What’s the Greatest Hockey Movie of All Time?

What’s the Greatest Hockey Movie of All Time?

• Slap Shot

• Miracle

• The Mighty Ducks

• Happy Gilmore

• Goon

• Mystery, Alaska

• Red Army

• Sudden Death

• Youngblood

• The Rocket

• The Rookies

• The Cutting Edge

Results are only viewable after voting.

Canadiens Ghost

Mr. Objectivity
Dec 14, 2011
Smurfland
Slap Shot (including one of the best French traduction and certainly the most legendary one) is such a great movie.
Les Boys at the time would have been a good for your consideration, but like the first Good Cop, Bad Cop I am not sure if it aged well, Slap Shot did pass the test of time many time by now.

The French (Quebec) translation of Slapshot is hilarious and I find it personally better than the original English version which is also very good of course. It's iconic here in our province.

And although not a movie, the first couple seasons of Lance et Compte were also memorable.

Reactions: Dutronc

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
Voted Happy Gilmour as that is the best movie on the list.

Might Ducks is the better hockey movie though.

Didn't really care for Slapshot. Pretty average with just a couple of laughs.

libertarian

Jul 27, 2017
Middle Earth
I am not a big fan of comedies or hockey movies but when I was young I loved Slap Shot, Airplane, and Caddy Shack.

So Slap Shot.

Happy Gilmore and Cutting edge are not hockey moves.

Rockomax

Jan 16, 2007
Mtl
The Rocket followed by Miracle imo. Slapshot is funny when you are 15, but ages terribly.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
MV5BMjAwMzY4OTYxM15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMTI1Mjc4ODE@._V1_.jpg

And for the first time in my life I’m using the term AINEC

I Hate Blake Coleman

Bandwagon Burner
Jul 22, 2008
Saskatchewan
I voted for Miracle, since it gets all the praise from what I remember. I also really liked it. My favourite is probably D2 tho.

Mystery, Alaska was f***in' weird, man. Hank Azaria's character gets piss drunk and DUIs a zamboni in that movie.

Reactions: stl76

HugeInTheShire

You may not like me but, I'm Huge in the Shire
Mar 8, 2021
Alberta
Slap Shot is by far the best hockey movie ever made, yes it's dated but it's still amazing!
at least once every couple days at my workplace someone quotes this movie
we are constantly putting on the foil or feeling shame

Reactions: JAK

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Miracle is my favorite. The picture of Brooks at the end credits with "He never saw this movie. He lived it" gets me every time :cry:

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
As I kid I thought Mighty Ducks was the best and as I got older I came to appreciate Slap Shot a lot more.
When Miracle came out it was my favorite.... but The Rocket. Damn that was an awesome film.
If Mighty Ducks didn't have any sequels I think it would have aged better for me.

BraveCanadian

Jun 30, 2010
I think it has to be Slapshot even though it is quite dated now. Honorable mention for Liev absolutely killing it in Goon (bit of language in there):

Makes a great avatar.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad