What could we get?

iggy

Aug 2, 2005
If the season falls apart and we are out of it by the trade deadline, what could we get for these players?

Martin

Pageau

Clutterbuck

Palmieri

Lee (Even if we have to eat half of his salary)

Last edited:

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
If the season falls apart and we are out of it by the trade deadline, what could we get for these players?

Martin

Pageau

Clutterbuck

Palmiere

Nothing

Next to nothing

Nothing

2nd or 3rd rounder and a prospect

Pick and a prospect, or an expiring contract

Glorydays22

Nov 21, 2011

Martin

Pageau

Clutterbuck

Palmieri

Martin - Nothing
Pageau - 2nd round at the deadline - teams always overpay at deadline
Clutter - Nothing - maybe a 6th
Palmieri - 2nd and a mid spect
Lee - are you serious? Nothing, we would need to give a pick up.

The Real JT

No diving allowed
Jul 2, 2018
Connecticut
Martin- Nothing
Pageau- 2nd rounder only if we retain
Clutter-4th round pick assuming he’s not injured
Palmieri-2nd rounder
Lee- I love the Captain but this will be costly for the Isles. I think it costs us at least a second round pick even with us retaining. Alternatively we send a second or third round pick and swap for another underperforming player with a shorter deal at a lower AAV.

Last edited:
Reactions: iggy

Sparksrus3

Jun 2, 2012

Martin - future cons

Pageau - 2nd.

Clutterbuck. - 4th

Palmieri. - 2nd

Lee (Even if we have to eat half of his salary). - Lee is so slow that by the time he joined his new team the season would be over..

• Haha

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
Retitle this thread...

"What difference does it make because Lou will NEVER sell players and why we are about to go into the dark ages for years."

Sheva7

Work Hahd Play Smaht
Oct 11, 2011
If the season falls apart the value those guys currently hold would sink down with the team.

We'd have to add picks/prospects or take back salary in order to move any of those players.

YearlyLottery

The Pooch Report
Feb 7, 2013
South Carolina
The team is on pace for like 106 points currently. That being said Palmieri likely nets you a decent return of a 2nd or so. Pageau we would be considered lucky to even get rid of that contract.

Reactions: Kevin27NYI

Throttle

Sep 22, 2020

Martin

Pageau

Clutterbuck

Palmieri

Can the Isles keep the rest of the under performers too please?

If Clutterbuck is healthy you guys think he'd have little to no value to a contender for the playoffs? As a pure rental with no term past this season? Okey dokey.
Old man Foligno netted a first from Dumbo… Clutter will have value to a playoff team and his $ is peanuts. His value will rise due to the competition from multiple teams.

Kevin27NYI

Aug 5, 2009
If Clutterbuck is healthy you guys think he'd have little to no value to a contender for the playoffs? As a pure rental with no term past this season? Okey dokey.
Waiting for comments of "Going to cost us firsts just to get rid of rentals and you know Lou loves trading firsts!"

Reactions: doublechili

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
Waiting for comments of "Going to cost us firsts just to get rid of rentals and you know Lou loves trading firsts!"
He should get a 6th or a 7th. Think Braydon Coburn’s price when we traded for him.

Bones45

Dec 7, 2005
N/A
We're 5-2-3 which makes the below line bizarre.

GF GA
27 27

Thats a concern. While our W/L record is good, our play, possession, and D hasn't been good. Without our stellar G, we'd be 2-5.

Is it the GM/Coach/Players/Bailey?

All possible.

Remember when that new team out West did so well with a bunch of exposed players from the free agent draft? Seems like the coach and his system and the players buying into that system is most important.

But what do I know.

Throttle

Sep 22, 2020

GF GA
27 27

Thats a concern. While our W/L record is good, our play, possession, and D hasn't been good. Without our stellar G, we'd be 2-5.

All possible.

Remember when that new team out West did so well with a bunch of exposed players from the free agent draft? Seems like the coach and his system and the players buying into that system is most important.

But what do I know.
Could be 2-7-1 and classified as a ‘cup contender’ w/o any depth, defense, and goaltending…but two really shiny toys up front…

Reactions: Kevin27NYI

The Real JT

No diving allowed
Jul 2, 2018
Connecticut

GF GA
27 27

All possible.

But what do I know.
Someone here also recently brought up the goal differential being an underrated measure of a team’s standing with respect to their rivals. I agree. It’s not high tech analysis but it’s worked pretty well over the years.

So far it tells me that this team is a middle of the pack club.

You added a question at the end of your post. That’s rhetorical, no?

Bones45

Dec 7, 2005
N/A
Someone here also recently brought up the goal differential being an underrated measure of a team’s standing with respect to their rivals. I agree. It’s not high tech analysis but it’s worked pretty well over the years.

So far it tells me that this team is a middle of the pack club.

You added a question at the end of your post. That’s rhetorical, no?
lol.. most definitely.....

Reactions: The Real JT

Throttle

Sep 22, 2020
Why is it either remain mediocre or Scott Gordon days for you guys?
I just don’t see Malkin wanting 5k fans in the building in year 1 or 2 of his village opening. That’s my driver behind ‘not the right time.’

I would prefer to see the Isles trade Barzal, which is going to alter how they play regular minutes, power play, 4/4, OT, etc. That trade will have an impact (say you swap for Tkachuk in OTT?). Continue to carve out the underperforming players. And if winning is that important, can Lambert and hire Queneville.

Sunset the 4th line this offseason. Look to move JGP mainly because JGP and Czikas are redundant once you move on Clutter and Martin.

If you want picks, then next season is when you can flip Palms and Nelson for 1sts and 2nds. Hold onto the first this year.

If rebuild/retool, the only players to keep around are Sorokin and Dobson.

Last edited:

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
I just don’t see Malkin wanting 5k fans in the building in year 1 or 2 of his village opening. That’s my driver behind ‘not the right time.’
You're laying it on extra thick here.

5,000 fans a game is when the Islanders had bottomed out in the bad old days, during one failed ownership after another. Do you really think if the Islanders announced a rebuild this summer, that their attendance would drop from a 14,000 average to a 5,000 average overnight?

Last edited:

The Real JT

No diving allowed
Jul 2, 2018
Connecticut
You're laying it on extra thick here.

5,000 fans a game is when the Islanders had bottomed out in the bad old days, during one failed ownership after another. Do you really think if the Islanders announced a rebuild this summer, that their attendance would drop from a 14,000 average to a 5,00 average overnight?
I think you missed a zero. :sarcasm: Otherwise those are numbers for a Bridgeport Baby Isles game on a snowy weeknight.

Reactions: Throttle

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad