What will You be Watching this Saturday?

Fallschirmyager

Jun 25, 2009
The Washington Redskins. DC's storied NFL franchise that was once a juggernaut and the price of this area. They've been... well, we'll call it "not good" for the past two decades.

The downward spiral began with the passing of Jack Kent Cook, got work with his son John and has had a nice bottomed out plateau with "The Danny" in the owners box.

OT: I plan on a 3 way game of ping pong. I'll be bouncing between the CAPS, the Skins and something else when the other two piss me off too much.

MW6

Oct 21, 2011
Halland
I'll be attending my first ever live Caps game against Montreal. Coming over from Sweden for the first time to spend the holidays in NY/DC. Can't even describe how excited I am!!
Me and my fiancé will be sporting Ovechkin jerseys (WC white and original red) in section 401. Might even buy the new alternate jersey with #92 on the back.

Caps Circle

Jan 19, 2015
Chantilly, VA
I'll be attending my first ever live Caps game against Montreal. Coming over from Sweden for the first time to spend the holidays in NY/DC. Can't even describe how excited I am!!
Me and my fiancé will be sporting Ovechkin jerseys (WC white and original red) in section 401. Might even buy the new alternate jersey with #92 on the back.

Awesome! Have fun! How long is your trip gonna be?

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com

NY and DC for the holidays that is awesome. Hope you have good times.

hockeyfan88

Dec 14, 2015

Oh man, watching the Caps live. The dream :handclap::handclap:

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
I'll watch both, but full time Skins once that game starts. The Skins will be playing for a Division title and a playoff birth in the 2nd to last regular season game. The Caps are 25-6-2 and playing in game number 30 something out of 82. Skins are the priority.

From what I heard, the Skins tend to choke in important games just like the Caps, must be a DC specialty...

The Skins have won 5 championships in their history. They have an overall championship record of 5-6, but that is still better than 0-1. ;)

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
:handclap:

By far the best Christmas movie. Christmas Eve tradition.

I disagree.

This movie is the best Christmas movie ever! :nod:

20tjsph.jpg

TNT 24-Hour marathon starts at 7pm and the TBS 24-Hour marathon starts at 8pm. :handclap:

MW6

Oct 21, 2011
Halland

Caps2Fan

Jan 6, 2014
Stupid meeting the girlfriend's parents. Will miss both games (don't really care about the Skins, not like they are gonna do anything in the playoffs, anyway).

I'm a bit partial to The Grinch as my favorite holiday movie, the Jim Carrey version :)

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...ng-saturday-that-hasnt-been-done-in-32-years/

Saturday offers the chance to close 2015 with another memorable, exceedingly rare D.C. Sports Trifecta, one that would include an NFC East title. The Wizards (at Brooklyn, 4 p.m.), Capitals (vs. Montreal, 7 p.m.) and Redskins (at Philadelphia, 8:25 p.m.) haven’t all played on the same day since Dec. 26, 2010, and only five times since 2000.

The last time the Redskins, Capitals and Wizards/Bullets all won on the same day was Dec. 17, 1983.
The trio hasn’t combined to repeat the feat — but the teams have managed to all lose on the same day four times in 20 opportunities since then. The closest they’ve come was two wins and a Capitals tie on Jan. 2, 1993.

No pressure to start us out right, Wiz.

PuckBuddy

Green for Selke
Jul 14, 2009
Seattle, WA
I'll be at my yearly Caps game on Saturday. In Sec 117 with the rest of my family, unless my sister follows through on her promise to wear her Bruins ****, then I'll be there with the rest of my family and one recently-disowned person.

Second vote for the best X-mass movie being Die Hard.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
Thanks Fellows! I'm staying until late New Year's Day. I'm thinking of heading out to Kettler on the 27th. Is it worth the trip? What's the availability of the players around morning skates etc?

I am going to Kettler tomorrow (and the Monty game 417 Row J) with my BIL and tyke to load up on shirts before heading to the game. Practice is at 10:15 so we will go then.

Player availability is generally good at Kettler, but you have to stalk the players. You often see fans waiting in the parking lot on the upper level; or can see players around the rink leaving the dressing room. Look for fans holding pens and the expensive cars in the lot. A lot of times you randomly run into someone you know - Locker or JoeB included. During rookie camps, you can see many players headed to the elevators headed down to the food court on the lower level.

It may well be worth it to go if making the trek from Sverige depending on how much of a hassle it is to get to Kettler. Make sure to check the practice schedule online - on the right hand side.

http://capitalstoday.monumentalnetwork.com/

As of now...

Saturday, Dec. 26
10:15 a.m.: Morning skate, Kettler Capitals Iceplex

7 p.m.: vs. Montreal Canadiens, Verizon Center
TV: CSN, CBC, NHLN, TVAS, CITY
Audio: 106.7 WJFK, Caps Radio 24/7, Caps Mobile App, WashingtonCaps.com

Sunday, Dec. 27
11:30 a.m.: Practice, Kettler Capitals Iceplex

Last edited:

MW6

Oct 21, 2011
Halland
I am going to Kettler tomorrow (and the Monty game 417 Row J) with my BIL and tyke to load up on shirts before heading to the game. Practice is at 10:15 so we will go then.

Player availability is generally good at Kettler, but you have to stalk the players. You often see fans waiting in the parking lot on the upper level; or can see players around the rink leaving the dressing room. Look for fans holding pens and the expensive cars in the lot. A lot of times you randomly run into someone you know - Locker or JoeB included. During rookie camps, you can see many players headed to the elevators headed down to the food court on the lower level.

It may well be worth it to go if making the trek from Sverige depending on how much of a hassle it is to get to Kettler. Make sure to check the practice schedule online - on the right hand side.

http://capitalstoday.monumentalnetwork.com/

As of now...

Saturday, Dec. 26
10:15 a.m.: Morning skate, Kettler Capitals Iceplex

7 p.m.: vs. Montreal Canadiens, Verizon Center
TV: CSN, CBC, NHLN, TVAS, CITY
Audio: 106.7 WJFK, Caps Radio 24/7, Caps Mobile App, WashingtonCaps.com

Sunday, Dec. 27
11:30 a.m.: Practice, Kettler Capitals Iceplex

Thanks! We've rented a car so might make the trip to Kettler omorrow. Would be fun to see them up close an personal. How many players usually skate the day after game day?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad