TSN Radio What is the deal with Steve Simmons against the world???

colchar

Apr 26, 2012
Lol at the idea of someone who gets PAID to cover sports getting jealous of some Internet geek.

I take it you don't realize that if more people pay attention to the guy on the net that it will affect Simmons employment?

simmons had a legit beef with the one guy who printed a private conversation, which is dbaggy

And according to the Twitter exchange, Simmons did the same thing.

Durkin67

I take it you don't realize that if more people pay attention to the guy on the net that it will affect Simmons employment?

Simmons has a history of exploiting those who provide confidential information. I dont think the list ends with Reimers mother either...

MrLegend28*

Lol at the idea of someone who gets PAID to cover sports getting jealous of some Internet geek.

simmons had a legit beef with the one guy who printed a private conversation, which is dbaggy

the other guys he probably didn't even remember their names because they were so inconsequential to his work.

least we know Simmons account name on HFBoards..

Leafidelity

Best Sport/Worst League
Apr 6, 2008
Downtown Canada
He's got a persecution complex to rival Zoe Quinn and he likes to talk about how smart he is.

[deleted]

Kidding... but yes lets be glad Simmons doesn't have the same "ahem" roots in this community. More and more people are realizing that Simmons is a relic of media before the internet.

The CyNick

Freedom of Speech!
Sep 17, 2009

I must have missed Steve getting canned

Well then they are both dbaggy

The CyNick

Freedom of Speech!
Sep 17, 2009
least we know Simmons account name on HFBoards..

I don't even think he's great or anything, just happen to agree with him and a ton of other people in hockey about analtyics and that you shouldn't post a personal email exchange

Durkin67

Pretty sure Reimer's mother was Feschuk. Could be wrong tho.

I stand corrected. Thanks for clarifying.
No d-bags named either Steve or Simmons were intentionally harmed in the posting of the aforementioned comment.

Darcy Tucker

My Name is Bob
Mar 23, 2008
Vaughan, Ontario
1749345207_1969282517001_vs-50a3fb112fe1b0e4ae769f32-807632869001.jpg

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
He's a hack.

His buddies at MLSE have all been fired, and it's pretty clear that he's now been cut out of the loop and is now deprived of insider info that's he's used to base his career around. Not to mention how pathetic he is to go on constant diatribes against these so called 'bloggers' - who funny enough often have much better/interesting analysis than most of the mainstream media leaf beat reporters.

Portse91

Sep 18, 2013
Steve Simmons will never amount to anything in this sport if he continues on the crash course of trying to belittle evryone in the sport. You dont see the highly respected guys like Bob Mckenzie, Pierre LeBrun and Darren Dreger taking to twitter to air their dirty laundry with guys in the game. You dont think they have problems with players, coaches or executives in the NHL. Imagine seeing a tweet from one of those guys calling someone a weasal and saying they cant be trusted. We would all be taken away by it. The sad part is that it is now no longer suprising to see coming from Steve Simmons.

Theres a little thing called professionalism, some have it, some dont. Steve Simmons wouldnt know what professionalism was if it slapped him in the face. The thing i dont understand is how TSN has not cut ties with him. Everything he says and does reflects poorly on TSN and Bell Media.

Simmons is quickly becoming another Bill Watters and hopefully for everyones sake, he vanishes just like Bill has.

jcfogerty

Aug 21, 2014
:laugh::handclap::handclap::handclap::handclap::handclap::handclap::handclap:hey man. Love your moniker "spark up a dubas". i work with Kyle Dubas' uncle. if you don't mind, i'll let him know about it. He'll laugh his ass off.

Durkin67

Steve Simmons will never amount to anything in this sport if he continues on the crash course of trying to belittle evryone in the sport. You dont see the highly respected guys like Bob Mckenzie, Pierre LeBrun and Darren Dreger taking to twitter to air their dirty laundry with guys in the game. You dont think they have problems with players, coaches or executives in the NHL. Imagine seeing a tweet from one of those guys calling someone a weasal and saying they cant be trusted. We would all be taken away by it. The sad part is that it is now no longer suprising to see coming from Steve Simmons.

Theres a little thing called professionalism, some have it, some dont. Steve Simmons wouldnt know what professionalism was if it slapped him in the face. The thing i dont understand is how TSN has not cut ties with him. Everything he says and does reflects poorly on TSN and Bell Media.

Simmons is quickly becoming another Bill Watters and hopefully for everyones sake, he vanishes just like Bill has.

Keyword here is clickbait. You dont have to like him, just acknowledge his existence by following on Twitter, clicking on links, leaving insults in the comments section of an online article. All his employer cares about is views, as in how many per month. Print media is becoming obsolete. Simmons' mandate is to be positioned front and centre in the digital realm, even if he is hated. His beef is that his non msm contemporaries are blowing by him.

achtungbaby

Oct 31, 2006
Keyword here is clickbait. You dont have to like him, just acknowledge his existence by following on Twitter, clicking on links, leaving insults in the comments section of an online article. All his employer cares about is views, as in how many per month. Print media is becoming obsolete. Simmons' mandate is to be positioned front and centre in the digital realm, even if he is hated. His beef is that his non msm contemporaries are blowing by him.

Exactly. What is there to really understand? The guy is a ******. Don't click his articles if you don't like him. Although, I wonder how many readers he'd have left if everyone did that.

gravyface

Jun 22, 2010
Anyone know what article Simmons is talking about where Charron posted his private emails? I want to read it.

Joey Hoser

Jan 8, 2008
Guelph
yes, that's what happens when you get an actual job. which Steve has had for many years.

Did you know they have money on the internet now? Some of these guy are probably making just as decent a living as Simmons, and by working a lot harder too.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $200.00