What Gear Will Get You "Chirped" At? (Part 2)

Fanned On It

Dec 20, 2011
New York
so you're the guy who says "no, i have to drive" upon denying a post-game beer? :laugh:

And you're the guy that would give him a hard time for that? The response in my locker-room would be, "Alright, no doubt" and we'd move on. We have other things to rag on each other about like how ugly our one team mate's girlfriend is "but she has a great personality and goes deep on the shaft."

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
Worse than not drinking at all imo. Drinking hard cider at the rink will definitely get you chirped down south.

Well, when you're a girl you can get away with a lot of stuff that would get you chirped if you were a man. There's also the whole novelty factor of "hey look a girl who plays hockey" around my area.

Yes I'm kind of stroking my own ego with this post :laugh:

AIREAYE

Jun 7, 2009
Throw a live match in there and you can really say you've got a fire in your belly, or a burning desire to win.

Beezeral

Mar 1, 2010
Well, when you're a girl you can get away with a lot of stuff that would get you chirped if you were a man. There's also the whole novelty factor of "hey look a girl who plays hockey" around my area.

Yes I'm kind of stroking my own ego with this post :laugh:

missed that part. yea. girl can get away with a lot and not get chirped. only thing girls can really get chirped for is playing dirty then getting upset when someone hits back

Fremitus Borealis

Flügelstürmer
Feb 4, 2007
The Slot
I think I've seen almost every single thing from this thread in my league (I'm even "guilty" of a few), but I've never noticed anyone getting "chirped" for any of it. People tend to be pretty civil (so far, at least). Really does seem like the "don't be a d-bag, nobody will mess with you" rule really applies.

That said, I do admit to being a little apprehensive that I'm going to have to hold my breezers up with skate laces next game, since the strap snapped and I have no way of getting a new one in time :D

bigwillie

Jul 14, 2006
Portland, OR
Lately I've been drinking diet Coke during games as a ref. It's invited its fair share of comments.

I knew a ref who used to have a one liter bottle of Mountain Dew every time he'd ref. It would usually take him two or three games to finish it, but that's still a ton of Mountain Dew, and officiating several games in a row, I never imagined it was terribly good for him.

Oh, and everyone would chirp the **** out of him.

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
I knew a ref who used to have a one liter bottle of Mountain Dew every time he'd ref. It would usually take him two or three games to finish it, but that's still a ton of Mountain Dew, and officiating several games in a row, I never imagined it was terribly good for him.

Oh, and everyone would chirp the **** out of him.

Some of the comments I get make me tempted to chirp back with "I need caffeine to stay awake during your game because it's so boring" but that seems like it would cross the line and be unprofessional of me.

I couldn't handle all that sugar spike during a game though, but about 20-30 minutes beforehand I like to eat some fruit for a minor spike.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad