What should Dorion do?

What should Dorion do?

• Take a gamble on a big move that helps us for right now/next season

• Wait until our team gets healthy and see how Chabot, Brown or white can contrbute?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
Anyone think the poor attendance is effecting the team's performance on home ice? A friend of mine had suggested it last night whilst we were at the Bell Centr...err the CTC lol, I don't have a firm opinion yet on it but it was an interesting talking point I thought that could perhaps have a tiny bit of merit?

tsk tsk, no one wants do discuss the crappy attendance and support at the CTC. They already closed down a thread on a very serious ongoing newsworthy issue because the moderator and his friends didn't agree with it.

Yeah, I was there last night, and it was not a good atmosphere. Lousy on both sides as Habs fans pale in comparison to the rabid "support your team no matter what" mantra of the Leafs fans who always, always show up. 2300+ empty seats doesn't help for sure.

No need to panic at the moment, as they were filming "Space Jam : NHL Edition" and Karlsson was just acting for the movie. That game is one to just throw away. If they had better luck they would have three extra wins, without blowing leads and their stats would be the talking point of the NHL. Such as it is, October is in the books and we are in a good spot right now. Let's reboot and you know they will come out inspired Thursday, and I bet Karlsson is out of the lineup.

Viletho

Jan 20, 2015
and absolutely no reason to panic.
I don't think panicking is needed but we need to realistically look at what is happening.

3-0-2 first 5 games (Before EK)
2-2-3 last 7 games (Since EK)

Basically, we lost 5 of our last 7 games and some of them... we had leads the shouldn't be blownout. The positive is that we are getting points. But we are allowing way too much goals for a defence first team, and bad goals because the structured and discipline of the team is lacking overall.

Last 7 games
Van : 3 goals
NJD: 5 goals ( OT )
TOR : 3 goals
LAK ( 2 goals) SO lost 3-2
PHI : 4 goals
NJD : 4 goals
MTL : 8 goals.

We have allowed 3 goals or more everygame excepted the Kings game.

Yes, we don't have some of our top 6, but we aren't having difficulty scoring goals, we have difficulty to stop being scored on. The goalies aren't good enough. The team structured isn't good enough. Ek is on some sort of adventure where he is super agressive offensively just to coast 2 sec later defensively, etc, etc.

That team need to play a very good defensive game next game. It's fun to score a lot of goal, it is entertaining they say.. But i'm not entertain if we also allowed the same amount we score..

I want ''boring'' Sens next game. Trap them to death.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
I can't remember the last game we didn't significantly shorten the bench. imo, nobody should be on the roster if they're going to play less than 10 mins a night,

Wideman has 4 games under 10 mins, Boro has 2, almost all the young callups have averaged less than 10. We're wearing our guys out early in the season and it's going to bit us in the rear if it hasn't already started to.

Reactions: bert

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
I can't remember the last game we didn't significantly shorten the bench. imo, nobody should be on the roster if they're going to play less than 10 mins a night,

Wideman has 4 games under 10 mins, Boro has 2, almost all the young callups have averaged less than 10. We're wearing our guys out early in the season and it's going to bit us in the rear if it hasn't already started to.
Reminds me of Paddock over-using the Pizza Line before they stopped producing. Then he got fired.

operasen

Apr 27, 2004
Ryan - Brassard - Stone
Hoffman - Draisaitl (Turris) - Dzingel (Neal)
Smith - Pageau - White
DiDomenico - Thompson - Pyatt

Turris and Ceci for Draisaitl
Dzingel, Hammond, 2018 1st, 2019 4th for Neal; add McCormick/Gagne prospect if need to

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Reminds me of Paddock over-using the Pizza Line before they stopped producing. Then he got fired.
Not quite as bad, as he spreads the icetime around, just excludes a guy or two every game. We're getting production from a lot of lines, so that's good.

Back in Black

All Sports would be great if they were Hockey
Jan 30, 2012
In the Penalty Box
I love Oduya's effort, but I think the experiment should be over soon, as the stop gap for Chabot or whomever. He doesn't look NHL caliber anymore. :(

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
I love Oduya's effort, but I think the experiment should be over soon, as the stop gap for Chabot or whomever. He doesn't look NHL caliber anymore. :(

I don't know about not NHL caliber, but certainly not an ideal fit for the top pair while Karlsson happens to be struggling with finding his game after missing the offseason to ankle surgery.

I'd put Oduya with Wideman and slide Claesson up with Karlsson. Chabot, when deemed ready, could take Wideman's spot or we could go 11-7 depending on our forward situation. Long term, I'd like to try Chabot with Ceci.

Reactions: MarkStone

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
I don't know about not NHL caliber, but certainly not an ideal fit for the top pair while Karlsson happens to be struggling with finding his game after missing the offseason to ankle surgery.

I'd put Oduya with Wideman and slide Claesson up with Karlsson. Chabot, when deemed ready, could take Wideman's spot or we could go 11-7 depending on our forward situation. Long term, I'd like to try Chabot with Ceci.
I kind of agree but I don't think people should be blaming Oduya because Karlsson stunk last night, people should blame Karlsson. On several occassions last night it was Karlsson's mistakes which put Oduya in a tough spot. IMO the long term solution I like the best would be Englund with Karlsson, Chabot with Ceci & Harpur with Jaros which we may not see for at least another few yrs.

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
I don't think panicking is needed but we need to realistically look at what is happening.

3-0-2 first 5 games (Before EK)
2-2-3 last 7 games (Since EK)

Basically, we lost 5 of our last 7 games and some of them... we had leads the shouldn't be blownout. The positive is that we are getting points. But we are allowing way too much goals for a defence first team, and bad goals because the structured and discipline of the team is lacking overall.

Last 7 games
Van : 3 goals
NJD: 5 goals ( OT )
TOR : 3 goals
LAK ( 2 goals) SO lost 3-2
PHI : 4 goals
NJD : 4 goals
MTL : 8 goals.

We have allowed 3 goals or more everygame excepted the Kings game.

Yes, we don't have some of our top 6, but we aren't having difficulty scoring goals, we have difficulty to stop being scored on. The goalies aren't good enough. The team structured isn't good enough. Ek is on some sort of adventure where he is super agressive offensively just to coast 2 sec later defensively, etc, etc.

That team need to play a very good defensive game next game. It's fun to score a lot of goal, it is entertaining they say.. But i'm not entertain if we also allowed the same amount we score..

I want ''boring'' Sens next game. Trap them to death.

and what is Anderson's save percentage over that stretch.

the only cause for concern with this team imo is goaltending

but I've been concerned about goaltending for a few years

Reactions: aragorn

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
Turris out wiht a mysterious flu, Dorion scouting in brooklyn? Clearly a Taveras trade is imminent
giphy.gif

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Wait for a Star player to be on the market. Like a legit star player. One like Seguin/Drouin calibre. Someone like Tavares.

We have the prospects and wiggle room to make it work. All we need to do is wait then absolutely pounce.

MarkStone

Frankie Fryer
Mar 12, 2016
I kind of agree but I don't think people should be blaming Oduya because Karlsson stunk last night, people should blame Karlsson. On several occassions last night it was Karlsson's mistakes which put Oduya in a tough spot. IMO the long term solution I like the best would be Englund with Karlsson, Chabot with Ceci & Harpur with Jaros which we may not see for at least another few yrs.

That is counting on an awful lot of prospects to pan out and reach their potential. I don't see a 6 man d-core of homegrown players happening.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
12 games in and some inconsistent play.
The team has actually been incredibly consistent. They have tons if injuries and have played very very well. I am not sure what your expectations are but they certainly aren't realistic. They had one bad game who cares they play 70 more.

A big risk would be idiotic a depth move would be wise for the time being with the injuries.

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
Just wait until everyone is healthy and inject the young 3 into the lineup.

White is the player I'd be most willing to move if something had to be done

I hope your opinion on White has changed. He really stood out, to me, over the past few games he played for Ottawa.

BTW it looks like he's back up with Ottawa, and should play in Carolina.

Erik Burgdoerfer (D)BellevilleDELRecalled from loan by Ottawa (NHL)
Chris DiDomenico (C)BellevilleDELRecalled from loan by Ottawa (NHL)
Colin White (C)BellevilleDELRecalled from loan by Ottawa (NHL)
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad