What is next for Calgary after the Iginla Trade

Gritty

Nov 28, 2011
I'd like a fresh start. Kinda what Montreal experienced this year. New GM / Coach..

I wouldn't mind transitioning King from his role to some other buisness aspect of our organization. (If he would accept.) As others have states, John Davidson would have been ideal. So someone similar to him.

I wouldn't mind looking for a new/fresh GM like Hextall. Hockey guy, with lots of experience in LA.

Hartley is a very "interesting" coach. I'm not sold. I would give him another year to truly feel out his system/approach before making a decision.

As for trades: JayBow, Stempniak, Tanguay, and Sarich are all guys I could see heading out the door come April 3rd. We could really stalk pile picks/prospects in return, and hopefully shave some time off our rebuild.

Padlock

Mar 8, 2009
The 2nd was for Kotalik from everything I have read. Again even that trade shows how much the owners are in the GMing they forced Feaster to dump the contract when they could have bought it out. They won't let him make the deals they tie his hands trying to take control.

Feaster has said multiple times what the deal was. 2nd was for Byron, they could've kept the 2nd out but if they did Buffalo was keeping Byron. That trade doesn't show or prove anything about what the owners are doing. You're making an assumption which is far from proof

FLAMESFAN

Feb 27, 2002
Let's just hope we can get out of this quickly like Montreal, and not suck forever like Edmonton. Man, would it kill Oiler fans if we made the playoffs again before they did!

saillias

Sep 6, 2004
Calgary
Trade one of Giordano or Bouwmeester.
One of Tanguay or Cammalleri
One of Glencross or Stempniak
Some of our plugs and scratches: Jackman, Jones, Babchuk, Sarich, Butler, Smith.

scoringmachine

Jan 17, 2007
Trade one of Giordano or Bouwmeester.
One of Tanguay or Cammalleri
One of Glencross or Stempniak
Some of our plugs and scratches: Jackman, Jones, Babchuk, Sarich, Butler, Smith.

Anyone on this board can say trade this player or that player. But realistically what to you aspect to get from some of these players. Tanguay after leaving Colorado and then leaving Calgary before his return to Calgary he was ok in Montreal and terrible in Tampa. Cammalleri is good but he runs his mouth too much which is why Montreal traded him. Glencross has been good for us and it was a shame that Edmonton got rid of him but glad we got him. Stempniak I think could go for a third rounder and a mid level prospect. For these players Jackman, Jones, Babchuk, Sarich, Butler, Smith you are looking at late round picks maybe Sarich might give you a prospect. Jaybo right now is the only player that could give you the best assets. So if we move most of these players we will be a team with no star players and starting from scratch where we miss the playoff for a few more years our fan base goes down and need a miracle like Sutter did when he came and coach us to the finals to restore fans confidence of the team.

Bosnian Beast

Formerly Janko Unchained
Dec 30, 2010
Lethbridge, AB
You have no idea why Erixon didn't sign. You assume that was the case. Pretty bold to say he never intended on signing. I highly doubt that from the day he was drafted he had decided he'd never sign here. I can't stand the guy and think it was a bs move but it's still the gm's job to find these things out.

The 2nd was for Byron. Feaster said that many times. I'd take that 2nd over Byron every day of the week. How many examples do you want? We could pretty much talk about any move Feaster has made and it'll be bad. Re-signing a couple of Sutters guys were the best moves he's made

It would be very bold, if it wasn't the commonly accepted reason for his refusal to sign. Considering we got Horak, Granlund, and Wotherspoon out of the trade, it was a good move by Feaster. As for Byron and the 2nd, thank you for repeating what I said in my previous post. And as I said, we ended up getting that 2nd rounder back, so it ended up being Regehr for Byron and Butler.

I stand by my statement that your evidence to criticize Feaster (which he is deserving of) is weak.

Padlock

Mar 8, 2009
It would be very bold, if it wasn't the commonly accepted reason for his refusal to sign. Considering we got Horak, Granlund, and Wotherspoon out of the trade, it was a good move by Feaster. As for Byron and the 2nd, thank you for repeating what I said in my previous post. And as I said, we ended up getting that 2nd rounder back, so it ended up being Regehr for Byron and Butler.

I stand by my statement that your evidence to criticize Feaster (which he is deserving of) is weak.

I'd still take Erixon (as a player) over the package it brought back. And "commonly accepted" means squat. Maybe he was more than happy to sign before feaster took over and he didn't like the direction. who really knows? When you conveniently leave out that we traded down in the first round to get that 2nd back, it makes the trade look better. As it would with most trades. When you leave a major part of any trade out you can make it look great.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad