What trades or UFA signings do you think Stevie has up his sleeve?

FireBird71

Aug 6, 2015
I want Eichel. I'd love to wait and get Wright possibly next year but Eichel is a signed superstar C who's price may not ever be this low because of the injury concern.

2022 1st/Raymond
Bert
Hronek
Rasmussen
one of our your D prospects not named Seider or Edvinson
Hell no

Reactions: ShanahanMan

GreatGordie9

May 11, 2019
Victoria, BC
Stevie may look at some teams that are right up against the cap in making any additional trades. The Carolina trade was outright robbery whether he can do it again we will see.

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012
If Eichel was 100% healthy, that “ludicrous package” isn’t close to enough for him.

since he’s not and he’s got some very serious injury concerns, it’s too much.

In any case, not doing Raymond for Eichel is crazy unless you are certain he is irrevocably broken, in which case you wouldn’t trade a bag of pucks for him.

Coach Reggie Dunlop

Jun 9, 2021
Michigan
On the topic of werenski, I’d like to wait to make a move for him until after this year. Let’s wait and see how he comes back from his injury and how his relationship with columbus progresses. He is young enough they are not gonna want to move him, but after this year that could change.

Reactions: RayMoonDoh

Dotter

THE ATHLETIC IS GARBAGE
Jul 2, 2014
Imprisonment, TN
goo.gl
I hope for Suter @ $4.5/1yr or Martinez @ $4.75/2yr....I think both find contenders, or at least playoff teams.

Barring that, I hope a cap casualty Top6F & Top4 LD is available & cheap or w/sweetener (Ghost would've fit). Both preferably short term TDL bait.

Will settle for:

Merrill/Stall 1yr...either is likely if neither Suter/Martinez sign.

LGD 2yr/$2m. I could take it or go with Pearson/Ras/Namestnikov 4C.

I wanna see Veleno, Raymond, Berggren full time from Day 1.

rest of our UFA's can go, plz go.

Yes, but they don't need to play more than 40 games. Except Veleno.

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
Rookies coming from overseas don't need 82 games in the NHL. They need to dip their toe first.
Each one learns at a different rate, i.e., Selanne put up 132 in his Rookie Yr., a few years prior to the clutch & grab era.

If they show they can handle 80, keep 'em up. If they can't, they'll be in GR til they're lightly toasted.

MVPete96

Nov 12, 2011
Michigan
I want Eichel. I'd love to wait and get Wright possibly next year but Eichel is a signed superstar C who's price may not ever be this low because of the injury concern.

2022 1st/Raymond
Bert
Hronek
Rasmussen
one of our your D prospects not named Seider or Edvinson

I do this if it’s the first instead of Raymond. Feels like you probably don’t need to throw Ras in there but whatever. Eichel snd Larks 1-2 down the middle just like on team usa. Team would be set for the future imo. It’s the only missing piece

Pizza!Pizza!

Sep 25, 2018
trade dekeyser to oil at 50% retained for kassian . holland saves 2.5 and helps his 3rd pairing / d depth . we get a legit cop that can also skate and plays well around net
Kassian is garbage and cannot be called a 'legit cop' because he doesn't even stand up for himself, let alone McDavid. Would be better off just swapping him to EDM for draft picks.

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
My hope: none of the UFA's return. Let Berggren, Raymond, Pearson, Smith, Hirose, Turgeon, Svechnikov, Veleno, etc. compete for the measely three forward spots we need to fill. If we're going to sign a UFA, make it a legitimate top 6 player.

Considering the message from Yzerman is “we need to support our young roster players with better talent” the youth movement is my vote as well. You aren’t going to find anyone at a reasonable price point who is as talented as Berggren or Raymond. I already have Veleno written in permanent marker for the roster.

If we sign someone, I want it to be someone with legit talent. Not just anther placeholder

Reactions: jkutswings

NickH8

Jul 3, 2015
I’m not sure why people are against bringing Tatar back on a reasonable contract. He’s 30 and would be a solid bandaid in the top six until some of the prospects are ready. He’s also just a fun player to watch.
Especially if we trade Bertuzzi

better Red than Dead

Apr 23, 2021
I think the Wings should look to acquire Tyler Johnson from Tampa along with some picks and/or prospects, I doubt he’d waive his NTC for Detroit but I don’t think he has too many choices left.

better Red than Dead

Apr 23, 2021
I’m not sure why people are against bringing Tatar back on a reasonable contract. He’s 30 and would be a solid bandaid in the top six until some of the prospects are ready. He’s also just a fun player to watch.
It wouldn’t bother me much, but at first glance it seems like such a Ken Holland move.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad