What Stage of Grief and Loss Are You In?

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I'm sitting alone in my room. Still can't believe that the Wild lost. Very Angry and Depressed. Would give anything to feel differently. Oh, well, tomorrow's a new day!

keppel146

Jun 4, 2010
MinneSOta
I'm over it, bring on 2017-18. Just do better. TBH the Caps are suffering and the Leafs already lost so I might as well start cheering for Nashville. I'd rather watch GOT for a 2nd time than NHL hockey.

grN1g

Nov 11, 2009
Minnesota
I was already accepting what was more than likely going to be the wild's fate after the first two games. I could just see how it was going to end and well it pretty much did end that way.

We were good but we are still lacking something, and to be honest I believe the team and the locker room just needs a new and fresh start. You hear some of the player interviews after the season's over these last few years and alot of the stuff is repeated.. "how many years of the same result???" "we are sick of it..." etc... these guys cant shake the mindset and the results we have been getting for 5 years now, and somehow we need to fix that.

Idk, maybe moving on from Koivu and swapping the C would be able to fix that but it just seems pretty clear the guys that have been here for years now have settled into the mindset that this group just cant seem to find a way to be the best and get far.

Last edited:

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I'm still wallowing. I think the Finns are all depressed, drunk and won't come out of their saunas(profiling here)...either that or they're like you and are over it. Haven't heard from them for a while.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
I was under the acceptance category after Game 3. No reason to rage at this point for two reasons: 1.) Minnesota sports and 2.) It's out of our control.

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
I was mildly annoyed after we lost. About 10 minutes later I was fine.

After the 2009 NFC Championship Game I promised myself that I would never let a sports team affect my mood long term again.

Nharris31

Aug 9, 2013
I was fine I accept that it's possible for a goalie to steal a series and you have no control over it. Just think how Blues,Caps and Sharks fans have felt all these years.

Vashanesh

Nope.
Jan 29, 2010
Minnesota
I had actually reached acceptance before we even played game 5. Who has time to grieve?

That's about where I was at. As soon as I saw how game 1 went, I began the process of giving up.

Where I'm stuck now, is that I'm debating on whether or not I have any faith that this team will ever take the next step with this core. Koivu, Parise, Staal. Two out of three are coming off what could very well be their best season for the rest of their careers. Parise's injury history, Koivu's late-season disappearing acts. The fact that we don't have anyone ready to replace any of them (except maybe Parise?)... It's not terribly reassuring. Especially with the amount of money tied up in Parise.

At least Suter has been worth every penny (and probably half of Parise's pennies). And he still has plenty of time left before he starts to see a measurable decline.

keppel146

Jun 4, 2010
MinneSOta
I was fine I accept that it's possible for a goalie to steal a series and you have no control over it. Just think how Blues,Caps and Sharks fans have felt all these years.

I think the Caps are just cursed. one of the best teams every single year since what, '07 or '08?

Nharris31

Aug 9, 2013
I think the Caps are just cursed. one of the best teams every single year since what, '07 or '08?

Yep and people complain about the Wild in the playoffs despite being here shorter and not having great regular seasons until last year. It's really not as bad when you look at the whole league instead of just the Wild.

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota
I was mildly annoyed after we lost. About 10 minutes later I was fine.

After the 2009 NFC Championship Game I promised myself that I would never let a sports team affect my mood long term again.

977soqw.gif

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
i cant get over being disappointed , 2/3rds of the season we looked like contenders. why , why , why just once can we win a cup. i stopped wearing my wild hat for 2 weeks but im wearing it again.

HollaHaula

Cynical Wild fan
Jul 28, 2015
Why isn't there an option for "happy?" I really feel like this team is going to need to undergo major changes (*cough* forward group *cough*) before we are legit contenders. I fear that Fletcher is just going to stay put this offseason and waste another year of our time.

Saga of the Elk

Honoured Person
May 31, 2008
To draw the metaphor out further, the expansion draft is like being hit with an estate tax. Possible overspending on some declining vet is like having a weird step-parent move into your house. The lack of draft picks makes it feel like we're trapped on the wrong side of reality like in Poltergeist.

Oh well, I still enjoy following hockey. Hopefully with a summer full of fishing and swimming and drinking by a fire in between today and the fall camps.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Goalies playing out of their minds happens. Not much you can do about it when it happens. I've long since accepted.

Hell, the series seems ages ago already... The off-season is so damn long!

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
Not intending to stir the pot or anything, but the Jets board definitely needs this thread. 82 times a season. Stealing your idea right now.

123TripleDoge

Nov 24, 2014
Close to acceptance. I thought things would finally fall into place and we'd actually have a shot at it. I would've guessed a loss to the Pens in the Finals. As soon as we drew the Blues, I couldn't shake the feeling that Yeo would end our season, it was just too perfect. I do enjoy watching Nashville stomp them though.

I don't think there's any way we can ice a better team than last year, and they got beat first round, so it's kind of killing any hype I would have for next season.

TwiztedHeat

Feb 6, 2010
Oh I was intensely angry when we lost. I was still angry watching NSH beat STL in game 4 but I've finally crossed over my anger.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
I'm in the stage where I know Minnesota will win a Stanley Cup sometime in their existence. Just prepared to enjoy the ride until that happens. Also looking forward to liking two teams when Wisconsin finally gets a team. That'll be really awkward :laugh:

Sharppi

4 more years of Dub.
Jul 15, 2011
Finland
Acceptance. Things are what they are, this wasn't our year. Lets see what we can do next year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad