OT: Whatcha Drinkin

Status
Not open for further replies.

GinoLucia2217

Great Plains
Dec 1, 2013
Probably Minnesota
Obviously I am underage and won't be participating in this thread, but I thought this might be a great thread for all of you guys that can drink to share what beer, liquor etc. that you are drinking.

I got this idea from the Wild page as they have a thread just like this.

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
This website you both linked, I feel silly for not using. I tried a bunch of NC brews this weekend and can't remember them all now....

Reactions: Roboturner913

garnetpalmetto

Jerkministrator
Jul 12, 2004
Durham, NC
This website you both linked, I feel silly for not using. I tried a bunch of NC brews this weekend and can't remember them all now....

You should join it. Offhand I know aside from the both of us, both DaveG and justhereforthefights use it.

Tim Gleason got me hooked on Wild Irish Rose.

Fun fact - when thinkingcake, justhereforthefights, and I were working towards our plates at The Flying Saucer, we saw Tim Gleason and Tripp come in for a drink. I'm assuming in those days Timmy was drinking something a wee bit better than Wild Irish Rose ;-)

TheOllieC

cajun filet
Jul 12, 2013
Charlotte, NC
odouls_6_btl_5_1.gif

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
I go in stages. Red wine is my main drink and Brunello di Montalcinos and Super Tuscans are my absolute favorites, but too pricey to partake in very often. Cabernet's / Bordeux's (blends) are a close second and between California, South America and Australia, you can find some excellent ones very cheap. For "everyday" table wine, Syrah/Shiraz (and blends) are tough to beat for the price.

As for beer, right now my favorite two are:

1554_l.png

Porter_pair.jpg

But as the weather starts to get warmer, I tend to drift to something lighter.

Reactions: Roboturner913

garnetpalmetto

Jerkministrator
Jul 12, 2004
Durham, NC
I go in stages. Red wine is my main drink and Brunello di Montalcinos and Super Tuscans are my absolute favorites, but too pricey to partake in very often. Cabernet's / Bordeux's (blends) are a close second and between California, South America and Australia, you can find some excellent ones very cheap. For "everyday" table wine, Syrah/Shiraz (and blends) are tough to beat for the price.

As for beer, right now my favorite two are:

1554_l.png

Porter_pair.jpg

But as the weather starts to get warmer, I tend to drift to something lighter.

Give some of the NC wineries a try - not the super sweet crap that Duplin and others in the eastern part of the state push out - go up to Yadkinville. Vibe up there is a little bit like Napa prior to the Judgment of Paris. Some pretty good Barberas and there's a hybrid French-American red varietal calls Chambourcin that grows like wildfire up there.

Bub

I like griping
Jul 5, 2006
Maine
Anybody had a chance to try this yet? It's out in Massachusetts, but I haven't gotten down there to pick any up so far.
Spencer%20Trappist%20Ale.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad