Post-Game Talk: What did you expect, Jets lose 4-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Babooch

Jan 7, 2014
Big Stan taking his direction from HF Jets on crease clearing, absolutely upends a guy nowhere near the puck and takes the 2 min minor rhat seals Jets fate. Meanwhile, fancy Stat darling Demelo twice found himself in crease on wrong side of player when puck goes in. Isn't there a happy medium somewhere?

Reactions: mazmin

Do or Die

Jun 28, 2011
Whether it is a hot line, or a good looking PP, or balanced minutes....it gets scrapped to accommodate 55/26, in terms of roles and ice time.
The deal is...when will management figure out that this default position is simply not good enough?

Weezeric

Jan 27, 2015
Our PP when Lowry took over was cycling the puck and moving players… it looked really good - wheeler came back and we are right back to the cross ice pass or nothing plan

Did Wheeler kick your dog or something?

mazmin

Wig like a mink skin, soft like Twinkie dough
May 15, 2004
Winnipeg
This team needs a shake up. It clearly wasn’t PoMo.

Chevy better start selling ASAP and then I don’t want to see him back next year. Or Lowry. Time for new staff from the top down and another youth movement in the lineup.

Reactions: NorCalhockey

Teemusalami204

Jul 30, 2014
Winnipeg

Chevy better start selling ASAP and then I don’t want to see him back next year. Or Lowry. Time for new staff from the top down and another youth movement in the lineup.

Is Chipman going to let a coaching staff come in and bring their own vision ? Or will they hire a coach that continues the same vision ?

I don’t see a shake up coming .. just one of the same

mazmin

Wig like a mink skin, soft like Twinkie dough
May 15, 2004
Winnipeg
Is Chipman going to let a coaching staff come in and bring their own vision ? Or will they hire a coach that continues the same vision ?

Who knows what Chipper is thinking. I hope his glasses are tinted with sewage and not roses.

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
After this loss, the numbers according to Kenny & Renny, point to the Jets needing 0.731 winning percentage in the remaining games to make the playoffs.

JetsUK

Oct 1, 2015
After this loss, the numbers according to Kenny & Renny, point to the Jets needing 0.731 winning percentage in the remaining games to make the playoffs.

They can afford one less per week over the rest go March, while hoping that the teams above them start to lose ground, and I'm not sure that this team is the one to do that.

It's over, IMO. Time to start the whatever retool and come back next year stronger across the board.

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
Listening to Paul Edmonds on WST... man does this guy drink the Jets Kool-Aid. I don't want to hear nothing but the negative, but man, when your team has a serious stank on them , it's not all positive. Yeah, sure, if we had won all of our OT games we would be in the race, but guess what Paul.. WE DIDN'T.

Reactions: blues10 and DRW204

SSC4me

Jun 7, 2021

Every major league franchise is only as good as their owner. Unfortunately.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
Listening to Paul Edmonds on WST... man does this guy drink the Jets Kool-Aid. I don't want to hear nothing but the negative, but man, when your team has a serious stank on them , it's not all positive. Yeah, sure, if we had won all of our OT games we would be in the race, but guess what Paul.. WE DIDN'T.
he's always been that way. not only is he a horrible play by play guy, but his analysis on these shows is garbage too imo.

Reactions: blues10

leer2006

Jan 20, 2010
Transcona
Was just about to mention this myself. For as much as we bitch about the PP, it’s still almost top 1/3rd. The PP seems like a real microcosm of what plagues the team overall, terrible inconsistency. I think them being 12th is a testament of the high skill they all have. It’s certainly not how it’s run.
I think one of the reason’s the PP numbers are decent are do to the #1 unit putting up a good showing against weak opposition. Like Montreal where the pp was on fire.

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015

how do you know this? are you basing off of the results lowry is getting? because the only thing lowry has changed was the pk(which ironically got better..)

Zippity

Feb 3, 2013

Daddy Dubois as assistant and Pascal Vincent for head coach. Huddy is in for the long haul. Lol

Reactions: Teemusalami204

Orrrules

Mar 6, 2021
Jets need to pry someone out of the Penguins organization. They have Crosby, Malkin and Letang and then just fill in the blanks around them every year, it's crazy how they stay so competitive.

GumbyCan2

Jul 7, 2019
Warm & Sunny
Double whammy with Helly, this year:
He is been subpar more nites than certainly, we are used to......guy has played a ton of minutes the last number of years.....might be burnt.

Helly not anywhere near top form.....really exposes our warts on team D - not protecting the front of the net, bad turnovers, not covering the slot area, not picking up the trailer, and some kinda of "system" that has our D-men just running around, from pillar to post, in our own end.
Whole team play in our own end is lacking. I really thought Coach Dad Lowry woukd instill, demand and show this roster how being 200-feet responsible player with full-ice awareness and effort leads to a winning team and environment. I guess Dad Lowry does not run the bench or the practices, etc. Or he forgot how to teach to play on the defensive side of the puck!
Anyways, Huddy's "teaching, leading, overseeing" the defense is now turning Helleboy into a "loser" in 1st periods of 8 out of 10 games.
Would be better potential winning record if Jets could get 0 goals against in 1st 15 shots of each game ( of course while being able to score 1 on every 15 of their shots ). It seems like 3 of 5 games we are down 1-0 or 2-0 on 5 shots against, 9 shots against, type of deficits. Tough for any team to win way more than lose when trending this way, playing from behind, catch up.
Our defense needs a revamp of how to play in front of the goalie, the net and playing with your goalie, not against him!! Coaching change absolutely. Then look to retweeking the roster, the "core". Huddy is negative effect, absolutely exposing with the ( supposed ) upgrade defensive players. I am " missing the playoffs for sure this season" coupled with No bench changes and a couple key roster moves away from not using anymore valued energy or care-cells or cheers for this team.
Very close to buy-buy Jets. As interesting and worthy to me as the New Jersey Devils, not far off.
JMO and rant. Doesn't matter to any importance or world-changing or purpose. Chevy wil be Chevy, True north will True North and Chipman error on the sude of caution, respectability and internal loyalty.
Go Jets Go. One more time around anyways.

GumbyCan2

Jul 7, 2019
Warm & Sunny

Likely scenario,once again. Just put Chevy and Chipman behind the bench already. Nothing ever changes positively for too long anyways.

Reactions: Teemusalami204

GumbyCan2

Jul 7, 2019
Warm & Sunny
Or, get rid of all the coaches and put those Torterella caricatures faces on sticks back their. Then let 26 and 55 run the lines, icetime, etc. Progress!

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
I think one of the reason’s the PP numbers are decent are do to the #1 unit putting up a good showing against weak opposition. Like Montreal where the pp was on fire.
Possibly but would have to look that up. It’s not hard to quantify that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad