What to do about the second line?

Semantics

PUBLIC ENEMY #1
Jan 3, 2007
San Francisco
I wasn't really 'proposing' it, I just said that if we were going to change the lines, I'd probably try something dramatically different rather than resting my hopes on, say, bumping JVR to the second line or whatever.

Most coaches experiment with all kinds of different combinations when things aren't going well, and often even when they are. And then there's Randy. In a game like Saturday's, why *wouldn't* you just throw a bunch of random stuff at the wall and see if any of it sticks? Lupul-Santorelli-Kessel, JVR-Bozak-Clarkson, Komarov-Kadri-Panik. Just try something different for crying out loud.

We have a coach who doesn't even try to put players in a position to succeed, he just chooses a role for each of them and demands that the players succeed in spite of him. Has there ever been a more annoying coach in NHL history than this clown with his "it's your responsibility not mine" schtick? (I wonder what he thinks he was hired for if not to make the team play better.)

Durrr

Sep 11, 2012
Most coaches experiment with all kinds of different combinations when things aren't going well, and often even when they are. And then there's Randy. In a game like Saturday's, why *wouldn't* you just throw a bunch of random stuff at the wall and see if any of it sticks? Lupul-Santorelli-Kessel, JVR-Bozak-Clarkson, Komarov-Kadri-Panik. Just try something different for crying out loud.

We have a coach who doesn't even try to put players in a position to succeed, he just chooses a role for each of them and demands that the players succeed in spite of him. Has there ever been a more annoying coach in NHL history than this clown with his "it's your responsibility not mine" schtick? (I wonder what he thinks he was hired for if not to make the team play better.)

How can everyone not see this? Randy refuses to change anything even though 80% of the team is not functioning well. The lineups should be unrecognizable for this upcoming buffallo game.

Semantics

PUBLIC ENEMY #1
Jan 3, 2007
San Francisco
Winnik has been underrated this year. He's good defensively. He's great along the boards and he'll get the puck to Kadri/JVR who had chemistry in the preseason.

Winnik is a fantastic player on the boards who helps immensely with possession, but that line is having problems finishing right now and Winnik has never shown any offensive production in his career. They could use someone with a modest level of puck skill and slot presence like Kulemin used to bring.

Booth might be a better fit than Winnik, since he's shown an ability to score in the past. He'd have to play his off wing though or Lupul would have to switch to RW.

TheVision

Sep 18, 2011
How can everyone not see this? Randy refuses to change anything even though 80% of the team is not functioning well. The lineups should be unrecognizable for this upcoming buffallo game.

perhaps that's what some of us are saying about fans who hold Carlyle accountable for everything wrong with the team!

Can you not see that the players have work ethic and commitment issues? Would it matter where some of them played? Doubt it. You think Babcock wouldn't come in, try to set up a system and hope his players at least tried to play within it? Carlyle certainly isn't perfect, but wake up already...the core of this team makes the Muskoka 5 seem tame!

Dirty Dan

Saturday Night Lupul
May 5, 2010
in ur crease
Kessel needs someone to pass to off the rush - LUPUL

Kadri needs some strong wingers who can score around the net-JVR,Clarkson

Only issue is that the first line still generates no pluses due to bad d, and clarkson hasn't proven to be a great possession driver even on his 3rd line

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad