We're Officially doing a HF Hawks Bandwagon Draft. Draft is over, go teams!

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Well.. at least he's not last...

*slow clap*
The Devils and Avs are the two last teams and both seem like a blast to be a bandwagon fan for. DHF got one of the worst options imaginable. I'd almost feel bad if I cared at all.

Also, it took me a second to realize you were you. Man are these avatar changes going to be hard to remember. I'm gonna try sticking with one of Chara and Hossa just to get a bit of both worlds.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Well, the Wild didn’t want any of us so I fell on the sword. I am actually excited to interact with the Wild fans on whatever level they dictate it to be. If you take even just a little time to consider the circumstances, I am nothing short of a hero.
You're more than welcome to interact with us, I think it's more the "idea" of a Hawks bandwagon fan than anything personal. Minnesota fans welcome any hockey fan who posts in good faith!

For what it's worth, welcome aboard!

Reactions: ChiHawks10

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
You're more than welcome to interact with us, I think it's more the "idea" of a Hawks bandwagon fan than anything personal. Minnesota fans welcome any hockey fan who posts in good faith!

For what it's worth, welcome aboard!

Is there really this much hate between Hawks and Wild fans, honestly? I mean... I know you guys constantly had to go through us in the playoffs, but I never really saw any kind of fan vs fan hatred between the two bases.

It did drive (me personally) nuts the year we swept you guys because lots of Wild fans said the Hawks had no chance in that series, but there was still never any heated rivalry there, IMO.

I do get why Wild fans would hold the Hawks, as a team, in contempt, after almost a decade of having to go through them in the POs and not succeeding... I just don't quite see why there would be serious animosity between the two fanbases. It's not like it's a Hawks/Wings(pre-EC move) or a Blues/Hawks rivalry with a ton of history.

:dunno:

Welcome to the thread, though! :thumbu:

Reactions: TaLoN

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Is there really this much hate between Hawks and Wild fans, honestly? I mean... I know you guys constantly had to go through us in the playoffs, but I never really saw any kind of fan vs fan hatred between the two bases.

It did drive (me personally) nuts the year we swept you guys because lots of Wild fans said the Hawks had no chance in that series, but there was still never any heated rivalry there, IMO.

I do get why Wild fans would hold the Hawks, as a team, in contempt, after almost a decade of having to go through them in the POs and not succeeding... I just don't quite see why there would be serious animosity between the two fanbases. It's not like it's a Hawks/Wings(pre-EC move) or a Blues/Hawks rivalry with a ton of history.

:dunno:

Welcome to the thread, though! :thumbu:
I don't think there's any real animosity between fans at all, like I said, it's more the idea of it than anything else.

The real animosity for us as fans, is with the Avs fans... There is some real dislike going on between fanbases there. With Chicago, it's more just a dislike of the franchise etc. Nothing has ever really developed between fans themselves.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
I don't think there's any real animosity between fans at all, like I said, it's more the idea of it than anything else.

The real animosity for us as fans, is with the Avs fans... There is some real dislike going on between fanbases there. With Chicago, it's more just a dislike of the franchise etc. Nothing has ever really developed between fans themselves.

Got it. It's all just for fun, anyways. :) The bandwagon draft, that is.

Reactions: TaLoN

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
New avatars are still throwing me off. Even my own.

How do you add an avatar? It seems like I need to first save it to my phone then upload it, but I don’t know how to save it.

I can save it if I click on someone else’s existing avatar but not from Imgur.

Last edited:

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Update:
Piteus was selected by the Sharks mainly due to his avatar.

BK is going to Hollywood...or Dollywood, I'm not 100% certain.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
How do you add an avatar? It seems like I need to first save it to my phone then upload it, but I don’t know how to save it.

I can save it if I click on someone else’s existing avatar but not from Imgur.

tumblr_p71591ZG631w8vvh3o1_250.gif

here it is on Tumblr. Maybe that'll help. Don't know with you being on mobile.

Reactions: ColdSteel2

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
tumblr_p71591ZG631w8vvh3o1_250.gif

here it is on Tumblr. Maybe that'll help. Don't know with you being on mobile.

Yep, that makes all of the difference. I’ll have to switch between Wild and Knights, both have been very welcoming.

How about those Vegas avatars? You guys should head over and take a look at them, knocked it out of the park in their first year.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
I don't know about those Vegas avatars. Any reference to Mad TV instantly makes my gag reflex start going. Thy're just the poorer, less intelligent SNL.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
I don't know about those Vegas avatars. Any reference to Mad TV instantly makes my gag reflex start going. Thy're just the poorer, less intelligent SNL.

True, but Lowered Expectations was SNL worthy. Same with Homie the Clown from In Living Color (although you might not have got to watch that show, it was on when I was a little kid).

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
True, but Lowered Expectations was SNL worthy. Same with Homie the Clown from In Living Color (although you might not have got to watch that show, it was on when I was a little kid).
Yeah, I'm going to guess your a bit older than I am...

Edit: 90-94? Man that show isn't quite as old as I thought. Still, I couldn't talk in sentences at that point in time.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Yeah, I am. My parents had no restrictions on what I watched so I watched TV with them. I kinda skipped by the cartoon stage and went straight to rated R TV at 5, definitely played a factor in who I am today, lol.
I didn't watch R rated content until my teens and yet I'm a complete and total smartass. Probably Most definitely the funniest person here.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad