What will Daniel Sprong's fate be after 9 games?

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

DangleSprong

DekesFromAmsterdam
Oct 24, 2013
PEI
The kid has definitely made an impact in his time here and things seem to happen when he's on the ice. Personally I think he goes back to Juniors, If you keep him up now you are committing to keep him up. You could always send him down next year but that usually messes with a prospects development (Grigorenko). I just don't see the room for him with Dupuis, Bennett and Fehr returning.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sep 5, 2008
What his fate will be does not match what we should do with him.

He should stick, but he'll be sent down "just because."

He'll learn from some of the best players in the world here, he'll play against men and better competition here, he'll train better here, and he's already better than a handful of guys on this roster.

Pretty simple stuff, which is exactly why they're gonna f*** it up.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Should=/=will. They're going to send him back to the Q, it's painfully obvious that they're going to do that. They should keep him up, but they won't.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
I think he could benefit from putting together a dominant year in the Q, but it's clear he's already able to contribute at this level. His speed, tenacity, and skill has been obvious even in the bottom 6.

He deserves to stay. I hope he stays. He'll probably go.

Joejosh999

Mar 13, 2014
To be clear, my vote for Send him Down/not ready does NOT mean I think he should go down.

It only means this McIdiot organization will do so.

wheelz87

LGP
Jun 28, 2011
Pittsburgh
With the injury to Beau already, the staff already souring on Plots, Dupuis a question mark, Kunitz sucking.. he really SHOULD stay the year. And in a more prominent role than he is being given. But this is the Pens we're talking about here.

Al Smith

Apr 28, 2012
I actually think the Org will do the right thing and keep him. He's been one of their best forwards, and appears from the outside to be mature beyond his years. This is assuming he doesn't **** the bed in the next four games.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Lol he's made it this far. One can only assume

I wouldn't assume much with this pack of bozos.

To answer your question, he'll probably be sent back. But he's looked like a hell of a player... one of the team's best players. Not young players, not forwards... one of their best... period. But they won't keep him around and if they did, I have doubts on how he would be used, anyway.

DangleSprong

DekesFromAmsterdam
Oct 24, 2013
PEI
I wouldn't assume much with this pack of bozos.

To answer your question, he'll probably be sent back. But he's looked like a hell of a player... one of the team's best players. Not young players, not forwards... one of their best... period. But they won't keep him around and if they did, I have doubts on how he would be used, anyway.

Pens management not looked to favored upon around here?

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
My standard Pens prediction when it comes to this org making a sound decision:

7EvsT.gif

madinsomniac

Jul 3, 2012
Pittsburgh, Pa
They will keep him up then healthy scratch him by the quarter point of the season when Duper Bennett and Fehr are all healthy... that's the dumbest move so it shall be so

cygnus47

Sep 14, 2013
They haven't really given him an opportunity so I doubt he's in their plans for this year. Once Duper, Fehr and Beau are back there isn't really a place for him either.

Corvidae

May 5, 2009
Send him back, but not because he isn't ready. His development is best served away from this dumpster fire. They'll only ruin his confidence up here.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad