Value of: What incentive would you offer to take the worst contract off your team?

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
None because our worst contract is Matt Martin, and before somebody brings up Marleau because I know they will, he scored 27 goals last year, he's not our worst contract

BatVader

"nothing is true; everything is permitted"
May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham
Habs worst contract is their GM.
If anyone was willing to take Bergevin, I’d assume most Montreal fans would happily throw in a high pick or young nhl ready player.

Reactions: Starat327

steinerecliner

May 15, 2018
Disagree with most of this. Blues don't have a contract that is absolutely killing them at this point. Don't think any player has negative value. Steen would probably be the closest to that based on age, performance, years remaining and salary.

Not yet but when you think about Allen and Berglund and there streaky play and needing to make room sooner than later for Husso, Thomas and Kryou. Plus two years from now Schenn contract is up and Petro. Wouldn't you want to make sure you had cap space set aside for that. Plus Dunn next year who I think is a must for the Defense. It may not all be about this coming season but a couple years from now. You can make these moves without killing the chances of having a playoff team.

WeWentBlues

May 3, 2017
Berglund is fine for a 3rd line player. Everyone's issue with Berglund is the expectation he would be more.

I'm fine if we move on from Allen. My issue is the idea that it would cost us assets to do so

olli

Unregistered User
Dec 2, 2016
cÃnÃdÃ
Little still has value, but in a few years he might fit in this category. I sure hope not though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad