What are some of the once plausible, now laughible prospect analysis's you have seen?

Killion

Feb 19, 2010
Erik Rasmusen, Sabres, Devils.

"Prototypical NHL Forward."

:eek:

.... :laugh: Honestly what does that even mean, "prototypical forward"? Sounds like cover, a catch all catch phrase for someone who really doesnt know what their talking about, didnt do much Scouting, not a lot on the player, reports far from thorough.... seriously..... like a template; "ya, he's a prototypical (Forward, Defenceman or Goalie) ____________ " and just fill in the blank.... leave it up to the imagination of ones audience to figure it out, imagining whatever they want.

Killion

Feb 19, 2010
In THN’s 1992 Future Watch edition, a Whalers scout was quoted as saying some people in Sweden were comparing Michael Nylander’s game to Wayne Gretzky.

Thats fun.... hear, see this kinda thing all the time really, nothing new. Contemporaneously or greats long retired with Juniors, comparisons be it Gretzky, Orr, Coffey or whomever with various Wonderkids over the years & decades.... rather like bands & musicians whereby based on a single initial release, the hype machine kicking in... over the years "the Bee Gee's, Badfinger, The Knack, Bay City Rollers, Oasis, Terence Trent D'Arby - One Direction are the next Beatles".... Ya. How did that work out, workin 4ya? :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Reactions: Habsfan18

LemmyUlanov55

4th line grinder
Apr 3, 2016
Entertaining thread.
I guess every scout & TV pundit has made some really bad predictions about players, no matter what sport it is.

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
If you've seen what people used to wear in Slovakia in the 90s, you would've complimented him for being a good dresser.

haha, i guess i prefer ziggy palffy's mullet.

zigmund-palffy-1995-52.jpg

SealsFan

May 3, 2009
18-year-old d-man Rick Hampton was touted as the next Bobby Orr...
82019216.jpg

Another highly-touted Swedish d-man when the club moved to Cleveland...

latest

Bjorn Johansson

Last edited:
Reactions: Killion

mrhockey193195

Nov 14, 2006
Denver, CO
In his draft year, Stephen Weiss drew comparisons to Joe Sakic and Steve Yzerman.

Juuuuust a tad bit off.
So did Turris, and Lundmark, and Legwand. I feel like every year, there's that one center that is supposed to go #2 or #3 that draws comparisons to Steve and Joe.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad