OOT Scoreboard 2023-24 playoffs

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Bummer when a goalie stands on his head and lets that one in as the OT winner.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
Will never get tired of watching the Leafs or I’m sorry, the Passion, consistently fall on their faces year after year.
IMG_20240428_084950.jpg

Camille the Eel

Usually I enjoy watching the playoffs when the devils aren’t in because it’s stress free, but I just can’t get into it this year! I don’t even particularly like the NBA and I’ve been watching way more of that.
That’s because the series and the hockey so far have in fact been incredibly dull.

Unlike other years there really has not been a decent or entertaining first round series yet, at least not in the East and available at a decent watching TV hour.

Washington may get swept today. If not, every series will be 3 -1 and three of them will have started out 3 - 0. There have been next to no overtime games and the play of the games, subjectively, has been almost totally lacking in drama.

Game 2 in Raleigh where the Canes dominated and the Isles held them off until giving up 3 goals in the final 2 minutes was about the most absorbing one in the East, but only because they were getting the shit kicked out of them and the question was whether they could possibly stumble to the bell on their feet.

This hardly makes for absorbing TV watching. And within these parameters the hockey has been pretty dull, except for maybe some 5 or 6 minute spurts of the first couple of Tampa against Florida games.

Edit to say that the Nashville - Vancouver series has potential and seems like it will continue close. But half of it has happened at 1:00 a.m. eastern time and there’s also a limit to how exciting a game can be where one team gets all of 12 shots on goal.

Last edited:

guitarguyvic

Mar 31, 2010
I feel like every year when the Devils aren't in the playoffs people here saying it's dull and not the same as other years lol.

Call Me Al

Aug 28, 2017
I feel like every year when the Devils aren't in the playoffs people here saying it's dull and not the same as other years lol.
nah, usually the first rounds are the most exciting but with so many shitty teams in the east and the leafs being the leafs there’s no drama and very little intensity. it’s a down year for sure

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
The East, especially the metro, being pretty non competitive hasn't helped perspective here in NJ.

Personally, I've never really gotten into a non Devils playoff series.

Reactions: NJDevs26

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Sheldon Keefe is another shit coach.

Reaves and the 4th line out there with just 3-4 minutes left in the game when down by two.

I’ve never had much of an opinion on him before, but I’m pretty sure he isn’t good.

And he’s definitely getting ganked after this. Especially with the new GM that didn’t even hire him.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I find it funny that Tavares is part of what the Leafs call their ''Core Four''.

He's got only one more year left on his deal now and he's gotta be about 33? 34 next year?

I wouldn't be surprised if he's a cap dump this offseason.

Anyone think it's possible they'll go after Stamkos if Tampa don't re-sign him, then dump the last year of Tavares? And Stamkos replaces Tavares just as a bit of a shake up? Especially if they can get Stamkos for every cheaper than what Tavares's cap hit is next year.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
What's everyone's favorite series so far?
Avalanche/Jets probably

But Lightning vs Panthers has been really good.

Capitals vs Rangers is by far the most boring and unwatchable because of how terrible the Capitals are. That series is significantly more boring than Islanders vs Hurricanes.

Reactions: Dylan9z9

Poppy Whoa Sonnet

J'Accuse!
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2007
nah, usually the first rounds are the most exciting but with so many shitty teams in the east and the leafs being the leafs there’s no drama and very little intensity. it’s a down year for sure
Hopefully some series get to at least 6 games and things pick up

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
IMG_3734.gif

Live look at Winnipeg

Avs absolutely caving the jets
They’ve been doing it the entire series. All they need to do is get a few saves and they have dominated the whole series.

And literally not much more than a few saves, because they don’t really need more than a few against Winnipeg right now. They’ve barely generated anything.

jkrdevil

UnRegistered User
Apr 24, 2006
Miami
The games in Florida-Tampa have been good, it just the first three games fell Florida’s way (Florida is better but Tampa could have won any of those three).

But the first round kind of needs Dallas to come back to save it.

And wow, Makar!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad