Post-Game Talk: We're Number 6 - Jets win 4-3 SO

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
I'm perfectly fine with this. Petan-Copp-Armia better be a line to start next year, They've been our second best line for quite a few games now.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Blake Scheifele and Mark Wheeler are good. Is it just me, or is this team much more dynamic without Ladd, and with the kids taking over. The SEW line is ridiculous. Glad Wheeler and Scheifele end the season on a high note.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Well highlight of the year is Sutter shielding Kopitar from Scheifele lol.

Great game by the team:

I was real impressed by the youth:

Scheifele, Ehlers, Petan and Trouba , Copp and Lowry where all real strong.

Wheeler and Buff where great as well.

If this team can stay out of the box next year and get good goaltending I think we surprise a lot of teams.

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
Can't remember being this disgusted at the team since the back to back home loss to Washington. They are the worst

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
Fraud City MB
Respect to a team that never gave up, don't care what the opposition was doing, they may have missed the playoffs but they played right to the end.

pegjets

Oh Canada
Apr 4, 2013
As much as I wanted a tank, it's nice to see the kids on fire to end the season. Our first line is deadly - here's to some draft luck and hopefully some offseason assistant coaching changes.

chunkylover53

Nov 26, 2013
Hmmm whats the tiebreaker between the Coyotes and Jets? Seems like they have the same record? Oh wait Jets won the h2h

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Blake Scheifele and Mark Wheeler are good. Is it just me, or is this team much more dynamic without Ladd, and with the kids taking over. The SEW line is ridiculous. Glad Wheeler and Scheifele end the season on a high note.

We are moving away from a chip.and chase team to a team that can make plays with the puck. I've been really impressed with not only SEW but with how Andrew Copp is showing real good ability to move off the puck and make plays with it. Petan looks like he belongs now too. Just so much young talent on forward and that's not even mentioning Conner.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013

I find it interesting that our new #1 line seems to wear out the opposition and get better late in games. LLW seemed to fade in the 3rd period.

pegjets

Oh Canada
Apr 4, 2013

Just a different style I think when your first line is pure offensive versus Ladd's gritty/defensive style.

Nickel eye Heel hers

Happy thoughts
Feb 12, 2016
granola island, BC
I enjoyed watching the win.

Like most fans disappointed with the season, but hopeful that with a special teams adjustment, great hockey will be coming our way in the Fall.

Now to become depressed again watching the Blue and Gold this Summer.

AWSAA

Sep 8, 2003
#### this season.

Now watch Calgary win the lottery with what would have been our # in the draw just to top it all off. Or they'll just pick the player everyone here wants from under us.

If they pull this No Man's Land #### next year you clear house. Chevy, Maurice, Wheeler all gone.

Hobble

Sep 2, 2010
Matt Chiefly, Mark Wheeler and Nicholas Eller had a great game, and have me really excited for next season.

The bottom six looks like it could have some serious competition from Mitt Petan, Nole Armia and Drew Cott.

Hoping our depth can finally push Matt Stewart and Kris Whoreburn into the pressbox, but I don't expect Peter Maurice to realize he has better options.

I am not at all impressed by seeing Andrea Pavelich's great play at the end of the season. Its the same old story, starts and ends well, with absolute garbage in between. Conrad Hellavich better take over the starting role.

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
And draft again in no man's land. So much for the "bottom out year".

One small step forward for the team, one giant leap backwards for the franchise

kxx

the great southern threadkill
Feb 21, 2015
Winnipeg, MO
LA commentators loved ESW line . Fitting that Scheif got the gwg they were relentless

Am quietly enraged at our slow stubborn crawl out of the basement but at least less garbage goals then in the San Jose game

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
Well, California decided to roll over and die on this road trip. What looked like a sure losing streak turned into their first and only 4 game win streak. I am so frustrated that they couldn't do this AT ANY POINT during the season.

Well, at least ESW was able to outscore MVPavelec over the roadtrip. Seriously, what the **** is up with Cali's poor defense? No wonder all the illegal immigrants hop the border there. :sarcasm:

Whileee

May 29, 2010
I find it interesting that our new #1 line seems to wear out the opposition and get better late in games. LLW seemed to fade in the 3rd period.

Ladd was usually gassed in the third, and dead when he started the OT. He was also keeping Scheifele on ice in the SO.

Petan with a marvelous game.

Ehlers is going to be great.

Do or Die

Jun 28, 2011
Yes, tankers are going to cry a blue streak.....

But, pride and effort (not going into the tank or quitting when down) are not bad concepts for a team with a lot of young players coming up..... or coming into their own.......

To say nothing of the confidence, that can breed....

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad