What will You be Watching this Saturday?

Jun 15, 2007
I actually hope the Redskins lose. I'm not from DC so I don't care about them and I feel the way DC treats the Caps is shameful. Redskins worship despite 3 decades of suckage while the Caps are the afterthought.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
I actually hope the Redskins lose. I'm not from DC so I don't care about them and I feel the way DC treats the Caps is shameful. Redskins worship despite 3 decades of suckage while the Caps are the afterthought.

9j2hxn6.gif

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
I would be watching the Caps but for some reason xfinity and the NHL channel is showing Boston and not the Caps. Good reason not to renew after this season.

Ajax1995

Dec 9, 2002
I would be watching the Caps but for some reason xfinity and the NHL channel is showing Boston and not the Caps. Good reason not to renew after this season.

Try CSN-MA like usual.

The HNIC broadcast on NHL network is blacked out in the DC area.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
History made.

32 years. Some of you weren't even born. Enjoy it. Might be another 32 before it happens again.

hockeyfan88

Dec 14, 2015
History made.

32 years. Some of you weren't even born. Enjoy it. Might be another 32 before it happens again.

I think those days are gone. The three franchises are going in the right direction.

But it's DC though, so you never know. Maybe you are right!! :sarcasm:

SkinsFan09

Jun 10, 2009
Brooklyn

The Redskins have brought the city CHAMPIONSHIPS, you know, parades. Plus they've been here a lot longer and are an NFL team - they should be #1 in the city. The Capitals have a perfectly fine following.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
The Redskins have brought the city CHAMPIONSHIPS, you know, parades. Plus they've been here a lot longer and are an NFL team - they should be #1 in the city. The Capitals have a perfectly fine following.

And not to mention anything about the socioeconomic demographics in the DC area.

Also, is there any city/area in the United States where the football team isn't the #1 team? Pittsburgh, Philly, New York, San Francisco, Dallas, Boston, Minnesota, Florida... etc. All of those locals are heavily football > hockey. The NFL is king.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
And not to mention anything about the socioeconomic demographics in the DC area.

Also, is there any city/area in the United States where the football team isn't the #1 team? Pittsburgh, Philly, New York, San Francisco, Dallas, Boston, Minnesota, Florida... etc. All of those locals are heavily football > hockey. The NFL is king.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on...gger-tv-ratings-than-last-game-of-stanley-cup

Hall of Fame Game draws bigger TV ratings than Stanley Cup Final finale
By Sean Wagner-McGough | Staff Writer
August 10, 2015 2:09 pm ET

It was only the preseason, but the Hall of Fame Game, which opened the 2015 preseason on Sunday night, drew more than impressive TV ratings.

Not only did it post the highest overnight rating of any preseason game in nearly three years, but its overnight rating was also higher than many prominent and -- let's be honest -- more important sporting events that were played in the past 12 months.

The game drew a 6.9 overnight rating, even though Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger and Vikings running back Adrian Peterson (among many other stars) didn't even make on-field appearances.

As Pro Football Talk noted, that 6.9 rating is a higher overnight rating than Game 6 of the Stanley Cup Final, Game 1 of both the NBA Eastern and Western Conference finals, the Indy 500 and Game 1 of both the American League and National League Championship Series.

A meaningless NFL preseason game that's missing the tops stars gets higher ratings than the Cup finale. Not much more clear of a statement than that regarding which sport dominates America.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,447.00