• Devils

Votes: 1 2.5%
  • Rangers

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

TheGreenTBer

shut off the power while I take a big shit
Apr 30, 2021
If did an NFL "Metro" division of Giants, Jets, Eagles, Patriots it would be insane.

My fiancee went to Alabama, while her family went to Clemson. Her father got me a Clemson sweatshirt first so the decision was made for me.
That...might be the most dangerous division concept I've ever heard. People gonna DIE.

Reactions: Islander Class

Dutch Frost

Battle Level
Mar 12, 2010
Queens, NY
I love English Premiere League and my club Liverpool had a great season, would've been ecstatic had we won the league and European championship. Thanks to NBC picking up EPL I have spent more and more watching the league as a whole. In the old days I would go to pubs carrying the team on satellite or watch it online on some illegal stream. When the Islanders were trash I completely stopped watching and invested my time more and more into LFC and the Yankees.

Basketball - ive been a fan of the Lakers since I was a kid in the 80s. However I despise Lebron and never wanted him on my team. Real Lakers fans dont want him either. I hate Golden State but will never root for Boston, I legit have only watched barely a quarter of the NBA finals thus far. I expected the Suns to win the west and face the Bucks. I was wrong on both.

majormet

Nov 12, 2009
Dix Hills, NY
I have been fans of the same 4 teams since 1972 when I was 6

Mets ever since I saw Jon Matlack 1-hit the Astros

Giants since they got Craig Morton as QB

Islanders since inceptions

Nets since the Coliseum/ABA Days

As for the Rangers, well I do find myself not necessarily rooting for them, but not wanting them to fail any more. For some reason their team is likable enough and they have a journey against teams like Pitt and TB which as an Islander fan are more rivalry like over the past few years. So in hockey, I don't like the Flyers these days, seems they are my issue and all the Philly teams. Less the Sixers because they have 2 of our AAU players on their team but Philly ugh

Quickdraw2828

Aug 2, 2011
Hobart Lacrosse
Tottenham
Jamaican Bobsled Team

And if Uranus had a hockey team, I root for them to wipe the Ranger's butt
I've laughed at over 1000 Uranus jokes, each time like it was the first time I heard it.

My wife has learned not to look at the night sky with me.

scott99

May 13, 2005
I’ve been rooting for the Devils since 1982, when they moved here from Colorado. They are my 2nd favorite team. Though they are tough to follow now due to the ear piercing voice of their current play by play guy, he’s just awful. I literally can’t watch them for extended periods of time.

islesmb

Sponsor
Jan 14, 2007
Myrtle Beach, SC (from Bellmore)
I’ve been rooting for the Devils since 1982, when they moved here from Colorado. They are my 2nd favorite team. Though they are tough to follow now due to the ear piercing voice of their current play by play guy, he’s just awful. I literally can’t watch them for extended periods of time.
Yes he is bad but I read that he stepped down as their pbp guy.

ML19

Nov 21, 2011
Long Island
In order of support (NY TEAMS)
1. NYI
2. NYCFC
3. Jets
4. Yankees

Sports in general:
1. NYI
2. USMNT
3. NYCFC
4. Jets
5. Formula 1
5. Yankees
6. Leeds United
7. Dortmund
8. Chelsea (strictly to watch Pulisic)

Last edited:

scottywiper

Dec 2, 2018
Denver Nuggets and Broncos.
Oh... And North Melbourne in Aussie Rules. Who are historically bad right now.
If i had to pick a baseball team I'd say Dodgers.
Always been Arsenal in EPL, but son is mad Leicester City so very happy to follow them.

Reactions: PWJunior

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
Denver Nuggets and Broncos.
Oh... And North Melbourne in Aussie Rules. Who are historically bad right now.
If i had to pick a baseball team I'd say Dodgers.
Always been Arsenal in EPL, but son is mad Leicester City so very happy to follow them.

Another Broncos fan! Nice.

Started following them when Elway first got into the league in the mid-80's and stayed loyal since.

Reactions: scottywiper

scottywiper

Dec 2, 2018
Another Broncos fan! Nice.

Started following them when Elway first got into the league in the mid-80's and stayed loyal since.
Same re Elway. Used to have a Cowboys shirt as a kid, no idea where it came from and was number 33 from memory, and used to watch NFL highlights in Australia. Elway captured my imagination so Bronocs it was!

Reactions: PWJunior

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Same re Elway. Used to have a Cowboys shirt as a kid, no idea where it came from and was number 33 from memory, and used to watch NFL highlights in Australia. Elway captured my imagination so Bronocs it was!
But do you support the Brisbane Broncos in NRL? Became a follower of several Australian leagues over the years and I follow South Sydney in NRL, Carlton in AFL and Perth Glory in A-League (Due to a one time guest of the ESC from OZ who supported them).

Arsenalogist24

Dec 10, 2013
New York Giants and Arsenal accompany the Isles as my true sports loves

I pay attention to but don’t watch as often to: USC football, UNC basketball, Yankees, Nets

scottywiper

Dec 2, 2018
But do you support the Brisbane Broncos in NRL? Became a follower of several Australian leagues over the years and I follow South Sydney in NRL, Carlton in AFL and Perth Glory in A-League (Due to a one time guest of the ESC from OZ who supported them).
Actually don't have an NRL team.
When i was a sports reporter I used to do all the Perth Glory games. Best one was the final where they led 3-0 at half time in front of a record crowd. Manager high fived fans as they headed for sheds. Even hugged a policewoman. Then they lost on penalties!

Reactions: sabremike

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad