GDT: What Should Be A Battle Royale Between McDrai and The Canes Defense...Except...

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
Clearly then, we shouldn't send him down. Carry 8 D on the roster if we must, but I wouldn't cry if somebody claimed Smith off waivers instead.
We're going to have to carry 8 I think. At this point Smith has kinda established himself as a Martinook Jr with the defense. At least IMO. So it's going to be a difficult decision once/if it happens.

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
those are Caring bears We have a bear that Cares.. totally different!
ForkedFelineFowl-size_restricted.gif

CanesUltimate11

Nov 24, 2008
Northern Virginia
Trying to recall where I saw it (might have been someone here) but ignoring Seattle, I think, Carolina is the only team McDavid is not at at least a point per game in his career.

never mind, found some stats, he is at exactly point per game against us. 8 in 8. But he is also a -5 so haha! The Blues and the Sabres he is apparently under a point per game. I still stand by the below statement.

The fact that Slavin will never sniff a Norris top 3 finish without putting up 50 points is a freaking crime.

urho

Sep 12, 2008
Oulu
That was a good game. It also showed some key-differences between a true contender and a playoff team that relies heavily on its top players. Hurricanes had so much better defensive structure in their game even without their best offensive D and 2nd best defensive D. And the chances Oilers had Andersen was there making some key saves while Koskinen looked shaky all game long.

This is a good team on both individual level (boy is Aho good right now) and as a team. Edmonton is not. Surprisingly easy win and Canes looked better all game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad