What’s the Greatest Hockey Movie of All Time?

What’s the Greatest Hockey Movie of All Time?

• Slap Shot

• Miracle

• The Mighty Ducks

• Happy Gilmore

• Goon

• Mystery, Alaska

• Red Army

• Sudden Death

• Youngblood

• The Rocket

• The Rookies

• The Cutting Edge

Results are only viewable after voting.

Bouboumaster

Jul 4, 2014
It's "The Rocket" by a huge margin, but the most funs are Slap Shot, Goon (the "Slap Shot" of my generation) and Mighty Ducks.

Also, wtf Happy Gilmore lol

Habsfan18

The Hockey Library
May 13, 2003
Ontario
MV5BNzEwODM1NGQtYjhkOS00NTE0LThkNzAtMTRiNjBlZmJjYzUxXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMjUyNDk2ODc@._V1_.jpg

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Miracle is an okay movie with some great scenes/moments but it has serious pacing problems.

Happy Gilmore is not a hockey movie.

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
I’ll go with Mighty Ducks, my uncle & older family members find Slapshot hilarious but idk. It’s so dated & the slapstick comedy just doesn’t resonate with me, I was born well after the Mighty Ducks though so may just be a generational thing.

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
It's "The Rocket" by a huge margin, but the most funs are Slap Shot, Goon (the "Slap Shot" of my generation) and Mighty Ducks.

Also, wtf Happy Gilmore lol
Miracle is an okay movie with some great scenes/moments but it has serious pacing problems.

Happy Gilmore is not a hockey movie.
Lmao I saw it on a few lists online and assumed it was a hockey movie, can a mod edit it out?

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Mighty Ducks was the most influential, but I preferred Goon to every movie on this list (except Gilmore, which is not a hockey flick).

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Youngblood.

Not on the list is Legend No. 17. It’s a Russian film about Valeri Kharlamov and the Summit Series as well. The hockey scenes are pretty decent, it’s easy to find on YouTube, had to guess what they were saying but it was a decent watch.

Reactions: bert

MadLuke

Jan 18, 2011
If we would have watching it more, maybe Indian Horse would be a candidate, but Slap Shot (including one of the best French traduction and certainly the most legendary one) is such a great movie.

Goon has well was made with the French version in mind (by an ex-Montrealer) and was really good, the sequel was bad too.

That ranking do seem not bad:
The Best Hockey Movies of All Time

Les Boys at the time would have been a good for your consideration, but like the first Good Cop, Bad Cop I am not sure if it aged well, Slap Shot did pass the test of time many time by now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad