OT: Whatcha Drinkin' II: Another Round!

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
Tin Man Ego Crusher

de3c07db47c132a597b875a39fac2a1a_320x320.jpg

12% ABV, goes down thick. Think Old Rasputin, but way heavier

$16 for a 4 pack. I don't know how easy it is to get outside of southern Indiana/western Ky but it's damn well worth it.

After this I have a sealed bottle of Elijah Craig barrel proof that's begging to be opened. Couple sips of that stuff and I won't be able to feel my face.

That thing sounds amazing!!

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
Hennessy VS

Captain Morgan Bold... I'm forever dissapointed in the lack of choices of rum available.

It's not that there aren't a lot of good rums it just seems like distribution is weird. I love Cruzan single barrel but it's near impossible to find where I live. I usually end up getting either Myers, Appleton Estate or Blackheart. Or Wray & Nephew, if I want to light something on fire.

As far as the cognac I just got a bottle of Remy Martin XO last night to put in the bar. I really want to try it but I don't feel like I can open a $100 bottle if it's not a special occasion.

nothingbutrum

Oct 24, 2014
vbookierehab
It's not that there aren't a lot of good rums it just seems like distribution is weird. I love Cruzan single barrel but it's near impossible to find where I live. I usually end up getting either Myers, Appleton Estate or Blackheart. Or Wray & Nephew, if I want to light something on fire.

As far as the cognac I just got a bottle of Remy Martin XO last night to put in the bar. I really want to try it but I don't feel like I can open a $100 bottle if it's not a special occasion.

Unfortunately, Cruzan didn't come up in any of my searches, but I respect a person who can keep any bottle unopened. Hennessey XO will be purchased New Year's eve for me.

nothingbutrum

Oct 24, 2014
vbookierehab
Two bottles of wine (they're fancy, from the vintage section, but all wines taste like fermented grape juice to me).

Lot No. 40 rye... Chose it over Maker's Mark and Pike Creek (the online reviews of whiskeys drive me nuts... Notes of fruitcake vs notes of dill pickle? Little girls, please).

It think this will be my summer of whiskey.

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
I certainly know what I am not drinking tonight, because

View attachment 90335

Lot No. 40 rye... Chose it over Maker's Mark and Pike Creek (the online reviews of whiskeys drive me nuts... Notes of fruitcake vs notes of dill pickle? Little girls, please).

I'm seeing an awful lot of new stuff coming out billed as single copper pot stilled. Must be trying to cash in on the moonshine craze. I don't think I've ever had a rye of that nature though.

Last edited:

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
There's a local small brewery here in Ft Collins named Horse and Dragon, kind of an off shoot from Odell's.

Sage adweiss.
Ft KÖlnz Kolsch.
Sad Panda coffee stout.
Vanilla Caramel Double Cream ale.

They don't really distribute other than some kegs to the local eateries, so you won't find them anywhere else but here yet which is a shame. I havent had a bad beer from them yet. If y'all are ever up this way I highly recommend.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad