What are your goals for the rest of the Islander’s season?

The Real JT

No diving allowed
Jul 2, 2018
Connecticut
I’d like to see continued progression in some of the younger players like Holmstrom and MacLean. Frankly Holmstrom looks like he has hit a wall and I haven’t been particularly impressed with his play lately.

I’d also like to see improvement in the productivity and play of Lee, Palmeri, Cizikas and Pageau. In large part, I want to see this because the Isles need to trade one or more of them in the off-season. The better they look now, the better are trading options will be. I’ll add Nelson to that list but not because he is a liability but more because I think this franchise will be better off if he is traded either in the off-season or at next year‘s TDL. I shudder to think what this team would be without him though. At least shedding salary will give us the chance of adding some other talent to replace him.

Lastly, I wouldn’t mind seeing a guy like Maggio get a cup of coffee before the season is done.

Last edited:

NYI365

Let's Go Islanders!
Jun 5, 2011
Merrick, NY
I would say the boos to progress louder and louder but I think the fan base has largely reached the point of apathy

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
To see Patrick Roy have another candid moment with the media after a game and say that the team lacks the type of players he needs to play his system.

Reactions: chico19341

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
Squeak into the playoffs and lose in 4 games because that's really fun
Come on, there's nothing more rousing than roaring back in Game 82 to make the playoffs on the last day of the season. Then another chance to order Prove People Wrong t-shirts for all the pundits and so called experts counting us out.

We live for this stuff.

• Haha
Reactions: Lame Lambert

Torrey Redux

Please!
Apr 25, 2022
Philadelphia, PA
This season is a wash. Time to start considering the future for the Islanders.
Lose every game except the one against the Rangers. The Isles need draft capital
and they need picks in the top 10 if possible. Lou should have been a major seller at the
deadline. Time to move on for this season.
Make the playoffs.

Show some f***ing pride.
The Ying and the Yang. It may surprise some to hear it from me, but they should try to make the playoffs. I don't think they can lose enough to get a lottery spot and it's not a deep draft anyway so they might as well fight as hard as they can to make it. "Don't cost nothin'" as they used to say when I lived in rural upstate NY.

Meanwhile, and far more importantly, they should be identifying who the new GM will be for the coming rebuild.

Reactions: chico19341

Nizami Ganjavi

Greasy Meatball
Jul 27, 2022
Lose every game except the one against the Rangers. The Isles need draft capital
and they need picks in the top 10 if possible. Lou should have been a major seller at the
Yuck.

Throttle

Sep 22, 2020
I think this is the annual rite of passage post for 30 years.

Just imagine if they had one pick and used it on Wally vs the two and got Wally and Dobson. Wowzer, DaColle special worthy of rebuilding.

Nizami Ganjavi

Greasy Meatball
Jul 27, 2022
The same people who are hoping for a complete rebuild, and chastising anyone that supports the current team as having low expectations, are also the same ones actively hoping the team loses and devolves into a perennial loser. Interesting.

I think this is the annual rite of passage post for 30 years.
"Thank you sir may I have another..."

Lame Lambert

Fire Lou
Mar 5, 2015
The same people who are hoping for a complete rebuild, and chastising anyone that supports the current team as having low expectations, are also the same ones actively hoping the team loses and devolves into a perennial loser. Interesting.

"Thank you sir may I have another..."
Because we've been a perennial winner these last 3 seasons?

leeroggy

Jan 3, 2010
First, I need to eliminate my 2024 virginity streak

Reach the 100 mark in Substack paid subscribers. I'm at 71 currently.

Post a $368 million bond in case I'm charged with libel for my posts here

See Perif SMILE and not just on his avatar

Have Josh Bailey Day in Bones' backyard

Meet Sophie Marceau for Happy Hour

Holmstrom gets a hatty so The Real JT has to do a mea culpa

Matt Martin announces his retirement next week

Sebastian Aho goes on a tear just to piss people off

Anders Lee, come get the Cup! Lou celebrates by channeling Michael Ontkean at the end of Slap Shot . . . Joy Behar faints the next day on The View and Borelli's gives away Double Mozz . . .

Nizami Ganjavi

Greasy Meatball
Jul 27, 2022

Anders Lee, come get the Cup! Lou celebrates by channeling Michael Ontkean at the end of Slap Shot . . . Joy Behar faints the next day on The View and Borelli's gives away Double Mozz . . .
I think I understood about 1/2 of these, lol :)

Lame Lambert

Fire Lou
Mar 5, 2015
These last three seasons will seem like the dynasty years in comparison if they embark on a complete tear down.
Winning the Stanley Cup is not relative. I'm also not advocating for a "complete tear down"; I'm advocating for a new, competent front office. If they decide that trading Barzal and Sorokin is the best option, that's their decision.

Nizami Ganjavi

Greasy Meatball
Jul 27, 2022
Winning the Stanley Cup is not relative. I'm also not advocating for a "complete tear down"; I'm advocating for a new, competent front office. If they decide that trading Barzal and Sorokin is the best option, that's their decision.
Fair enough.

The Real JT

No diving allowed
Jul 2, 2018
Connecticut

Nice list. I approve though I’m not particularly worried about the possibility of a Holmstrom hatty. In fact, if it does happen then I’ll personally pay for his Invisalign treatments.

I’ll add Trouba catching an accidental elbow headshot from Clutter in the last Rags game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad