Speculation: What are the chances cammy re-ups in calgary?

Sep 12, 2012
It depends on how much money/term he's asking for.
He'll get top 6 icetime with the Flames guaranteed, and the UFA market for wingers this summer will heavily favor the buyer's, much the same as the deadline. Cammy may not get a better deal elsewhere.

He wants to go to a contender, but I don't really see that happening.
40/60 he stays/goes.

Sparky93

Dec 30, 2010
I really don't see there being much interest in Cammy for the type of salary he's accustomed to. Flames have the cap space and may give him a much better offer than he'd receive anywhere else. I think there's a slim chance we could see him back.

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
I think its most likely he signs a 1 or 2 year extension at around similar salary. Dont see him getting a raise here or elsewhere.

Semoner403

Feb 20, 2006
calgary
Calgary is going to throw a bunch of money at someone, they have to. Gotta hit the floor and have always said they're still going to be a cap team. So when the times right they'll go all in again, but until then it looks like one or more players are gonna get a crap ton of money thrown at them this off season. Just hope it's someone who deserves it and will leave no regrets. Don't want a clarckson type deal.

Rockmorton

Oct 26, 2011
From one of the various press conferences / interviews following the trade deadline, I recall hearing that it was Cammalleri's camp that re-initiated discussion on a contract extension. So I'd say the chances are pretty good he's signed to an extension at some point.

Don't forget, he has a wife and a little kid now, which have a habit of changing guys priorities. I can't say for certain, but maybe he's looking for security for his family while playing for a good organization (ala Detroit).

Bosnian Beast

Formerly Janko Unchained
Dec 30, 2010
Lethbridge, AB
... And Calgary isn't a good organization? If he wants security for his family, why would he subject them to moving half way across the continent? He might want out of Calgary, but that security argument isn't very strong, imo.

Rockmorton

Oct 26, 2011
... And Calgary isn't a good organization? If he wants security for his family, why would he subject them to moving half way across the continent? He might want out of Calgary, but that security argument isn't very strong, imo.

No, no, I may have misspoken. I meant that he may want to resign with Calgary for security, because the Flames are an organization that treats it's players very well, like Detroit does with its players. I've heard there are players that want to play for the Wings for that reason, alone.

(Unfortunately for the Red Wings, with the city the way it currently is, I can't imagine anyone wanting to raise a family in Detroit.)

Nordberg

Sep 22, 2009
Landskrona
No, no, I may have misspoken. I meant that he may want to resign with Calgary for security, because the Flames are an organization that treats it's players very well, like Detroit does with its players. I've heard there are players that want to play for the Wings for that reason, alone.

(Unfortunately for the Red Wings, with the city the way it currently is, I can't imagine anyone wanting to raise a family in Detroit.)
None of the Red Wings live in Detroit though. The city has some very nice suburbs.

Rockmorton

Oct 26, 2011
I think the Flames are more likely to add salary via trade over FA.

I can actually see both. There are some attractive RFA's out there I could see Burke trading for. There a few UFAs as well. Should be a fun summer.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
What are the chance Butler re-ups in Calgary?

I heard Burke say he's already started talks on an extension, but it didn't sound as if anything was imminent. There's a definite chance he could be, but I wouldn't be able to venture to say how likely it is. I think a lot of it will likely depend on if Burke or our new GM acquires an upgrade on D over Butler once the playoffs are over. If that happens, he's likely a goner.

MarkGio

Nov 6, 2010
What are the chance Butler re-ups in Calgary?

We'll see how Wotherspoon plays this year. But I think the chances are pretty good. Even though we know what we got in Bulter, the devil you know is better than the devil you don't. And we know Butler is good for a fairly decent 20 mins if you need him to be.

Sep 12, 2012
I heard Burke say he's already started talks on an extension, but it didn't sound as if anything was imminent. There's a definite chance he could be, but I wouldn't be able to venture to say how likely it is. I think a lot of it will likely depend on if Burke or our new GM acquires an upgrade on D over Butler once the playoffs are over. If that happens, he's likely a goner.

Aaaaand I just died a little more inside.

Please, no more Butler. Let him be mediocre-bad somewhere else.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad