What choices are going to be 2nd guessed by USA Hockey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
Enoch said:
He was horrible definsively, but he was clutch offensively and creating a lot of offensive chances. I won't hold his defensive issues against him that much as the whole forward core was pathetic in their back-checking, and the defense was pretty sad as well.

I thought Schremp started out poorly, but at this point I think he's been at the very least average defensively. He's put forth a good effort and competed, and IMO that's good enough for me. I also wouldn't label the entire forward group as pathetic when it comes to back-checking and defense. I thought guys like Callahan, Fristche, Stafford, and Kevin Porter did a nice job in that regard.

Enoch said:
I think the biggest hit to this US team was the bad goaltending and bad defense. Suter was the lone horse for team USA, and his partner was the abysmal Likens (shudder). Last year, Suter had Wisenewski and they both had tremendous chemistry together. Lets not forget Mark Stuart, as well, who was able to eat up 25+ minutes along with Suter and form a truly effective defensive unit.

I would agree that shoddy goaltending and poor defense caused alot of problems, but Montoya played much better against Sweden and Russia, as did the defense. Suter was the star on the blueline, but Borer and Hagemo also played well. Jeff Likens, Matt Hunwick, and Brian Lee were forgettable to say the least.

Rocky Saginuts

Jul 21, 2004
Hamildump, Ontario
I've been thinking about this, and here's what I've come up with.

The USA won the World Jr's last year when it was not in the USA.

The USA did not win the World Jr's this year, and it is in the USA.

My conclusion follows thusly: I think the USA picked the wrong year to win the tourney. They should have won it this year instead. This is done by scoring more goals than your opponent on that given night. That's what the USA should have done.

Hope that helps. :teach:

beerpaul*

:dunce: Note. The only team that could beat the Canadian team this year is an NHL team, and I'm sure there's some NHL teams that probably couldn't beat this team Canada. Recognize!!! :yo: :yo:
mpdman said:
I've been thinking about this, and here's what I've come up with.

The USA won the World Jr's last year when it was not in the USA.

The USA did not win the World Jr's this year, and it is in the USA.

My conclusion follows thusly: I think the USA picked the wrong year to win the tourney. They should have won it this year instead. This is done by scoring more goals than your opponent on that given night. That's what the USA should have done.

Hope that helps. :teach:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad