What does everyone think of the Leafs 2018 draft hat design?

Damisoph

Jun 29, 2010
I find the draft hats to be kinda ugly quite frankly. What's with all the dots?

moon111

Oct 18, 2014
Think it's a horrible design. Not just the dots, but the white on white of the logo makes it's real shape disappear.
Make it cheap, sell it high, make a profit.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
The dots did throw me off the moment I first saw what it looked like and it's why I said maybe it looks better seeing it in person at a Lids store. I will say they kind of remind me of the air holes on the Adidas jerseys, so I wonder if that's dots were made to resemble them?

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Because fanatics has the license to make the “fan apparel” and adidas only does on ice/game day stuff. It sucks and feels cheap. The championship hats were also fanatics.
The draft hats should be made by the official on ice licenser. The whole fanatics thing is so cheap, the jersey quality is absolute trash as well.
Last years draft hat was at least made by Adidas and I assumed they would have made them again this year.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
I have seen better, but I have seen worse. I am pretty sure there is a conventional design for all teams so it is not like our hat is going to stick out more than others... Our logo and colours are the only thing that differs, and that's a branding problem that extends beyond just hats.

drewjenks

Oct 1, 2017
Canada
Lately I have been thinking of wanting to purchase a new Leafs hat and I was waiting to see what their 2018 draft hat design looked like. Last night I happened to see it listed on the Lids Canada website and I'm not sure what to think about it. At first I thought their logo doesn't look that big, however I also thought maybe this is something I need to see in person. So here's a picture of what it looks like, so what does everyone else think?

thumb.aspx

"So what does everyone else think?"

Don't tell your wife that this is how you spend your free time.

Reactions: BM14

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
I'm a die-hard Leafs fan but I've never really liked any of their hats enough to wear.
Seems awkward to me to see hockey, basketball or football hats.

Leafsman

I guess $11M doesn't buy you what it use to
May 22, 2008
Are the dots symbolic of something? (the number of years since they won the cup)

If the dots are symbolic of something then I could get behind it. But they stitched into the bottom row of dots and the dots are also stitched into the Leafs logo. They could have figured out the layout a little better.

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
Contract, I guess. I don’t know. They were looking to get into a professional league and did.

Now they also have some college teams and have made a mockery of themselves. Nothing worse that the MS State baseball warmup unis the had F***The School Up North which was a shot at Ole Miss based on Dan Mullen stealing the Ohio State University name for Michigan

i07lr6uufdgg3ps3edok.jpg

what am I looking at here? I get its upside down but is it a soccer shirt? or is it baseball?. Typically I like adidas jerseys/shirts/uniforms but that thing should be burned it looks contagious.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
what am I looking at here? I get its upside down but is it a soccer shirt? or is it baseball?. Typically I like adidas jerseys/shirts/uniforms but that thing should be burned it looks contagious.

It’s supposed to be a baseball uniform

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad