What is acceptable to put on a hotdog sandwich?

Conrad McBenis

Bow Down
Jan 10, 2018
Thanks for all of the suggestions!

Here is the official list of approved toppings for a hot dog sandwich after much appreciated feedback from this community:

Ketchup
Relish
Diced Onions

Also whatever @Mr. Met suggested. Because it's his birthday.

Dont Toews Me Bro

Mar 20, 2018
Thanks for all of the suggestions!

Here is the official list of approved toppings for a hot dog sandwich after much appreciated feedback from this community:

Ketchup
Relish
Diced Onions

Also whatever @Mr. Met suggested. Because it's his birthday.

Those are literally the same 3 that you posted in the OP.

FusilliJerry

Mar 9, 2018
Hands down the best hotdog sandwich I have made was in the summer of 2011. me and some friends were grilling out one evening, we started out by drinking a case of PBR's and eating loaded potato skins (the TGI Fridays brand from the store). Then a guy I didn't know came over with a mutual friend and he started rolling a blunt. At this point in my life I had not smoked marijuana, so I was not 100% comfortable with the situation but didn't want to be perceived as a b**** so I stayed around and took a few drags from the blunt. I actually ended up getting really high. so at this point my friend brings out 3 packages of Ball Parks and we start grilling them out. once they were finished we started our feast, but in my mind altered state I came up with a brilliant idea.

My buddies girlfriend made sides of mac and chee, baked beans, and Cincinnati Chili ...the mac and chee was amazing, and the baked beans were Bush's so you know they were good, and the chili she made was on point. The problem I ran into is my friend didn't provide a big enough plate for all the sides and the 3 dogs I wanted. So I decided that I would slap a layer of mac and chee first on the bun, then a layer of the baked beans, then put the dog on, and top it with the chili. Of course I put the obligatory ketchup, mustard, and raw onions. That was by far the best hot dog sandwich I have ever had, I ended up downing all three of them and even had some ice cream cake to end the meal.

I don't know if it was the weed, the PBR's, or the ice cream cake, but I didn't feel that great towards the end of the night. So I hopped on my vespa to go home and about 2.5 miles down the road I had to throw up. I pulled over in an Outback Steakhouse parking lot and ended up puking pretty bad. The issue I ran into was I think the combo of mac and chee, chili, beans, and ice cream combined with my lactose intolerance made me shart while I vomited. I don't know if any of you have had to ride a vespa for 4 miles with a vomit stained shirt and a poop soaked pants but it is no fun.

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
First and absolutely foremost, a hot dog is not a sandwich.

Also the best thing to put on a hot dog is Relish and Boom Boom Sauce (from Sheetz, in Pennsylvania).

2 dogs for a dollar. hard to beat that!

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
Also, I've found that one of the best hot dog toppings is peanut butter and Jelly.

Peanut butter on one side of the bun, raspberry jelly on the other side, and then grape jam spread on top.

Will post video later.

Chonged

Apr 24, 2018
One of the new trends that I absolutely hate is every place ruins a good taco by putting some ****ty slaw on it. It is a MF'ing taco, don't ruin it with slaw.

IDK Slaw Is Pretty Good On a Fish Taco

I Don't Eat Many Hotdogs But I Get the One From Costco Occasionally and I Put Must and Onions On It

I Like Ketchup But Only On Bratwurst Not On Hotdogs

Dont Toews Me Bro

Mar 20, 2018
First and absolutely foremost, a hot dog is not a sandwich.

Also the best thing to put on a hot dog is Relish and Boom Boom Sauce (from Sheetz, in Pennsylvania).

2 dogs for a dollar. hard to beat that!

Yes it is
IMG_3451.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_3451.PNG
    IMG_3451.PNG
    115.6 KB · Views: 0

VickAshley

Dec 7, 2017
Oak Lawn
twitter.com
Really ever since the first ever time I ever tried and enjoyed the flavour of sriracha when I tasted it for the first time I have not since used ketchup on anything I once had used it for which was never hot-dogs but I'm talking about things such as frenched fries and onion "rings" and chicken nuggies and burgs and such. Only sriracha sauce for them in place of the ketchup which once was the go-to condiment of choice for those particular food items.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad