Olympics: What does your nations roster look like if NHLers don't go?

Yozhik v tumane

Jan 2, 2019
Like shit.

Edit: I guess that Sweden may deduct Adrian Kempe, Isac Lundeström, Rickard Rakell, Victor Olofsson, Filip Hållander and Nils Lundkvist from that god awful 2021 World Championship team, then see what we’re left with in Europe. If Linus Omark and Erik Gustafsson makes the roster I’d follow with minimal to mild interest. So tremendously disappointed.

Last edited:

Maverick41

Cold-blooded Jelly Doughnut
Sponsor
Nov 9, 2005
Germany
Difficult to say at this point. You don't know who will be available. Injuries and COVID will almost certainly happen between now and then.
But Germany could look something like this:

Forwards:
Lean Bergmann, Yasin Ehliz, Markus Eisenschmid, Patrick Hager, Nicolas Krämmer, Dominik Kahun, Tom Kühnhackl, Stefan Loibl, Marcel Noebels, Leo Pföderl, Tobias Rieder and Frederik Tiffels
These 12 should be locks if they are healthy. Candidates for additional roster spots would include Pietta, Fischbuch, Ehl, Uvira, Dumont, Kammere, Kastner or Tuomie

Defensemen:
Konrad Abeltshauser, Sinan Akdag, Marcel Brandt, Jonas Müller, Moritz Müller, Marco Nowak, Colin Ugbekile and Fabio Wagner
The defense is much harder to predict I would go with the 8 above. Other options could be Ankert, Bittner, Fohrler, Huss or Wissmann. If Korbinian Holzer returns from injury in time he would be a likely option.

Goalies:
Felix Brückmann, Mathias Niederberger and Dustin Strahlmeier
They would be my top3 right now, but there are other options like aus den Birken, Hane, Pantkowski, Reich or Treutle

If these players are actually available when the time comes and the defense holds up they could once again make some noise.
I won't watch, but I wish them well.

stastny12

Dec 26, 2018
Trencin, Slovakia
I´ll throw here some names that are quite likely to be selected:

Rybar, Tomek, Godla, Konrad

Ceresnak, Gernat, Cajkovsky, Grman, Nemec, Mudrak, Ivan, Koch, Marincin, Daloga, Gachulinec, Rosandic

Hudacek, Hrivik, Cehlarik, Lantosi, Kelemen, Roman, Regenda, Slafkovsky, Pospisil, Skalicky, Takac, Griger, Kristof, Holesinsky, Liska, Jurco, Dano, Bakos

My prediction:
Rybar
Tomek
Godla

Ceresnak-Cajkovsky
Gernat-Marincin
Nemec-Rosandic
Gachulinec-Ivan

Lantosi-Hrivik-Cehlarik
Pospisil-Hudacek-Jurco
Kelemen-Kristof-Slafkovsky
Takac-Roman-Holesinsky
Liska, Dano

Last edited:

Antiillafire

May 1, 2021
Trnava, Slovakia
I´ll throw here some names that are quite likely to be selected:

Rybar, Tomek, Godla, Konrad

Ceresnak, Gernat, Cajkovsky, Grman, Nemec, Mudrak, Ivan, Koch, Marincin, Daloga, Gachulinec, Rosandic

Hudacek, Hrivik, Cehlarik, Lantosi, Kelemen, Roman, Regenda, Slafkovsky, Pospisil, Skalicky, Takac, Griger, Kristof, Holesinsky, Liska, Jurco, Dano, Bakos
our chances of a successful tournament increase a lot

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Its hard to say when it comes to Sweden. Lots of players to choose from. No locks. But if EHT is any indicetor, then Brome - Lander - Klingberg and Larsson-Rydahl-La Rose should be 2 lines. Olofsson, Holmberg, Bengtsson have been good aswell. Maybe those 3 as a line. Then Omark, Söderberg and J.Olofsson as a line. These players could be switched for others, we have many players in KHL for exemple who put up points but i feel like they are "tired" on the ice. Just look at how awful Pettersson and Strömvall was in Channel One Cup. TBH Söderberg and Omark also feels like tired players. Maybe its better to go with Everberg - Bristedt - Bengtsson, a Rögle line. Please god no Dahlbeck, Lööv and Rasmussen.

G are strong. Lars Johansson should be a starter with Hellberg and Reidenborn as backups.

D: Pilut, Heed, Tömmernäs, Folin, Hansson, Edvinsson, Djoos, L Bengtsson.

Anyways, we have too many players in NHL and AHL. Sweden is gonna be one of the worst teams in OG if no NA-players.

Reactions: stastny12

Lartsaman

Aug 2, 2018
Finland
Granlund - Manninen - Hartikainen
Pesonen - Filppula - Rajala
Komarov - Aaltonen - Ojamäki
Mäenalanen - Björninen - Anttila
Pakarinen, Kemppainen

Hietanen - Ohtamaa
Pokka - Kaski
Lindbohm - Kemiläinen
Koivisto - Sund

Olkinuora - Säteri - Heljanko

A decent team. Disappointing to see the same guys as in EHT-tournaments for sure, but it´s still Olympics. I´m just hoping that we don´t get too many declines from european based players. Most finnish players haven´t won absolutely anything in their careers so they should be interested about winning the olympic gold.

Reactions: Hasa92 and Lambo

Yozhik v tumane

Jan 2, 2019
TBH Söderberg and Omark also feels like tired players.

What, nooo…

Omark has been the bomb this year. He’s not tearing up the scoring table like some were dreaming, but having watched every single game of his it’s hard to fault him for the huge amount of chances he’s created for teammates to waste. Fröberg has often carried a grim look on his face despite being in a prime environment to score a ton of points, because he knows he’s not converting nearly enough of what Omark’s creating for him. Fröberg hasn’t been too bad really, but he’s the weak link on a line that could cause serious damage had the center been more comfortable finishing plays than Fröberg is.

Omark’s also been a workhorse and not at all a floater off the puck, which has been a very pleasant surprise for me (I tended to take a defensive position towards Klasen when other Luleå fans were whining about his defensive efforts, but with Omark there’s just nothing to complain about: he’s a surprisingly complete player at this point in his career): he’s going into corners and battling hard for pucks, tends to be thrown to close out PK’s for his upside in transitions, mainly, but also because he’s a terrier off the puck, and with the puck on his stick he’s generally untouchable.

Omark was averaging upwards of 25 minutes per game earlier on when the rest of the team was struggling, but lately the team has been winning, other lines have got going, and Bulan has been able to distribute more ice time down the line-up: still, Omark is the best player in the league on any given night.

Reactions: Eye of Ra

Elias40

Jan 3, 2020
I would take Nicklas Lasu to the fourth row. a player of his type is valuable in every team. What about Elmer Söderblom? Are there better players? Only Edvinsson will represent the youngsters. Although I understand that OG are not a good place to build young men fot NT.

Lambo

Jan 10, 2019
Pakarinen, Kemppainen

Hietanen - Ohtamaa
Pokka - Kaski
Lindbohm - Kemiläinen
Koivisto - Sund

A decent team. Disappointing to see the same guys as in EHT-tournaments for sure, but it´s still Olympics. I´m just hoping that we don´t get too many declines from european based players. Most finnish players haven´t won absolutely anything in their careers so they should be interested about winning the olympic gold.
Awesome squad! Beside Russia a gold contender.

Reactions: Eye of Ra

EK47

Feb 7, 2013
How to make a big blockbuster a straight to video crapfest over night.

karhukissa

Apr 2, 2019
Pakarinen, Kemppainen

Hietanen - Ohtamaa
Pokka - Kaski
Lindbohm - Kemiläinen
Koivisto - Sund

You forgot Vatanen? There are 4 players in this team that played in the NHL last season, and arguably could still play there.

Then there are many KHL top tier players, including one of the best line combos in the whole league (1st line-Ufa players) etc.

Very good team and second best on paper after Russia.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $25.00