What should be the NHL's new marketing slogan...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bring Back Bucky

May 19, 2004
Canadas Ocean Playground
formernhlfan said:
Let me quote what someone said on another thread:

"Where did all the love go on this god-forsaken site anyway?? It used to be if you didn't like a thread or an opinion you just didn't respond"
Freedom to express my thoughts on the way the NHL as a whole has let the fans down yet again. It seems that fans are oblivious to that fact. I am a Hockey fan and have been since 1964 when I saw my first Canadiens game, when the NHL was about hockey and the fans, not money. Watching the only real sport in the world get turned into a farce over and over and always about money is the saddest thing on earth. Bitterness comes with long term exposure to the abuse, eventually maybe the game will find it's way back into the NHL and that will be a great victory for the fans for a once.

Sorry, bub, you're taking me way, way out of context. I was speaking to the fact that posters have taken to calling each other names, which is attack on the person. You are fully welcome in my eyes to offer an opinion, and I was hoping you would. I was genuinely interested in why people would still be here if they hate the NHL, that's all. There's no hostility whatsoever implied. Also, if you're going to use a quote of someone's, you shouldn't shorten the sentence. You lopped off the "or state your own opinion" which really changes the context in which my words get might be taken.

formernhlfan

Jul 14, 2005
Surrey
Bring Back Bucky said:
Sorry, bub, you're taking me way, way out of context. I was speaking to the fact that posters have taken to calling each other names, which is attack on the person. You are fully welcome in my eyes to offer an opinion, and I was hoping you would. I was genuinely interested in why people would still be here if they hate the NHL, that's all. There's no hostility whatsoever implied. Also, if you're going to use a quote of someone's, you shouldn't shorten the sentence. You lopped off the "or state your own opinion" which really changes the context in which my words get might be taken.

What's done is done, I actually thought I copied and pasted the whole quote, my bad. Doesn't change anything.

Bring Back Bucky

May 19, 2004
Canadas Ocean Playground
formernhlfan said:
What's done is done, I actually thought I copied and pasted the whole quote, my bad. Doesn't change anything.

Actually, it changes everything. My quote was intended to suggest that posters should OFFER their opinion if they disagreed, not call names or attack the poster. As you posted it, you were making it appear that I felt a poster shouldn't respond to something she/he doesn't agree to. So yes, it changes it significantly. :)

MePutPuckInNet

Jan 1, 2004
Toronto
Visit site
I don't know if this article was posted somewhere here on HF...but I just read this today and couldn't help but think what an awesome marketing idea it would be

from Slam!

"Tell anybody and everybody about goofball Jeremy Roenick. He may be willing to kiss some fans' butts."

THAT would be some entertaining stuff, no doubt. I bet he'd do it....for all his faults and running off at the mouth, he's a good dude and does a lot for charities and fans and even for younger players....

Laughter is the best medicine, so "they" say. I think the NHL needs to show that they've got a sense of humor. Hockey can be FUN, too!

MisterUnspoken

Vintage
Nov 10, 2002
New York
MePutPuckInNet said:
I don't know if this article was posted somewhere here on HF...but I just read this today and couldn't help but think what an awesome marketing idea it would be

from Slam!

"Tell anybody and everybody about goofball Jeremy Roenick. He may be willing to kiss some fans' butts."

THAT would be some entertaining stuff, no doubt. I bet he'd do it....for all his faults and running off at the mouth, he's a good dude and does a lot for charities and fans and even for younger players....

Laughter is the best medicine, so "they" say. I think the NHL needs to show that they've got a sense of humor. Hockey can be FUN, too!

Good article Slam!

misfit

5-14-6-1
Feb 2, 2004
just north of...everything
tantalum said:
The funny part is i go to that site and put in NHL, Sloganize it and out pops a reasonable slogan:

"A different kind of company. A different kind of NHL."

Luckily I did it again and out came "NHL - The Freshmaker"

Third time was "behold the power of NHL"

A fourth time came up with a response to aggravate angry fans even more "leave the NHL to us".

OK that's enough.

I put in hockey and got "Designed for Hockey, Engineered to Last". Things when back to normal when I clicked it again only to get "Recommended By Dr. Hockey" followed by "Maybe She's Born With It, Maybe It's Hockey", and "The Hockey Drinker's Lighter Hockey"

Last edited:

BigE

Mar 12, 2004
New York, NY
MrMackey said:
Just read in a Sportsnet article that the slogan hadn't been decided on.

In '94 it was "Game On". Any suggestions for what it should be?

A couple that I've seen or thought about:

"A Whole New Game" (from a Bob Mckenzie article a while back)

"Back on Ice" (something I've used in a lot of my posts, and noticed a while ago that it made a catchy slogan)

Others?

"No More Excuses"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->