What is acceptable to put on a hotdog sandwich?

Newsworthy

Jan 28, 2018
USA
Chicago taught me that eating a hotdog like a sandwich (with a ton of toppings like lettuce, tomato, olives, onions peppers etc.) Taste better than what I'm used to getting in NY.

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
Mustard, chili, relish, cheese, jalapenos, and sauteed mushrooms.

Best hot dog I ever had. Damn shame the place that made it went out of business.

VickAshley

Dec 7, 2017
Oak Lawn
twitter.com
Well yeah, but I am a firm believer that a sandwich should be two pieces of bread. A hot dog bun is only one piece of bread.
What aboout submarine sandwiches in which they split a french roll and do not slice it all the way through and hollow out some of the bread removing it to stuff it with the fillings of meats and cheeses? What about those? Are those considered sandwiches in your world? Hmmmmmmmmmmm?

Reactions: tonyhawks77

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
What aboout submarine sandwiches in which they split a french roll and do not slice it all the way through and hollow out some of the bread removing it to stuff it with the fillings of meats and cheeses? What about those? Are those considered sandwiches in your world? Hmmmmmmmmmmm?

I would consider that a "hoagie" or a "sub" and not a sandwich.

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
What? Literally everyone would call that a sandwich. Johhny Jim's never cuts their bread fully in halve and everyone calls those freaky fast things sandwiches.
I take the road less traveled and it makes all the difference.

Apr 1, 2010
Hands down the best hotdog sandwich I have made was in the summer of 2011. me and some friends were grilling out one evening, we started out by drinking a case of PBR's and eating loaded potato skins (the TGI Fridays brand from the store). Then a guy I didn't know came over with a mutual friend and he started rolling a blunt. At this point in my life I had not smoked marijuana, so I was not 100% comfortable with the situation but didn't want to be perceived as a b**** so I stayed around and took a few drags from the blunt. I actually ended up getting really high. so at this point my friend brings out 3 packages of Ball Parks and we start grilling them out. once they were finished we started our feast, but in my mind altered state I came up with a brilliant idea.

My buddies girlfriend made sides of mac and chee, baked beans, and Cincinnati Chili ...the mac and chee was amazing, and the baked beans were Bush's so you know they were good, and the chili she made was on point. The problem I ran into is my friend didn't provide a big enough plate for all the sides and the 3 dogs I wanted. So I decided that I would slap a layer of mac and chee first on the bun, then a layer of the baked beans, then put the dog on, and top it with the chili. Of course I put the obligatory ketchup, mustard, and raw onions. That was by far the best hot dog sandwich I have ever had, I ended up downing all three of them and even had some ice cream cake to end the meal.

I don't know if it was the weed, the PBR's, or the ice cream cake, but I didn't feel that great towards the end of the night. So I hopped on my vespa to go home and about 2.5 miles down the road I had to throw up. I pulled over in an Outback Steakhouse parking lot and ended up puking pretty bad. The issue I ran into was I think the combo of mac and chee, chili, beans, and ice cream combined with my lactose intolerance made me shart while I vomited. I don't know if any of you have had to ride a vespa for 4 miles with a vomit stained shirt and a poop soaked pants but it is no fun.
lmfao this made me choke on my drink.

YOU shall from here on, be known as The Cincinnati Shart.

Conrad McBenis

Bow Down
Jan 10, 2018
According to JJ’s Red Hots, which has featured more than 350 toppings on its hot dogs since 2012, these are the top toppings in order of preference:
  1. Ketchup
  2. Chili
  3. Relish
  4. Sauerkraut
  5. Onions
  6. Cheese
  7. Bacon
  8. Tomatoes
  9. Salsa
  10. Mustard

MetalheadPenguinsFan

Sep 17, 2009