What Happened to Kyle Turris?

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
I dont think he's close to being done. I think he was knocked off stride by his injury and then lose confidence in a way that he really never did in Ottawa... He might be overpaid no matter what but he still has the ability to be a solid 2nd liner. Maybe not in the West.

Somewhat ironically, I could see something around Wennberg and Turris. Turris would be a good addition to CLB, whether they re-sign Duchene or not, and they should have plenty of space.
Would Wennberg fare any better in Nashville though?

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
Would Wennberg fare any better in Nashville though?

Not necessarily but he is a bit less expensive and shorter term. Although to be fair I thought Wennberg had 4.1 when I wrote that. The 1.1mil and 1yr savings might not be worth it.

I do think Turris would be a good addition in CLB though

Golden Puppers

Mar 20, 2019
He had one big year, mainly driven by Mark Stone's emergence. He was always a tad overrated. Decent player but nothing special and never a premier player or anything.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Too weak to handle the system NSH wants to play, he thrives in a more run and gun game. Would be great with Pitts.

With that being said, many, many Senators fans saw him regressing and I was a huge advocate of trading him; it was one of the best decisions we have made.

supsens

Oct 6, 2013
He was always falling down and was never very good. I have no idea why so many sen fans were upset when this guy was traded. Extreamly over rated. He would score with a floater wobbly shot and you would hear about his “wicked” shot

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
He is a pure ectomorph. Doesn't seem like his body is holding up. He was very good in Ottawa. I think he might have benefited from Ottawa's lack of playoff success, because it prevented him from being exposed as a regular season style player. Which is fine if he is your 2nd or 3rd best C, but I think it is why the Sens were so aggressive to upgrade down the middle, first with Brass and then Duchene.

He is a case study of why players should never sign soft contracts. No signing bonuses. No trade protection. He probably could have gotten a much bigger contract on the open market, he is now trending towards being a possible buyout case if he has another bad season.

Sens deserve credit for selling him off at the right time. He was a very popular player with the fan base.

Reactions: Channelcat

KevinRedkey

12/18/23 and beyond!
Jan 22, 2010
There's a reason Ottawa didn't want to sign him long-term. He was a good player for Ottawa (2C IMO) but they sold him at the right time. Selling off a player at the right time is un underrated move. Imagine if Chicago had done it with Seabrook for example.

He was always falling down and was never very good. I have no idea why so many sen fans were upset when this guy was traded. Extreamly over rated. He would score with a floater wobbly shot and you would hear about his “wicked” shot

They were upset because of the package they gave up. In general, Sens fans were very happy to go from Turris to Duchene.

Cynick

Know-Nothing
Dec 24, 2008
Toronto
It always happens with small market teams. See: Barkov, Sasha... Yandle, Keith... Bouwmeestee, Jay... boedker, mikael.... Bryzgalov, Ilya... Booth, David.... etc.

That's such a strange collection of names. Each one seems peculiar here as @ManofSteel55 has already pointed out. But, I find Barkov's name here to be simply dumbfounding. It doesn't matter what team he plays for, he's a superstar on all of them. He's the type of player you build a team around not an overrated extra.

supsens

Oct 6, 2013
There's a reason Ottawa didn't want to sign him long-term. He was a good player for Ottawa (2C IMO) but they sold him at the right time. Selling off a player at the right time is un underrated move. Imagine if Chicago had done it with Seabrook for example.

They were upset because of the package they gave up. In general, Sens fans were very happy to go from Turris to Duchene.

I seem to remember everyone being upset EM was too cheap to pay him and his woman staying busy keyboard trashing the sens and all the fans joining in.

Reactions: gab6511

Bileur

Jun 15, 2004
Ottawa
I never thought he was very good. Somehow all Senators get grossly overrated.

You mean like the former sens forward leading the playoffs in goals and points and who recently got nominated for the Selke?

Or like the former sen who is second among defensemen in points in the playoffs?

Or like the two former sens goalies leading the playoffs in save % and wins?

Or like the former sens forward leading Columbus in goals and points in the playoffs?

Sens With Benefits

Feb 4, 2010
Canada
You never fully recover from being on the Sens

It’s true lol. Look at Bishop and Lehner only got Vezina nominations, not even locks to win it. Mark stone probably won’t win the Selke either, guaranteed third place in that vote. Don’t even get me started on that bum Chara.

Edit. It’s crazy to think how much Talent Ottawa has given up.

Reactions: RabidOne and NyQuil

LeProspector

AINEC
Feb 14, 2017
It’s true lol. Look at Bishop and Lehner only got Vezina nominations, not even locks to win it. Mark stone probably won’t win the Selke either, guaranteed third place in that vote. Don’t even get me started on that bum Chara.

Edit. It’s crazy to think how much Talent Ottawa has given up.
Not to mention guys like Zibanejad, Silfverberg, Hoffman, Dzingel, Foligno and I could still go on!!!! We’re used to this as Sens fans. AMAZING drafting and development... horrendous roster decisions.

Reactions: onionsack

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
Too weak and too slow. He barely had enough speed to be effective in Ottawa. Now he's approaching 30 and the league continues to get faster. His demise was way too predictable. There's a reason the Sens didn't want to give him a long term contract.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
he was a bust with the yotes, had a couple good seasons with the sens, and now he's regressed

robsenz

Apr 15, 2007
I was never a fan of his game, too weak on the puck...ok 2nd line C while he was in Ottawa. That being said, he scored some huge goals for us though.

qwerty

Feb 4, 2007
Calgary
Would Nashville ever consider a Turris - Neal swap? The contracts are very similar. Flames could even add a sweetner as well. James Neal has some familiarity with the Preds and Calgary could use more center depth.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad