We've had no drama at all this year.

I Believe

Mar 5, 2011
Toronto
You don't see that too often with us. This year has been pretty refreshing I gotta say. Bottom 5 in the standings and yet the media isn't freaking out about it, fans aren't freaking about it, no jerseys are getting tossed on the ice.

Most of our tradable players have played well enough to increase their value.
Marlies are the best team in the AHL.
Prospect pool is absolutely stacked.
Got another blue chipper on the way with our 1st.
We have lots of extra picks already and yet we've barely begun to sell off. We could be adding disgusting amounts of talent this draft.

Future is looking bright. I am loving this year so far. So much better then what i've been used to :nod:

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
No drama? What about the goaltending drama, more specifically the Bernier drama?

They are playing as expected, a team well coached but with awful depth in terms of NHL ready skill.

One thing Lamoriello and Babcock did well before the season was to put the expectations SUPER low... and they are playing like they probably expected.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
As SprDave noted, the goaltending performance/starter discussion has been there, but otherwise...yeah I agree, pretty quiet.

deletethis

Mar 17, 2015
Toronto
It's still early. The honeymoon is almost over. I've been hearing signs of more pointed questions in the media scrums after the new year. Media entities are hurting for readers. They're waiting patiently for something to build into a controversy.

Terrible GM

Jul 10, 2013
Maritimes
The drama truck had to make deliveries to Montreal. I hear the 18 wheeler is having issues staying on the road. I expect it to remain there for repairs for a while.

egd27

Donec nunc annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
Wait until deadline day.

If they are only able to move 1 or 2 guys for scraps, instead of this massive sell off many are expecting, there is going to be some major bi*ching going on.

Brewsky

King Of The Ice Mugs
Jan 26, 2011
King County
www.brewsky.com
When you pay more attention to the OHL and AHL for your prospects, you neglect the NHL team. So no drama to really care for.

I'm asleep this Leafs season, wake me up when the draft is here. That's when my interest rises.

pspot

Dec 20, 2004
Kitchener
amazing what happens when your most talented player isn't undermining the coach and captain.....or doesn't happen i guess

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Most of it stemmed from Kessel TBH.

With the exception of Bernier being a goof, and Reimer being good, it's been very quiet.

BackHandShelf22

Apr 12, 2014
Shannahan has done a marvelous job putting a concrete plan in place. And Babcock has gotten the players putting forth consistent effort even if the wins aren't there. I'm sure there will be some pressure next season, and more so the year after that. I'm just glad the leafs can go about their business in a respectful manor. The tabloids can go after the habs. :naughty:

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
(sigh)

i kinda miss some of the drama. (NOT the extent as it was last year...) but i mean. there's. noooooooooooooooothing. like even the goalie stuff wasn't really drama. it was just. there.

i misss the rumours. :laugh:

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
I think the idiots with the Jersey tossing, etc have lost interest. Not really fans in the 1st place.

Schenn

In Rod We Trust
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2009
Huron County
(sigh)

i kinda miss some of the drama. (NOT the extent as it was last year...) but i mean. there's. noooooooooooooooothing. like even the goalie stuff wasn't really drama. it was just. there.

i misss the rumours. :laugh:

I disagree. This has been a breath of fresh air. I love how low the leafs are flying under the radar in Toronto this year considering they are so bad. Not near as toxic for the young guys.

Hopefully this is not a jinx thread.

HarrisonFord

President of the Drew Doughty Fan Club
Jul 20, 2011
Toronto
I've also noticed the lack of Steve Simmonds stupid writing this year too, which makes me happy

BackHandShelf22

Apr 12, 2014
I think the idiots with the Jersey tossing, etc have lost interest.

Remember the "hats are thrown on the ice for hattricks so that means I should be able to throw other articles of clothing at any point" argument? Those were classic.

TLeafsFan

A True BeLeafer
May 16, 2014
Eastern Ontario
I've said the same thing other than the media trying to stir up a goaltending controversy with Babcock that just didn't exist.

Lou will keep the hyenas at bay, too.

TLeafsFan

A True BeLeafer
May 16, 2014
Eastern Ontario
How's this for some drama?

CNIB-bxWIAEw51v.jpg

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
If people think that the goalie performance is a drama, they clearly only started watching the Leafs this year.

I'm pretty sure it was a lot more then that. Assigning Bernier to a conditioning stint, not winning for 10+ games, looking awful. Then you have a rookie coming in posting good numbers and looking good. Reimer dominating as well. "Bernier traded?" "Bernier done in TO?"

It wasn't a meltdown situation, but it was some drama nonetheless. Right now though the 'drama' has subsided into a "whatever" situation among most people, especially since Bernier has returned to form somewhat.

Anthrax442

Aug 4, 2008
Toronto
www.russianroulette.ca
I'm pretty sure it was a lot more then that. Assigning Bernier to a conditioning stint, not winning for 10+ games, looking awful. Then you have a rookie coming in posting good numbers and looking good. Reimer dominating as well. "Bernier traded?" "Bernier done in TO?"

It wasn't a meltdown situation, but it was some drama nonetheless. Right now though the 'drama' has subsided into a "whatever" situation among most people, especially since Bernier has returned to form somewhat.

That was no drama. that's barely a controversy. He went down, he had few good games, he came back, he played better. Zzzzzzzzzzzz

deletethis

Mar 17, 2015
Toronto
What was the bigger drama? A couple articles of clothing thrown on the ice (maybe even by opposition fans) or the massive overreaction to it by fans and players?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad