What is everyones thoughts on Malkin?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slick Nick

Oct 29, 2003
Montréal
Visit site
2forsbergaura1 said:
CLEARLY he is a playmaker first...i didnt even have to mention that. people compare him to fedorov and kozlov BECAUSE those are playmakers. so i expect him to score less and assist more...something like 25-30 goals and maybe 40-45 assists in the NHL

Viktor Kozlov a great playmaker??? I have to disagree... I think lot's of people compare him to Kozlov because he seems as lazy as him on the ice, but this is just a perseption. Malkin is just so big, he looks like he's floatig around, but in fact he skates faster than pretty much anybody out there.. Pierre McGuire compared his skating to Lemieux's, I think it's very adequate, both seem floating but really have powerfull strides.

Evgeny Oliker

Mar 12, 2003
Visit site
Slick Nick said:
Viktor Kozlov a great playmaker??? I have to disagree... I think lot's of people compare him to Kozlov because he seems as lazy as him on the ice, but this is just a perseption. Malkin is just so big, he looks like he's floatig around, but in fact he skates faster than pretty much anybody out there.. Pierre McGuire compared his skating to Lemieux's, I think it's very adequate, both seem floating but really have powerfull strides.

I really dont think u give Kozlov much respect. Kozlov is a VERY talented playmaker. Also, i would not call him lazy...clumsy at times,yes. His career has been destroyed due to injuries and thats the real problem. the other issue is that V.Kozlov is not really a scoring threat, Malkin is.
finally, Malkin is clearly not lazy and he skates very well. Malkin is the best playmaker in this tournament i think...definetly on Fedorov's level. But his shot is better than Kozlov's and on par with Fedorov's

Jeff Goldblum

Apr 19, 2002
Visit site
b-mad said:
Remember though, AO's a much better hitter.....watch out Malkin!

Try tellin that to Patrick O'Sullivan ;)

But I agree, it'll be great to see these two kids competing against eachother once they reach the NHL.

Slick Nick

Oct 29, 2003
Montréal
Visit site
2forsbergaura1 said:
I really dont think u give Kozlov much respect. Kozlov is a VERY talented playmaker. Also, i would not call him lazy...clumsy at times,yes. His career has been destroyed due to injuries and thats the real problem. the other issue is that V.Kozlov is not really a scoring threat, Malkin is.
finally, Malkin is clearly not lazy and he skates very well. Malkin is the best playmaker in this tournament i think...definetly on Fedorov's level. But his shot is better than Kozlov's and on par with Fedorov's

Dunno, I,m not that high on Vik. Kozlov, and Fedorov's shot is way better than Malkin's IMO.

leafaholix*

Malkin reminds me of a much better skating version of Nikolai Antropov with a better shot.

Kovy274Hart

Jul 9, 2004
Shaolin
www.battleofny.com
Very impressive player. He uses his size so well and skates like the wind. He was giving the U.S. fits all game with his skating and stickhandling. He really is good at creating space. I was waiting for him to finally back up the D enough and fire one. When he did, he used the D as a screen and labeled a perfect wrist shot past Montoya. He really has a ton of talent.

Between him and Salmonsson the Pens are lucky.

TeamPlayer

Jan 11, 2003
Nathan Horton or E. Malkin in a dynasy goals only pool?

I concede that Malkin may be the better all around player but am I naive to think Nathan Horton will score more goals annually then E. Malkin, both in their primes?

Legionnaire

Help On The Way
Jul 10, 2002
LA-LA Land
Reveille said:
You're acting liek I haven't seen him play before...

I'm just sick of people saying how close Malkin is to him. He is not.

So Rev, has your opinion changed since the first game?

Epsilon

#basta
Oct 26, 2002
South Cackalacky
Vanman said:
Nathan Horton or E. Malkin in a dynasy goals only pool?

I concede that Malkin may be the better all around player but am I naive to think Nathan Horton will score more goals annually then E. Malkin, both in their primes?

In a goals only pool I'd probably go with Horton. His injuries are becoming a bit of a caution light though.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
I'd take Horton but it'd be a tough decision, even keeping goals-only in mind.

Alex Kovalev

Apr 28, 2002
Burlington, Ontario
Visit site
I honestly dont see Horton being as great of a player as everyone expects. It might just be me, but I cant really see him scoring 80-90 pts. I just think he will be that solid 2-way player who scores ya 50-60 pts annually. Just your consistant 2nd line guy.

Might just be me though. He has all the tools to be a great player, but I cant see him being an allstar.

leafaholix*

Alex Kovalev said:
The only thing those two have in common is size. Malkin is superior in almost all aspects of the game, minus maybe hitting.
Oh I know, he's a hell of a lot better than Antropov.

But they are similar in size, physique, they both have hands of silk, and are chippy.

The Old Master

come and take it.
Sep 27, 2004
burgh
Slick Nick said:
If you watched carefully, you might want to point out that Malkin is first and foremost a great playmaker before a shooter... :dunno: His shooting is below what I expected actually.
a year working with rick keho will take care of that! remember what he did with jags

Luigi Lemieux

Sep 26, 2003
i don't think an antropov comparison is that bad really. malkin may have better vision and playmaking skills but what really separates them is malkin's skating. add good speed to antropov's game and he instantly becomes a top young player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad