drink local. Fullsteam's El Toro Cream Ale, Lonerider's Shotgun Betty, and all of Big Boss's year-round brews (Bad Penny, Hell's Belle, and Angry Angel) are all very approachable brews. You've also got both Aviator and Bombshell in Holly Springs. I'm not sure about Bombshell's offerings, but Aviator has Saison de Aviator, MadBeach, Steamhead, and Hot Rod Red all of which may work for you. Or give Devil's Tramping Ground a try. At 9.0% it's dangerous but you wouldn't know it's that boozy.

See, Yuengling is a typical beer that I don't like the taste of. Or more like the aftertaste. Bombshell I've been to, and I like their pilsner. However, it's not offered at my local bar and I don't drink at home.

ramp23

Oct 14, 2010
If I'm drinking beer, it's Natty Greene's or Red Oak. The way this season has gone, it's been single malt scotch and white label George Dickel. (And lots of it!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad