What Stage of Grief and Loss Are You In?

Dickie Dunn

Jan 4, 2016
Minneapolis
I was mildly annoyed after we lost. About 10 minutes later I was fine.

After the 2009 NFC Championship Game I promised myself that I would never let a sports team affect my mood long term again.

Pretty much this. Well said.

Edit to add: and I have pretty much accepted that this current group is limited. Fun to watch but limited. Not sure we will ever know why but there is "something" missing.

Last edited:

Nharris31

Aug 9, 2013
Pretty much this. Well said.

Edit to add: and I have pretty much accepted this this current group is limited. Fun to watch but limited. Not sure we will ever know why but there is "something" missing.

You could say this about every team in the NHL that doesn't win the cup.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Yeah, but losing in 5 games in the first round, with the veterans we have on this team and the regular season we had is pretty damn underwhelming.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
So, it seems that we are a pretty accepting, forgiving bunch, except for a few maladjusted, bitter souls like me.

On a positive note, Newcastle finished first and is going up next year, while Sunderland is going down. It's hard to get better than that.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
Hey, just realized I'm over it!

I am, however, very anxious about the ED, and it's potential to screw up the team.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Hey, just realized I'm over it!

I am, however, very anxious about the ED, and it's potential to screw up the team.

I just reentered one of the stages. Does drunken anger counts as a stage?

I think the Wild could have done better than Nashville did against the Pens. Last year's team matches up really well against them on paper. :cry:

Wabit

May 23, 2016
And if there's anything a Minnesota team can do is, it's look good on paper.

I disagree. The last MN team (for any pro sport) that looked good on paper Harding was the goalie for the Wild.

The Twins and Wolves haven't really looked good for awhile.

The Vikings haven't looked more than a fringe Playoff team since Farve was the QB. Bridgewater was always a big question mark for me.

Gopher hockey (both genders) does look good on paper almost yearly.

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
maybe its just the beer goggles (or whiskey in my case) but when we were playing our best we could have beaten either nashville or pens. so bottom line im still unhappy about the end of the season that could have been.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
I disagree. The last MN team (for any pro sport) that looked good on paper Harding was the goalie for the Wild.

The Twins and Wolves haven't really looked good for awhile.

The Vikings haven't looked more than a fringe Playoff team since Farve was the QB. Bridgewater was always a big question mark for me.

Gopher hockey (both genders) does look good on paper almost yearly.

Who is Farve?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad