What do we do with Maurice?

Puckatron 3000

Glitchy Prototype
Feb 4, 2014
Offensive Zone
So, did the Trouba - Buff pairing merit a long term look as a solution to our weak LHD?

I think so. They looked great.

Then again, I'm already sorta tossing in the towel on this season. So it doesn't bother me that we have an abysmal 3rd pairing. And I want to give Trouba a real D partner to play with - he deserves it and it will help his game.

However, in the interests of trying to actually win games this year, Chairot/Stu should be on a real short leash, with Pardy/Postma waiting in the wings. That being said, there seems to be funny decisions made around these guys.

jetswin

Jul 24, 2011
He isn't making anyone "cry in the room" over the undisciplined penalties. Participation medals for everyone! Fire Huddy and Vincent NOW!

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Maurice can't find 6 players better than Thorbs when the Jets are down 1 with a minute left? Seriously???

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
Possibly a message involved ...?

Ladd Little Wheeler MP were out for a while. So who did he put out? Was it Staff Lowry Burmi and Thor? I guess he thought Thor would be stronger on pucks than Ehlers as that's really the only guy left worth putting out there ahead of him unless you think Armia should be. So I don't see it as such a big deal, he picked Thor over Ehlers. It would be different if Thor was out with goalie pulled on top unit, but he wasn't, our top guys were already out there with the goalie pulled 230 left and Pmo needed to find 4 new forwards, much a do about nothing. Wouldve been Scheif anyway if he was there.

CaptainChef

Jan 5, 2014
Bedroom Jetsville
OK PMO! You've fixed most of the weak links in the roster or at
least had most guys playing where they should be but you still have MARK frickken POS STU-garbage playing twice as much time as anyone on the PK.

Newsflash PMO -- we have the worst PK in the league & its been the worst all year. Whats the common element on the PK -- POS Stu. Who has the worst PK stats in the entire league ... Ok you see where I'm going with this.

Can't even blame Stu for the mess our PK is this year. Have to blame whoever it is that keeps sending him over the boards every single friccken PK.:rant:

Mathmew Purrrr Oh

#meowmeowmeowmeow
Apr 18, 2013
meow
OK PMO! You've fixed most of the weak links in the roster or at
least had most guys playing where they should be but you still have MARK frickken POS STU-garbage playing twice as much time as anyone on the PK.

Newsflash PMO -- we have the worst PK in the league & its been the worst all year. Whats the common element on the PK -- POS Stu. Who has the worst PK stats in the entire league ... Ok you see where I'm going with this.

Can't even blame Stu for the mess our PK is this year. Have to blame whoever it is that keeps sending him over the boards every single friccken PK.:rant:

can't wait til Stu retires ... and TNSE awards him a lifetime position as Jets PK coach.

rkp

Mar 31, 2011
they did so well last year when all the injuries happened to the defence and towards the end...and now this, what the hell happened???!!...lol...sure there were some changes, but were they that significant?

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
can't wait til Stu retires ... and TNSE awards him a lifetime position as Jets PK coach.

If Mark has his way this is so happening although in fairness he may be an upgrade over who ever is handling it now.

Last edited:

johna2626

Aug 19, 2015
Atlanta
First of all, I'll preface this by saying I'm a big Maurice supporter (usually). IMO, he's given this team an identity & he's definitely the reason why we made the playoffs last year & look to again this.

But man, so many frustrating decisions that are carried forth for weeks and months.

I -- Of course there's always been his love of everything Thorbs -- promote the guy every opportunity he gets, heck put him on the power play if you get half a chance. Never sit the guy because he's waaaay too important to this club. He's fine as a 4th liner, that's it - almost no offense there, but he's a darn site better than Peluso.

II - Peluso. Doesn't even warrant a spot on the bench, but keeps getting stuck into the lineup in place of Petan. When injuries happen, he's into the line-up like a dirty shirt when there are guys on the farm that should be inserted instead. Get this Mo -- WE HAVE NO NEED FOR THUGS IN OUR LINE-UP

III -- Penalties. Yes, that one falls in his lap 100%. By now he should have been able to work that out with the players & show them what we are being called for again & again & again. Easy fix, if they keep doing it in spite of being told what to avoid, you eventually bench them for half a period. I ask you this, when is the last time Maurice has ever benched a vet for anything.

IV -- the Troubs & Stupendous show. Mo seems determined to destroy Troubs confidence & worth all in one flail swoop. Sure Stupendous would be hard to put with anyone, but at least give Trouba a break from the guy. What's wrong with trying out Postma or Pardy once in a blue moon. No, just like the SN guys in the last night's pregame, Mo is swayed by the little things Stu does that end up back-firing more than working -- Stu's big hits (that gives the opposition an odd man rush so often its not even funny), hit blocked shots (OK he's good at that), and everything else Stupendous. Memo Mo: Stu's somewhere between not very good & terrible. He deserves to sit out a few times, and for heaven's sake, give Trouba a break from that anchor or you'll destroy our most promising young D.

Whew, got that off my chest - I feel better now.

It's amazing so many people dismissed this back in November. I've felt this way for a while. When is the last time the most penalized team in the league has won the Cup? Can't think of one

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
they did so well last year when all the injuries happened to the defence and towards the end...and now this, what the hell happened???!!...lol...sure there were some changes, but were they that significant?

Last year was an outlier IMO. We had a new coach and every player was drinking the coolaid, we got very solid and timely goaltending, Dallas got really rough goaltending, and it was a season it all came together for us.

This year we have not been able to stay out of the box which has put too much of a strain on everything meaningful in regards to winning. Plus all the little mistakes have caught up with us. We kept some vets for the wrong reasons while letting others walk. We started a young roster and most of the rookies have struggled at times or been reassigned. The one rookie we didn't give a shot too on opening day that got called up due to injury is turning out to be the best of the bunch by a mile and might have made a difference this season if he was in the lineup from day 1?

I know hindsight is 20-20 and if this would have worked out Chevy would have looked like a spring of 2015 genius but it hasn't and so he owns the opposite whoops "IFU" red ball on the nose and big floppy shoes award IMO. Its a tough business for sure.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
It's amazing so many people dismissed this back in November. I've felt this way for a while. When is the last time the most penalized team in the league has won the Cup? Can't think of one

We've said this all of last year as well, not new news. That's one thing that drives us nuts.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013

Anaheim? Boston?

They were both top of the league PK though

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad