Speculation: What to make of RyJo?

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
Briere said today Johansen says he's too injured to play

So he can't be bought out if that's true

That’s convenient since he was a regular for the Avs until the trade. Granted he was abysmal for them.

Was also placed on waivers (something you wouldn't be able to do with an injured player) and cleared. Look, I'm sure he's dealing with some things, they aren't serious enough to keep him from playing NHL games. Philly wanted nothing to do with him in the organization. Clear as day.

Last edited:

Nogatco Rd

Owner & Operator, HFBoards LLC
Apr 3, 2021
I feel robbed of a Lehigh Valley Phantoms/Hershey Bears matchup featuring Johansen & Kuznetsov as 1C’s

• Haha
Reactions: SnS

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Johansen's career is pretty much at a crossroads. He has one year left of an $8 mil per deal. I don't know if there is an NHL team even interested in taking him on at the moment. At 31 years old he's just a one way unmotivated individual and pretty much seen by almost everyone as a locker room cancer. FWIW he's had $62 mil of career earnings. If he somehow hasn't frittered most of that away he probably doesn't need to go on playing anyway and there's no reason for anyone here to feel sorry for him. As far as hockey he's made his bed but he's still probably rich as f***. Personally I don't know why anyone would care about him all that much at this point.

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in
Johansen's career is pretty much at a crossroads. He has one year left of an $8 mil per deal. I don't know if there is an NHL team even interested in taking him on at the moment. At 31 years old he's just a one way unmotivated individual and pretty much seen by almost everyone as a locker room cancer. FWIW he's had $62 mil of career earnings. If he somehow hasn't frittered most of that away he probably doesn't need to go on playing anyway and there's no reason for anyone here to feel sorry for him. As far as hockey he's made his bed but he's still probably rich as f***. Personally I don't know why anyone would care about him all that much at this point.

I’m honestly surprised he’s only 31.

Reactions: FlyguyOX

FlyguyOX

Jun 29, 2018
He’s gaming an injury, or playing up a minor one, so that the flyers can’t make him play in the AHL.

Big bitch move.

For a team who values doing so much for their players during and after their playing days, the flyers are sure getting boned by the player-end of the relationship lately. May be time to start flexing the muscles of the org a bit more

Last edited:
Reactions: SnS

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad