What does everyone think of the Leafs 2018 draft hat design?

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Lately I have been thinking of wanting to purchase a new Leafs hat and I was waiting to see what their 2018 draft hat design looked like. Last night I happened to see it listed on the Lids Canada website and I'm not sure what to think about it. At first I thought their logo doesn't look that big, however I also thought maybe this is something I need to see in person. So here's a picture of what it looks like, so what does everyone else think?

thumb.aspx

Nylanderthal

Jun 9, 2010
Not a fan of the fanatics brand. The draft hat should be made by adidas. Really salty that new era lost the license as nobody makes a hat like the 5950.

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
these draft hats are always horrendous. is that the goal? make sure no one buys them?.

Bring back burkie and his no hat rules, he can be "head of head wear" for the leafs but make sure he knows he is only there for hats no other hockey decisions

Reactions: Kiwi

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
these draft hats are always horrendous. is that the goal? make sure no one buys them?.

Bring back burkie and his no hat rules, he can be "head of head wear" for the leafs but make sure he knows he is only there for hats no other hockey decisions

Agreed

Reactions: Walshy7

Nylanderthal

Jun 9, 2010
I don’t about this but why is it not Adidas?
Because fanatics has the license to make the “fan apparel” and adidas only does on ice/game day stuff. It sucks and feels cheap. The championship hats were also fanatics.
The draft hats should be made by the official on ice licenser. The whole fanatics thing is so cheap, the jersey quality is absolute trash as well.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Because fanatics has the license to make the “fan apparel” and adidas only does on ice/game day stuff. It sucks and feels cheap. The championship hats were also fanatics.
The draft hats should be made by the official on ice licenser. The whole fanatics thing is so cheap, the jersey quality is absolute trash as well.

That’s why I can’t order decent apparel. Fanatics is literally Walmart level. Shotty stuff I have isn’t even the correct blue.

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
That’s why I can’t order decent apparel. Fanatics is literally Walmart level. Shotty stuff I have isn’t even the correct blue.

how does a massive global brand like Adidas allow this? surely they would want in on the merchandising of NHL gear?

how many people can honestly afford that on ice level gear? what a joke

for a couple of months there was a whole bunch of Adidas apparel at the hockey all of fame shop when i would go on my lunch break, the tshirts with matthews on the back and hats etc. Then i went in and all of it changed

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
how does a massive global brand like Adidas allow this? surely they would want in on the merchandising of NHL gear?

how many people can honestly afford that on ice level gear? what a joke

for a couple of months there was a whole bunch of Adidas apparel at the hockey all of fame shop when i would go on my lunch break, the tshirts with matthews on the back and hats etc. Then i went in and all of it changed

Contract, I guess. I don’t know. They were looking to get into a professional league and did.

Now they also have some college teams and have made a mockery of themselves. Nothing worse that the MS State baseball warmup unis the had F***The School Up North which was a shot at Ole Miss based on Dan Mullen stealing the Ohio State University name for Michigan

i07lr6uufdgg3ps3edok.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad