Post-Game Talk: Well that was unexpected

AM

Nov 22, 2004
Edmonton
Brown can't either, and that's the problem.
Well he has, or do you think brown is mind controlling the coach to give him ice time?

You know who the Oilers could probably use -- a right-handed shot who would be great on the 3rd line (or the 2nd line), and a fine 2nd-unit PP guy?

This guy:
ryan-strome-2024-4312.jpg

Oh wait.... the Oilers already had this guy, and then traded him for basically nothing... then, he scored 61 points per year for the Rangers for the next four years. Also scored twice last game vs. Edmonton. Has 6 points in his past four games.

Sure glad we dealt him away to get 25 games from Ryan Spooner, though!!
peter_chiarelli_ep.jpg
Probably the worst trade I can remember.

AM

Nov 22, 2004
Edmonton
He's gotten plenty of opportunities sure.

He has not succeeded in utilizing those opportunities.
It’s hard coming back from major injury. But if you can achieve it, it can add dimensions to your game. Watching what he can do is gripping for me and I hope he gets to the other side.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
It’s hard coming back from major injury. But if you can achieve it, it can add dimensions to your game. Watching what he can do is gripping for me and I hope he gets to the other side.
This is where I am at as well.
I dont want him to fail. I dont understand posters who seem to revel in his ongoing offensive drought.

You can see that he is entirely in his head and that kind of thing gets worse and worse over time. One thing I noticed (based on viewings from a couple of seasons ago) is that he is tentitive in his game. He gets to where he needs to be most of the time but he isnt committing all of himself by my eye.
He seems to be unsure.
He has basically become a soft player.
I had pateince with him because up until recently he was playing good defenisvely.
Just my opinion but I think it would really help him to endure a few heavy collisons and come to the realization that things are okay with his previous injury.

That being said he has had plenty of time to push through the mental aspects that are holding him back. Now that his D game has dropped off I dont see any reason to keep him in the lineup.
I dont know if he has a no movement clause but if he doesnt then he should be in the AHL until he finds his game.

Reactions: McAsuno

iCanada

Feb 6, 2010
Edmonton

See if we weren't where we are I'd be on board with that.

We're trying to win a cup this year. He's had 50 games to show he's worth a damn and he's frankly not shown anything and getting worse. I don't want him to fail, but frankly he's already failed. Nothing against the guy, I'm sure he's great and otherwise I wish him the best, I just think we have a better chance winning the cup without him.

And that's not even a knock on him or his abilities asa whole - I think there's a chance he figures it out and will be a great NHL player. Just the writing is on the wall it won't be here, we can't afford him next year anyway. Let someone not trying to win this year gamble on him, better for us and for Brown.

Reactions: McAsuno

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
Corey perry can’t do the job brown is doing. And they are both important jobs.

Brown hasn't been doing his job either. If he can't score, he shouldn't be a defensive liability. If he can't score, at least generate more scoring chances. He's timid AF out there and has no clue what to do with the puck.

Reactions: Duke74

alanschu

Aug 12, 2005
Edmonton, Alberta
Someone tell me how McDavid missed that gape?
I'm only half joking when I say it was because he was set up by Brown XD

I totally agree with people that he should get some press box time but lol you know your season is cursed when you make a great read to the best player in the game who undresses a top tier goal and then rings it off the post!

Reactions: Dieseloil

Arty Spooners Bsmnt

Apr 22, 2023
Hey guys, this fan base has run Paul Coffey, Jason Arnott and Ethan Bear out of town, you can do it Brown too.
Did the fan base run Paul Coffee and Jason Arnott out of town or did the media, saying it was on behalf of the fans?

With internet boards like this I can see fans currently running people out of town.

Reactions: Duke74

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
Never. Ever. Would I say that of my Atlantic Canada friends.

Some of the nicest, hardworking and intelligent people I’ve ever met and worked with.

And we’ve all been trying to purge our memories of bad Jack, hoping for good Jack if we need him in the play offs.

You probably have been working night shifts in the control centre. I’ve been there, I get it.
I’ve actually been off since Oct 25 with hip replacement
Going back in 2 weeks. Hopefully we r done of snow .

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Hey guys, this fan base has run Paul Coffey, Jason Arnott and Ethan Bear out of town, you can do it Brown too.
Oh what a shame that would be. He shouldn't even be in the NHL the way he's playing. Paul Coffey, as others mentioned went elsewhere due to money.

Ethan Bear. lol That even underscores your point.

Fact of the matter is some players that get "run out of town" are not popular with the fanbase because they are not helpful. If you consider that savage in some way in the realm of pro sports where these guys are handsomely paid thats your perogative.

But you still maintain somehow that Connor Brown is useful.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Oh what a shame that would be. He shouldn't even be in the NHL the way he's playing. Paul Coffey, as others mentioned went elsewhere due to money.

Fact of the matter is some players that get "run out of town" are not popular with the fanbase because they are not helpful. If you consider that savage in some way in the realm of pro sports where these guys are handsomely paid thats your perogative.

Then stop complaining like he personally owes you money and do something about it.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Someone tell me how McDavid missed that gape?
Connor Brown disease could be contagious.

Then stop complaining like he personally owes you money and do something about it.
What should I do about it? lol

Maybe you could stop telling people what they can state about the worst player on the team by miles. Obviously theres going to be frustration with this player. His play was so bad that he's again healthy scratched.

Yuke

Jan 15, 2020

Only way money should have anything to do with it is if you were directly paying them straight out of your pocket.
Fans can choose another team, players usually cannot.
I am surprised some players do get a pass especially when their play vastly improves on a contract year.

AM

Nov 22, 2004
Edmonton
See if we weren't where we are I'd be on board with that.

We're trying to win a cup this year. He's had 50 games to show he's worth a damn and he's frankly not shown anything and getting worse. I don't want him to fail, but frankly he's already failed. Nothing against the guy, I'm sure he's great and otherwise I wish him the best, I just think we have a better chance winning the cup without him.

And that's not even a knock on him or his abilities asa whole - I think there's a chance he figures it out and will be a great NHL player. Just the writing is on the wall it won't be here, we can't afford him next year anyway. Let someone not trying to win this year gamble on him, better for us and for Brown.
You win a cup by getting your team to jell defensively and growing all of your players beyond their current

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad