Pre-Game Talk: West Coast Road trip

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
4 games of Canes after dark. 1 Saturday matinee in LA, and ending in the LoVeLy city of Philadelphia.

predictions for the road trip? I say 3-3 is the worst case, 4-2 is most likely, 5-1 is very likely, and 6-0 is definitely possible. I’ll go with 4-2 but my heart wants to say 5-1.

One of these (probably when im too old to do it), I would like to have the time and money to follow the Canes around one of these western swings.

We get Nino and Raanta back. I am assuming Necas travels and plays when feeling better. I wonder if Pesce travels.

Last edited:

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
Both the Ducks (7-1-2 in their last 10) and the Kings (7-2-1 in their last 10) will be tough matches.

Honestly, with it being West Coast games against difficult opponents, I wouldn't be surprised if we finished the trip with a losing record. It's not like we've been dominating games lately.

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
It's certainly looking like a rougher trip than before the year started. Now, on the one hand, I still think we are better than many of these teams. On the other western swings are hard. I kinda feel we'll have a weird 3-1-2 trip or some such. If we can slowly get a couple of guys back in and not have much trouble incorporating them back in, it could be better.

Nikishin Go Boom

Jul 31, 2017
These trips are always great for team bonding. A Jarvis decision may occur as well during this period.

Hopefully, along with hockey, guys will get a chance to play some golf in Vegas and Cali.

Go Canes!!!!
With Nino coming back, we’ll see where Jarvis slots in the lineup.

i’d like to see:
SAT
Nino-Tro-Jarvis
Kotkaniemi-Staal-Fast
Marty-Stepan-Lorentz

Nikishin Go Boom

Jul 31, 2017
It's certainly looking like a rougher trip than before the year started. Now, on the one hand, I still think we are better than many of these teams. On the other western swings are hard. I kinda feel we'll have a weird 3-1-2 trip or some such. If we can slowly get a couple of guys back in and not have much trouble incorporating them back in, it could be better.
Idk. Anaheim has the easiest schedule so far. Their last 10 have been Seattle, Arz x2, NJD x 2, Mon x 2, STL and Van x 2.

SJS, not really sure how to feel about them. Their schedule hasn’t been easy and their results haven’t been great.

LA is middle of the road schedule wise and results have been good.

Vegas has a ton of injuries. I believe Martinez will be out cuz he caught a skate and had to have 50 stitches in his head. Stone did come back. Roy is their 1C.

seattle is well a product of Francis playing it conservatively.

Reactions: Tryamw

AhosDatsyukian

Sep 25, 2020
With Nino coming back, we’ll see where Jarvis slots in the lineup.

i’d like to see:
SAT
Nino-Tro-Jarvis
Kotkaniemi-Staal-Fast
Marty-Stepan-Lorentz

I'd put Nino back with Staal and Fast, those 3 were an absolute force together and I'd like to keep it that way when fully healthy.

Also, where's the good Marty???

Reactions: Tryamw

AhosDatsyukian

Sep 25, 2020
I know you guys had decided to hand off the GDT choice to @Gocanes0506 but with his blessing I am going to step in and do a one off for tomorrow's game because I need to. I have not done one before but I hope you'll understand once it's done.

Yes you are up and you stay in the rotation with @MrazeksVengeance until you lose. Good luck. We are all counting on you

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad