What will You be Watching this Saturday?

Caps Circle

Jan 19, 2015
Chantilly, VA
This Saturday, two big DC-sports games are being played. The Caps play Montreal in the second-meeting between the two EC division leaders, and the Redskins play the Eagles with the chance to clinch the division and a playoff berth.

What will YOU be watching mostly? I'm expecting most of you will be switching back and forth, but where will your focus be?

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
Neither, I will be on the beach on the remote island of Cuba trying to charm girls of my age :)
If I was still in Canada, I'd be watching the Caps game because I don't care about football or the Skins.

From what I heard, the Skins tend to choke in important games just like the Caps, must be a DC specialty...

Jun 15, 2007
DC sports teams in general suck. Probably only outsucked by Buffalo and Cleveland.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Well the Caps start at 7pm and the Skins don't start until 8:25pm. So all Caps for 2 periods then probably mostly Skins, depending on what's happening in the Caps game. Will be flipping back and forth in the 3rd.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
Caps!

Going to my first game of the year..... Section 417

If I were home, I would be watching the Skins on the big screen with so few games per year. And so few games per decade, with palyoff imps.

Blades of Steel

log off.
Dec 10, 2009
Virginia
Well the Caps start at 7pm and the Skins don't start until 8:25pm. So all Caps for 2 periods then probably mostly Skins, depending on what's happening in the Caps game. Will be flipping back and forth in the 3rd.

yeah.. flip back and forth depending on what's happening, won't be an issue.

should be a "both" option :)

Caps Circle

Jan 19, 2015
Chantilly, VA
I'm sure most of you will be watching both, as I stated in the OP. The questions is what you will be focusing most of your energy on, what you'll be excited all day for, what you'll gather all of your family members around the TV for, etc.

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
Skins have been banished to DVR land for years for me. Closest I'll come is DVR delay watching is generally 2 hours in.

When I saw this thread title my first thought WJHC games, heh. Debating getting up early.

msrulo

Feb 3, 2013
Toronto, ON
Neither, I will be on the beach on the remote island of Cuba trying to charm girls of my age :)
If I was still in Canada, I'd be watching the Caps game because I don't care about football or the Skins.

From what I heard, the Skins tend to choke in important games just like the Caps, must be a DC specialty...

cuban vacation is nice...

I'll be in the cold here, watching the highlights of the caps game... :amazed:

.. got shabbos on that day too but it ends at abouts 5:30 pm... plenty of time to finish my novel.

... and it's also leg and arm day for me in the gym.

Corby78

65 - 10 - 20
Jan 14, 2014
Ramstein Germany
Honestly still not excited about the skins. Winning the division because everyone sucks isn't exactly something I'm proud of. But whatever.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Skins. The Caps are going to murder the hapless Habs sans Price. I'm calling a 4 goal margin of victory. It'll be a snoozefest (but I'll be flipping it on during the commericals).

The Skins have a chance to clinch the division and make the play-offs for only the 4th time since 2000. DeSean Jackson back in Philly. A chance to wipe the smirk off of Chip Kelly's fat face. Can't wait.

Jedgi

Feb 12, 2008
Skins. The Caps are going to murder the hapless Habs sans Price. I'm calling a 4 goal margin of victory. It'll be a snoozefest (but I'll be flipping it on during the commericals).

The Skins have a chance to clinch the division and make the play-offs for only the 4th time since 2000. DeSean Jackson back in Philly. A chance to wipe the smirk off of Chip Kelly's fat face. Can't wait.

As a DC sports fan, how do you have nearly this much confidence about either of these games?

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Both. Man cave FTW. Focus will be on Caps early then all Skins until I'm crying tears of joy or tears of agony.

Devil Dancer

Jan 21, 2006
Sadly neither. I'll be on the road that day, coming back from the annual Christmas trip.

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
This Saturday, two big DC-sports games are being played. The Caps play Montreal in the second-meeting between the two EC division leaders, and the Redskins play the Eagles with the chance to clinch the division and a playoff berth.

What will YOU be watching mostly? I'm expecting most of you will be switching back and forth, but where will your focus be?

Hey the Bullets have a game at 4pm on saturday I demand they be added to the poll :sarcasm:.

6778125794_a56900211f_o.gif

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
As a DC sports fan, how do you have nearly this much confidence about either of these games?

Just a feeling. I'm normally one of the most pessimistic (i.e. realistic) sports fans out there, but for once, we're not the ones in turmoil. The Eagles are doing all of the talking -- saying the Redskins have "something coming to them," guaranteeing a victory, DeMarco Murray pouting about his carries -- and the Redskins are just going to work. All business. The Habs can't score and now the coach is blaming his goaltenders.

Knowing the history of DC sports, the Redskins will lose in crushing fashion, probably to a blown call or a turnover, and the Caps will come out sluggish and lose 3-2 while outshooting the Habs by a 2:1 margin but I'm going to enjoy this feeling while I have it.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00