What should Dorion do?

What should Dorion do?

• Take a gamble on a big move that helps us for right now/next season

• Wait until our team gets healthy and see how Chabot, Brown or white can contrbute?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
Just wait until everyone is healthy and inject the young 3 into the lineup.

White is the player I'd be most willing to move if something had to be done

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
Be patient. At this point it's better to wait until the trade deadline before making big moves.

The real time to address the holes on D and F were in the off-season, and we would get fleeced trying to make a deal before Christmas.

Reactions: Benjamin and Cosmix

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
The good news is that we got some stuff coming out way in the pipeline;

I hear we might get a bluechip two way forward prospect in the next week or so, maybe he'll crack the team. In about 3 or 4 weeks, I suspect we'll find ourselves with another top 6 RW with size and great hands. With any luck, a 1b center should be coming our way as early as next game.

Reactions: Cosmix

Duncstar

Sep 1, 2017
Ottawa
Our D is fine. We had one sloppy night. The old trap game.

Anyways... we're fine, players will be coming back, and a trade will still be happening. Soon or deadline... Hmm.

Yes to trading Colin White.

Reactions: MarkStone

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
I doubt PD does anything at the moment, the team is still in 2nd place in their division & there is no pressure to do anything given they have at least 3 top players out with injuries. Turris should be back by the end of the week & Ryan hopefully sooner rather than later. I'm not sure White will be in any position to help this team win & IMO will likely start in Belleville for a while.

Having said that though, PD has the assets & could make a deal at anytime to bring in a top six forward but IMO I think he waits almost to the deadline or until the right deal comes along for a price he is willing to pay. I don't think he makes any more deals for bottom six forwards like he did last yr since I think they have plenty of bottom six depth but they do need top six help unless Mac suddenly becomes healthy again & comes back. I'm a proponent of bringing in a big tough forward who can skate & score like a Landeskog, Simmons, Neal or Van Reimsdyke.

I would trade for Landeskog right now & look to make a deal for Neal at the deadline, if they can afford it.

Reactions: Cosmix

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
WOW ....... only the second game this season, that the Sens have failed to gain a point.

They're currently sitting in second place in their division, and the leafs are out in California playing three games in four nights (1 - 1 Sharks just scored).

There is no need to make any moves until such time they get all their players back from the injury list, and see how the team plays.

Why would anyone suggest trading Colin White?? He's played a grand total of 2 games (last season) for the Senators ......... its' way to early to cut bait on him.

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
Be patient. At this point it's better to wait until the trade deadline before making big moves.

The real time to address the holes on D and F were in the off-season, and we would get fleeced trying to make a deal before Christmas.
Waiting until the trade deadline would be too late and could inflate the price as well. Now's the time to make a move because some teams management might be desperate to improve because their jobs could be on the line.

Reactions: MarkStone

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
WOW ....... only the second game this season, that the Sens have failed to gain a point.

They're currently sitting in second place in their division, and the leafs are out in California playing three games in four nights (1 - 1 Sharks just scored).

There is no need to make any moves until such time they get all their players back from the injury list, and see how the team plays.

Why would anyone suggest trading Colin White?? He's played a grand total of 2 games (last season) for the Senators ......... its' way to early to cut bait on him.
So you voted to wait?

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
Waiting until the trade deadline would be too late and could inflate the price as well. Now's the time to make a move because some teams management might be desperate to improve because their jobs could be on the line.

It's like you said in the poll, we can wait until at least Turris is back, and then Ryan and White, before we make panic moves. Not like we're sitting at the bottom of the standings, so this gives us the luxury of being patient.

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
It's like you said in the poll, we can wait until at least Turris is back, and then Ryan and White, before we make panic moves. Not like we're sitting at the bottom of the standings, so this gives us the luxury of being patient.
Why is it a panic move trying to improve your roster? I don't think this team is built to win a cup. They are built to make the playoffs and probably win a round.

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Why is it a panic move trying to improve your roster? I don't think this team is built to win a cup. They are built to make the playoffs and probably win a round.

12 games into a season. 100% a panic move.

saskriders

Can't Hold Leads
Sep 11, 2010
Calgary

Not to invoke panic mode, but one could argue we have more points than we should. We have lost how many leads? We got lucky to win against Philly. We have let by a fair number of goals too often.

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
So you voted to wait?

I choose not to panic every time the Sens lose a game.

Let's wait and see how the team plays once everyone gets back from their injuries or sickness.

Making a desperation trade, 12 games into the season always ends up with overpaying for a player that you may already have in your farm system.

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
Not to invoke panic mode, but one could argue we have more points than we should. We have lost how many leads? We got lucky to win against Philly. We have let by a fair number of goals too often.

But one could argue that ALL teams, over the course of an 82 game season will surrender leads in games, and get points that they don't always deserve ........ and yet the Senators currently sit comfortably in a playoff position, not a position desperation in my opinion.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
But one could argue that ALL teams, over the course of an 82 game season will surrender leads in games, and get points that they don't always deserve ........ and yet the Senators currently sit comfortably in a playoff position, not a position desperation in my opinion.

Yes, over an 82 game season it's bound to happen time to time.

It happens way to often with the Sens. How many times has it happened through the first dozen games?

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Just wait until everyone is healthy and inject the young 3 into the lineup.

White is the player I'd be most willing to move if something had to be done

Our D is fine. We had one sloppy night. The old trap game.

Anyways... we're fine, players will be coming back, and a trade will still be happening. Soon or deadline... Hmm.

Yes to trading Colin White.

I don't get why anyone would want to trade White right now. We have no idea what this kid could be at the NHL level.

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
Yes, over an 82 game season it's bound to happen time to time.

It happens way to often with the Sens. How many times has it happened through the first dozen games?

Have you looked at the Standings?

Ottawa is doing pretty well for a team that has been dealing with a number of key players out of their line up, since the beginning of the season .............. Karlsson has missed games, Turris, White, Ryan and others ........ why do some people want to panic, and make moves before the Senators even have their full roster in place for an extended number of games????

Zorf

Apparently I'm entitled?
Jan 4, 2008
I'm really curious to see what White can do before we go ahead offer him up to anyone who wants him.

I think there's a reason that Dorion has refused to trade the kid, and I'd like to see what that is.

If anything is to be done, I think I'd like to see them find a LW replacement for MacArthur, but like heck if I know what the Sens should pay to get one, and on top of that, who is a realistic player to target.

Here I Pageau Again

Jul 4, 2012
I'm generally of the thought that we don't freak out unless there are issues with the standings. Last year I always said I'm not worrying until we are no longer in 2nd place... This year I'll say the same thing.

Yes, we likely need to improve on our roster. Yes, the last game was awful (the last few weren't pretty). But I'm not sure panicking and overpaying for something is the best idea when we are still picking up points and sitting in a good position (at least in my opinion) and have some pretty exciting prospects.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad