What Stage of Grief and Loss Are You In?

plock

Sonic Reducer
Oct 5, 2013
Mill City
Life is far to short to let something like losing a playoff round bring you down for more than a few hours,at most.Personally while I was slightly disappointed for the half hour after the end ,I certainly would not consider that grieving.

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
Not intending to stir the pot or anything, but the Jets board definitely needs this thread. 82 times a season. Stealing your idea right now.

I hope you're prepared to pay the HFWild threadsharing fee*

* - terms of the agreement TBD. We'll bill you.

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
Game 1: Denial

Game 2: Anger

Game 3: Depression

Game 4: Acceptance

Game 5:

wV1eWS7.gif

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
I'm in the stage where I know Minnesota will win a Stanley Cup sometime in their existence. Just prepared to enjoy the ride until that happens. Also looking forward to liking two teams when Wisconsin finally gets a team. That'll be really awkward :laugh:
I don't know if it will ever happen. There's never been a push for it there like there has in several other potential locations.

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
I'm still wallowing. I think the Finns are all depressed, drunk and won't come out of their saunas(profiling here)...either that or they're like you and are over it. Haven't heard from them for a while.

Still in a sauna. Running out of beer. Please send help (or more beer).

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I haven't watched hockey or even followed the second round at all since the Wild lost. Is that depression? Acceptance? What stage is indifference to the entire institution of hockey?

Wabit

May 23, 2016
I haven't watched hockey or even followed the second round at all since the Wild lost. Is that depression? Acceptance? What stage is indifference to the entire institution of hockey?

I'm like that for all pro sports, when my team is done I quit watching. I am enjoying the IIHFs right now.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I'm like that for all pro sports, when my team is done I quit watching. I am enjoying the IIHFs right now.

I usually enjoy and still watch the NHL playoffs after the Wild are out, but I just don't care anymore this year.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
I'm a Minnesota sports fan. I'm in acceptance before the game even starts.

I grew up as a WI sports fan in the mid-80's and 90's. Badgers (FB/BB), Packers, Brewers, and Bucks were all dreadful. Winning was just a bonus back then.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
And the era ended in Super Bowl Champs.

And a Rose Bowl win for the Badgers; which was awesome because my HS got to play at the Badgers BB games as the pep band.

Holmgren/Wolfe (Packers) and Alverez (Badgers) really changed the landscape in WI sports.

The Brewers not resigning Molitor was probably the most POed I've even been as a sports fan. Being a dumb teenage boy at the time probably had something to do with it. :banghead:

Wabit

May 23, 2016
And we've never made a finals in my lifetime. But I was born 9 months after the last Twins world series, so take that for what you will.

9 mo after the Twins winning, hmmm. :naughty:

The worst was NBA. Jordan and the Bulls compared to the Bucks might as well have been the Globetrotters vs Generals.

The 80's Bears just killing GB year after year, Payton was amazing to watch.

So if you go back a few decades MN and WI sports are very similar. 70's Vikings "purple people eaters" was what I had to grow up listening about.

FVM

This does not please me.
Jan 26, 2010
Vantaa, Finland
I'm still wallowing. I think the Finns are all depressed, drunk and won't come out of their saunas(profiling here)...either that or they're like you and are over it. Haven't heard from them for a while.

WHAT? I CAN'T HEAR YOU FROM THE SPLASHING OF WATER ON HOT STONES!

I'm depressed and moving on. I've watched some highlights of the playoff games but I'm pretty much over NHL hockey right now. Summer is coming and it's the disc golf season. Bring it on!

NotYou

Sep 21, 2014
I was mildly annoyed after we lost. About 10 minutes later I was fine.

After the 2009 NFC Championship Game I promised myself that I would never let a sports team affect my mood long term again.

Thought I posted this until I triple checked the username

Loopy0ne

ugg
Jul 4, 2011
Bargaining: planning on using a time machine to bargain with Fletcher to get him to leave well enough alone at the trade deadline.

Anger: watching how wide open the entire playoffs are, on both sides. Thinking about how this season's good wild team had a chance against anybody that remains.

Acceptance: knowing that this is still a Minnesota sports team. :(

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad