What is your second team this season?

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
What’s yours since you started the thread.

Hawks were my original team, so now they are second. After about the fourth year of my Sens season tickets, hawks dropped one notch.
I grew up a Habs fan. I was able to sit on the fence enjoying both team until they met in the playoffs. There's no turning back from a playoff series. That'll probably never happen to you though. A Hawks Sens final that is

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
What’s yours since you started the thread.

Hawks were my original team, so now they are second. After about the fourth year of my Sens season tickets, hawks dropped one notch.

Pens, Karlsson getting a cup would be nice.

Watching Crosby is always enlightening and this is one of his last seasons so first time I'm watching most games of his.

+ I like underdogs and Pens are pretty big underdogs to win a cup so it would be a nice story.

Otherwise I'm an Arsenal fan but have't really watched a game of theirs in a while, but I choose them for FIFA 23 vs play.

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
Not actively cheering for anyone except maybe the Pens. Stone and Makar are my favourite players and each have a cup.

Just want to see good hockey.

Norris4Norris

Jul 13, 2022
Liverpool, 49ers, f*** everything else.
49ers? How long have you been a fan?

Go Bills!

and when the Sens suck I take the hottest team going into the playoffs and then watch their games until they win and/or are knocked out. Then I watch the team that knocked them out.

Go Bandwagon team!

Back in Black

All Sports would be great if they were Hockey
Jan 30, 2012
In the Penalty Box
My 2nd team is not considered bandwagon jumping.....

1704928084213.png

Butchy Dakkar

Dark Butch Yak didn't seem right.
Oct 3, 2020
I spent the first ~10 years of my life in NWT and the northern Alberta. I was in Alberta from 80-85 or so, prime Oilers dynasty. So I guess I would have to say Oilers.

Edit: I don’t really cheer for the Oilers anymore, but I’m treating this like a “must choose” exercise.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
In this order and always is.

Calgary
Vancouver
Edmonton
Winnipeg

And of course cheering against the Leafs and Canadiens.

And of course Karlsson, but I doubt Pitt is doing any damage.

If all you care about for NHL hockey is watching the Sens, well, it's surely been a very boring and painful 6 years.

Reactions: Cosmix

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
was a big Bobby Hull fan, when watching him play when HNIC was televised on both Wednesdays and Saturdays….so when he jumped to the WHA, and played for my home province, kinda followed the Jets, and kept following them when they joined the NHL… so maybe will follow them…….BUT have lived in Ottawa since the early 70s, and for most people you had to be a Hab fan or a leaf fan…. But I kinda gravitated towards the Bruins….. until the Senators rejoined the NHL.

Reactions: Cosmix

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
I initially cheered as a kid and teenager for the Leafs in the 1950s and 60s in the Original 6 era.
Then I switched to my Home town Winnipeg Jets during the WHA days.
Became an Ottawa Senators fan when I moved to Ottawa in the 1980s.
I was also a big fan of Bobby Hull.

Reactions: Tnuoc Alucard

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Always had a soft spot for Jets and Flames, going to root for the Jets big time
I am surprised that they are leading the league.

I remember watching the team win the Avco Cup beating the Houston team with Gordie Howe and sons! I also remember when they played the Russian team and beat them.

Reactions: Xspyrit

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
For non-hockey, I got the raptors in the NBA and West Ham for the Premier League.

Raptors got my favourite player in the league (RJ Barrett) so I'm all aboard the try to squeak into the playoffs, I just want to see RJ hoop.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
I find myself enjoying watching pretty much any other games than Sens games honestly.

With how dissapointing it's been in Ottawa in the past few years I just enjoy watching good quality hockey. Pretty much any game I watch is better because I'm not as emotionally invested and I can just enjoy quality plays when I'm watching two random teams. It's a lot more enjoyable when you watch two teams battle and a goal on one side is just as exciting as a goal on the other end of the ice. (Or a hit, or a defensive play, a save, etc)

I'd rather watch Boston-Winnipeg than watching Ottawa-San Jose. It sucks but that's really how it is for me now. I have a hard time not being too invested in the team and it sucks the fun out of the experience unfortunately because it's been bad news after bad news for such a long time.

inthewings

Jul 26, 2005
I've always had a soft spot for Vancouver. Will be rooting for them down the stretch and into the playoffs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad