What should be the NHL's new marketing slogan...

Status
Not open for further replies.

joepeps

Jan 2, 2004
Toronto
Visit site
sveiglar said:
"Two More Weeks"

You took mine...

"NHL, maybe next week? :dunno: "

"NHL, The Bob and Gary Show" :shakehead

"NHL, expanding to Antartica" :biglaugh:

and for real

Nike

First they show thier bring it back comericials

then

"NHL, our prairs were answered"

Timmy

Feb 2, 2005
Have the owners and players link arms and, like the weepy old coke commercials, sing, with Dennis Leary leading, "I'm an a******."

Riggs

Apr 6, 2004
Pittsburgh
The NHL
"Instant hockey. . . Just add money!
This slogan has not been taken out of context and has been approved by the NHLPA"

Shawnski

Jan 8, 2004
"The NHL, it really is better than seniors lawnbowling. Really... it is... seriously.... stop laughing."

"The real red light district... now with less hooking."

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
They could run a commercial on NBC.

Have, say, Mario Lemieux or Joe Sakic (or someone else vaguely recognizable in the States), walking on a sidewalk in the middle of winter (heavy blowing snow). He stops by a lightpole, takes a look at a sheet on the pole, and rips it off. Camera zooms in to the sheet: "Looking for work?"

An old guy comes out of a door from what appears to be a small shop and asks "Need a job?"

Player smiles. "Sure, why not?"

Old guy opens the door revealing a massive arena and thousands of cheering fans. "Welcome back."

A WHOLE NEW GAME (or whatever slogan) appears on a black screen. Fade back to arena.

Player throws the crumpled sheet on the floor and begins to walk to the ice surface, with his back to the viewer. As he walks away, he looks back at the old man and asks with a smirk, "Wait... how much do I get paid?"

The old man shakes his head. End with cheesy music.

Timmy

Feb 2, 2005
Cloned said:
They could run a commercial on NBC.

Have, say, Mario Lemieux or Joe Sakic (or someone else vaguely recognizable in the States), walking on a sidewalk in the middle of winter (heavy blowing snow). He stops by a lightpole, takes a look at a sheet on the pole, and rips it off. Camera zooms in to the sheet: "Looking for work?"

An old guy comes out of a door from what appears to be a small shop and asks "Need a job?"

Player smiles. "Sure, why not?"

Old guy opens the door revealing a massive arena and thousands of cheering fans. "Welcome back."

A WHOLE NEW GAME (or whatever slogan) appears on a black screen. Fade back to arena.

Player throws the crumpled sheet on the floor and begins to walk to the ice surface, with his back to the viewer. As he walks away, he looks back at the old man and asks with a smirk, "Wait... how much do I get paid?"

The old man shakes his head. End with cheesy music.

Revisionist piece of pro-owner fluff.

It should have the player immediately being bound and shackled, to reflect the new, unfair, communistic working conditions he will have to suffer through for the next six years.

MattintheHatt

May 31, 2005
Vancouver, BC
Timmy said:

It should have the player immediately being bound and shackled, to reflect the new, unfair, communistic working conditions he will have to suffer through for the next six years.

Unfair working conditions? Last time I checked, they are still making over a milllion dollars a year...

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Timmy said:

Well, it was meant to poke fun at itself (itself being the league), not necessarily as being pro-owner or anti-player.

As for communistic working conditions, wouldn't that be the ideal (in theory) situation for any member of the proletariat?

Timmy

Feb 2, 2005
Cloned said:
Well, it was meant to poke fun at itself (itself being the league), not necessarily as being pro-owner or anti-player.

As for communistic working conditions, wouldn't that be the ideal (in theory) situation for any member of the proletariat?

Sorry, I should have added a :sarcasm: . I would've thought my pro-league stance was known by now. :innocent:

I actually thought it was a good idea, except for the last part.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Timmy said:
Sorry, I should have added a :sarcasm: . I would've thought my pro-league stance was known by now. :innocent:

I actually thought it was a good idea, except for the last part.
Ah, OK. I don't read the BofH boards as much, so I should apologize for not being as familiar with the posters here and their various stances on the lockout.

As for the last part, I believe in the theory of Super Bowl commercials with the "bonus ending." I thought it might be a good idea for the league to do a little self-mockery of the reason behind the lockout. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad