What will Daniel Sprong's fate be after 9 games?

Burgs

Sep 10, 2005
Send him down. No point in wasting one of his ELC years on what is looking to be a dysfunctional team that won't win a playoff round. This team is badly coached and already has too many RWs. If Sprong stays beyond 9 games he'll be stuck in the bottom six, lose his PP time and confidence, and eventually will be sent back to juniors in December anyway.

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
Let him play in important games and win.

I dont want him being comfortable with losing and I want him to have a stars chip on his shoulder.

eXile59

Shirts on.
Jan 2, 2009
PA
I think you send him back and let him get the playing time. He's not going to get it here.

Zen Arcade

Bigger than Kiss
Sep 21, 2004
Pittsburgh
I agree with Burgs.

He'd likely be better served by going back down, the team is so poorly coached that he'll just get garbage ice time regardless of performance.

joeyjake5

Feb 23, 2014
If MJ thinks scuds is a great PKER and a calming influence on the rest of the D, then with that thinking in mind, DS will go back to juniors unless he scores at least 3 goals in the next 4 games.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Send him down. No point in wasting one of his ELC years on what is looking to be a dysfunctional team that won't win a playoff round. This team is badly coached and already has too many RWs. If Sprong stays beyond 9 games he'll be stuck in the bottom six, lose his PP time and confidence, and eventually will be sent back to juniors in December anyway.

Yeah. This pretty much nailed it.

He deserves to be in the NHL based on his talent and hard work. But this team doesn't seem like a good environment for him in a few different ways. And it's really hard to see a way that the scenario described above doesn't play out.

I realize health is never truly a thing with this team. But I don't think it'll much matter.

May 10, 2010
“We're here to win,” Rutherford said. “Whatever guys we can put together to give us the best possible chance to do that is what we're going to do. I already know ways of making room"

NewAgeOutlaw

Belie Dat!
Jul 15, 2011
412/724
The Pens will likely send him down which I feel is the wrong move. He's obviously good enough to play in the nhl full time and I feel like juniors won't really be a challange for him which could slow his development. On the other hand, if he stays he will likely be misused because the team is run by a bunch of idiots.

Penguinzilla*

Pascal Stonehands practiced today, there won't be room for Sprong.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
“We're here to win,†Rutherford said. “Whatever guys we can put together to give us the best possible chance to do that is what we're going to do. I already know ways of making room"

I'll believe it when I see it, and if that move isn't one of the 30+ $3M+ club then they can f*** off.

Pete Gas

Jul 10, 2012
Too much complaining from some people here, Maatta was kept up if Sprong continues to play well he will stay.

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
Sprong should absolutely be kept. Doesn't mean he will be

Dennis Reynolds

I have to have my tools!
Jun 10, 2011
Paddy's Pub
Too many people have advocated sending Sprong to juniors to "work on his defensive game," which is laughable. He'd be playing in the Q, not the OHL or WHL. If anything, the defensive game is the primary reason the Penguins SHOULDN'T send him down. The Q is a free-for-all. It's more likely that he'd develop bad habits than learn anything.

However, keeping him up is a tough call. If I were coach, he'd have been with eithre Sid or Geno this entire time, and would be given every opportunity to succeed. But with this staff, knowing how little he'd be playing if he stayed, I don't feel like keeping him would make any difference.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
Too many people have advocated sending Sprong to juniors to "work on his defensive game," which is laughable. He'd be playing in the Q, not the OHL or WHL. If anything, the defensive game is the primary reason the Penguins SHOULDN'T send him down. The Q is a free-for-all. It's more likely that he'd develop bad habits than learn anything.

However, keeping him up is a tough call. If I were coach, he'd have been with eithre Sid or Geno this entire time, and would be given every opportunity to succeed. But with this staff, knowing how little he'd be playing if he stayed, I don't feel like keeping him would make any difference.

So you would demote Kessel or Hornqvist?

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
The only way I could justify sending him back is if they do it with the premise of him learning how to be a left winger.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad